• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen FC ready to bow to Chris Maguire’s demands

Striker to be offered revised two-year deal

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 16/05/2011

ABERDEEN FC will this week offer Chris Maguire a revised two-year deal in an effort to keep the striker at Pittodrie.

Maguire, who scored twice in their 3-1 win over Hibs at Easter Road, won’t sign the three-year contract offered because he doesn’t want to be tied to the club for that long.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown revealed he will order the directors to make a fresh offer to Maguire because he is determined to have the 22-year-old leading his attack next season.

I've got no problem with this, he wants a future away from Pittodrie and knows he now has 2 seasons to sell himself by performing well on the park.

Worst case scenario - attitude doesn't improve and he's released in 2 years.

Best case scenario - has a fantastic season with Vernon, scoring and creating loads of goals, somebody comes in with a good offer this time next year.

Time for a reality check, let's get behind the players we've got.  Because if the current trend continues, Chris Maguire might be as good as it's going to get.

coyr

I've got no problem with this, he wants a future away from Pittodrie and knows he now has 2 seasons to sell himself by performing well on the park.

Best case scenario - has a fantastic season with Vernon, scoring and creating loads of goals, somebody comes in with a good offer this time next year.

Time for a reality check, let's get behind the players we've got.  Because if the current trend continues, Chris Maguire might be as good as it's going to get.

coyr

Agreed

coyr

Yes. Well said.

My thoughts exactly. There is very little doubt in my mind that he will leave on a free. I'll happily be wrong, but the guy / ned has shown very little professionalism or respect.

Understand what CtS is saying, as he is probably the most talented player we have just now. But he just doesn't give a fuck. If we are doing this team revamp thing properly, and trying to get rid of this losing mentality that has plagued us for too long, then it'd be more beneficial to pocket 400k and let him go i think. 400k! Will we fuck get that for him in 2 years.

400k would go a long way if it was put towards transfer fees.

if we give him the 2 year contract he wants, he basically gets paid for another 2 years to be a whinging little ned, knowing that he can walk at the end of it to whatever pish league side he wants, for a big wage increase.

There's no doubting that on his day he's one of our most talented players, and when he can be bothered he can look like the hungriest player on the park.

but I also think I'd rather have 400k for him right now, than another 2 seasons of 'hoping' he's gonna realise his potential and sort out some serious character flaws.

Also, what message does that show to the other up and coming youngsters? act like a spoilt little dick, and you will get what you want.

Offer him the 2 years contract, but less money than the 3 year one. see what really motivates him.

I'd rather have £400,000 than Maguire.

In order to avail of said pounds one must find a buyer willing to part with said monies. Do you think Maguire is seriously contemplating staying at Pittodrie despite a stream of offers for his services. Delude ye not. There is no offer, ergo there is no £400K.

Agent is Aberdeen FC’s ace in battle for Chris Maguire

Boss Brown ‘encouraged’ after talks

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 19/05/2011

ABERDEEN FC are confident Chris Maguire’s new agent will help to persuade the striker to remain at Pittodrie.

Maguire switched agents, from Willie McKay :wave: to Dave Baldwin, towards the end of the season just completed.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown admitted he was “highly encouraged” after lengthy talks with Baldwin over a revised contract offer to Maguire that would see the Scotland striker remain at Pittodrie for another two years.

In order to avail of said pounds one must find a buyer willing to part with said monies. Do you think Maguire is seriously contemplating staying at Pittodrie despite a stream of offers for his services. Delude ye not. There is no offer, ergo there is no £400K.

He scored 12 goals last season, are we likely to get in a striker that will match that?  Well possibly but our record over the last decade would suggest that is pretty unlikley.  If he can build on this seasons performance and have a bit more of a solid and consistent line up behind him then I'd much rather than have him than £400k that the playing side will never see anyway.

to spend, or to watch disappear into the bowels of the club never to be seen again?

to be fair, 400k disappearing into the bowels of the club, would be a lot less painful to me than some little ned firing 35 yard shots into the crowd, when there's 2 easy balls ahead into the box for a goal scoring opportunity for a team mate. every fucking game.

lets face facts.

he thought he was better than us.

it turns out, the market says *cough* no.

I've already said he's a talented boy when it all clicks and in *some* games this season, he's been our best player. but that's not nearly often enough. and making wanker gestures at the folk you are there to do the job for is not on. so I would take Aluko ten times over Maguire.

Even if it's only because aluko knows the WHOLE alphabet.

so he wants another 2 years of Maccy D vouchers until Darlington come calling. Sorry beat it Christopher. don't worry, I'm sure you can catch the old firm games in most pubs in league 2 towns.

We might be struggling for talent, but we're not the old firm. we don't ignore the fact people are actually socially inept, just because they can do more than 10 keepy ups.

(when he ends up top scorer next year, I'll claim this post was his inspiration)

to be fair, 400k disappearing into the bowels of the club, would be a lot less painful to me than some little ned firing 35 yard shots into the crowd, when there's 2 easy balls ahead into the box for a goal scoring opportunity for a team mate. every fucking game.

lets face facts.

he thought he was better than us.

it turns out, the market says *cough* no.

I've already said he's a talented boy when it all clicks and in *some* games this season, he's been our best player. but that's not nearly often enough. and making wanker gestures at the folk you are there to do the job for is not on. so I would take Aluko ten times over Maguire.

Even if it's only because aluko knows the WHOLE alphabet.

so he wants another 2 years of Maccy D vouchers until Darlington come calling. Sorry beat it Christopher. don't worry, I'm sure you can catch the old firm games in most pubs in league 2 towns.

We might be struggling for talent, but we're not the old firm. we don't ignore the fact people are actually socially inept, just because they can do more than 10 keepy ups.

(when he ends up top scorer next year, I'll claim this post was his inspiration)

Agree completely. I'm still hoping he fucks off. The horrible little cunt. The show of apathy and a complete lack of respect towards the fans was the final straw for me.

CtS you should've fucking decked him.