Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen struggling to agree terms with star striker Chris Maguire, admits WM

If his decision was to fuck off, I don't think he'd need to bluff. 

More likely Craig Brown and Willie Miller have spoken to him and made him realise it would probably be more beneficial to remain at Aberdeen for the time being rather than chase the money.

My point with that is that he keeps face with the support by making out he wanted to stay and then still leaves after it all anyway.

Mind you Bebo might not be bright enough to do that

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maguire is obviously enjoying working under Broon, he will sit down and discuss a new deal.

Why is it when ever a player plays good it means that he enjoys playing under the said manager at the time.

If this was the case then he has been ripping the fans off when he has not enjoyed playing under the last 2 managers.

That's what Miller says but part of that negotiation appears to have been lending him to Kilmarnock. I wouldn't take that as a strong desire to keep me if I was in his position.

The last manager was a fucking buffoon and no-one enjoyed that sorry period in the clubs history.

Sum's it up really... I do think that Maguire needs to screw his head on a bit tighter, but pretty much everything in the past 18 months connected with AFC has been a disaster, including the career progression of Maguire.

The last manager was a fucking buffoon and no-one enjoyed that sorry period in the clubs history.

Agreed.

Why is it when ever a player plays good it means that he enjoys playing under the said manager at the time.

If this was the case then he has been ripping the fans off when he has not enjoyed playing under the last 2 managers.

I never mentioned that it was my opinion, just I thought that the article suggested that this was the case.

It's true that the McGhee experiment went horribly wrong, but you have to say the players don't exactly come out of this covered in glory.  Effort should be the minimum requirement, and it should be delivered wholeheartedly for the benefit of the paying public - regardless of what they thought about the old Boss.

Don't say that to Mini or Stoney, they'll go apoplectic!  :thumbsup:

Not at all, people are entitled to their opinions, I just think he was pish today apart from some bits of the second half, Derek Young and Considine had very good GAMES and by games I mean roughly 90 minutes.

I thought he didn't do to much in the first half.

But with Brooners decision to swap him and Magennis he showed up more. And made two great crosses for Vernon to get on the end of.

Not MOTM material for me though, not today.

agree 100% but actually showed great attitude in the second half, i hope to fuck that he doest go running to the press about how good his two assists were though