Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen struggling to agree terms with star striker Chris Maguire, admits WM

I'd prefer you avoid using my reasoning to support your childlike, angst-ridden views. There is a world of difference between the general view on here about Maguire and the attention seeking pulp that populates posts by yourself and Stoney on the subject. Just do us all a favour and tie a knot in it for a bit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus H Christ. Some tough talking there  :-*

Its ok to have an opinion, as long as its what you want to here, otherwise you are just a spastic  ;D

Should have know better then to slag a weegie in here, must disturb the love in  ;D

Anyway saturdays performance only further shows the fact that certain players were blatantly not trying under Mcghee - they will get found out for what they are in the end.

Goodwillie, The dundee lad and sammon all being touted for big moves, maguire not even being mentioned by anyone other than himself, But of course we are the ones that have the wrong opinion  :wave:

Good een

Goodwillie, The dundee lad and sammon all being touted for big moves, maguire not even being mentioned by anyone other than himself, But of course we are the ones that have the wrong opinion  :wave:

Good een

Just because he's not being touted for a big move doesn't mean he's not good enough for AFC.

The club has invested time and money in the lad and it looks like they're finally beginning to reap the rewards from that.  In that time they've probably let a handful of other young lads go that weren't showing as much promise as Maguire.

Regardless of your thoughts on Maguire, it would be foolish not to offer him a new deal or cash in on him at this stage.

I really don't see what the arguement is here?

Its ok to have an opinion, as long as its what you want to here, otherwise you are just a spastic  ;D

Should have know better then to slag a weegie in here, must disturb the love in  ;D

As you well know, it's nothing about having an alternate opinion if that is a genuine opinion, and having everything to do with certain posters being contrary for the sake of it, to get a response from everyone else. I believe it's called fishing and I believe it got extremely fucking tiresome some time ago.

In short, just give it a fucking rest, eh?

Anyway saturdays performance only further shows the fact that certain players were blatantly not trying under Mcghee - they will get found out for what they are in the end.

Good een

typical example of why the hell should maguire stay?

he gets constantly bashed by his own fans - even though we all know its down to their own aberdonian insecurity and general jealousy of all things glasgow - so why should he stay here?

he doesnt owe any of us anything.

hes finally beginning to add consistency to his undoubted ability and all you morons on here are doing is driving the guy away

he gets constantly bashed by his own fans - even though we all know its down to their own aberdonian insecurity and general jealousy of all things glasgow - so why should he stay here?

Dunno if this is just a dig at Stoney but that's a lot of shite!

Insecurity about weegies?? Get a grip min!

Anyway saturdays performance only further shows the fact that certain players were blatantly not trying under Mcghee

I was thinking about this point over the weekend, its been mentioned before and i think its quite accurate.  I reckon there were quite a few players that found it hard to motivate themselves under Mcghee.  Personally speaking i find this understandable.  I have had plenty of cunt bosses that have inspired me to do the bare minimum. 

Dunno if this is just a dig at Stoney but that's a lot of shite!

Insecurity about weegies?? Get a grip min!

its not though my man.

in a thread belittling maguire, some yahoo was bashing on about how considine was man of the match and had a rampaging game at full back.

you work it out.

its not though my man.

in a thread belittling maguire, some yahoo was bashing on about how considine was man of the match and had a rampaging game at full back.

you work it out.

The same folk who will tell you Mackie is Pish, Stuart Duff was a waste of breath and Foster isn't any good at all! Then tell you Fergie is a god along with Alex McLeish (I won't mention Willie Miller here)

Its starting to sound like Neil Lennons Living room in here!

Its not an anti weegie conspiracy, they are just plain wrong (or should I say have a different opinion to me?). But.

As you well know, it's nothing about having an alternate opinion if that is a genuine opinion, and having everything to do with certain posters being contrary for the sake of it, to get a response from everyone else. I believe it's called fishing and I believe it got extremely fucking tiresome some time ago.

In short, just give it a fucking rest, eh?

Back of the net BB, 100%.

We are all able to see that Maguire has been fairly up and down over the last few seasons after some major early career hype. Its not unusual for a young player to suffer that, particularly if he has an ego. McGhee will not have been good for him and sending him to Killie was a solid kick in the nuts that will have been hard to take but may have actually done him some good. 6 months ago I doubt many would have been bothered if he left but now Brown has come in and Maguire is performing, the game has changed. That might be superb man management skills, its more likely to be contract pending performance but it shows what we have in the player if we can harness it and that means he is worth trying to hold onto.

It takes intelligence, humility and understanding to be able to change your views when the situation changes. I'm sure it's not too challenging to surmise where these two posters are struggling with that.