Aberdeen struggling to agree terms with star striker Chris Maguire, admits WM

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Offski according to this report from SSN

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6829693,00.html

It's obviously ultimately up to Maguire, but I think he'd be silly to leave at the end of this season.  He should stick around at Pittodrie for at least another couple of seasons and then he should have a better chance at regular first team football at whichever team he moves to . . .  ::)

Can't imagine what Scottish clubs are waiting to make him an offer ???

Rule out the Huns, that really only leaves Farts and Jungle Jims.

Would have thought that Lennon couldn't really be that stupid but then again there is the Mulgrew precedent  ;D

Rumoured elsewhere that Cardiff are one of the Championship clubs lining him up

Would have liked to see him stay, but can't help feeling 18 months in the Championship/League One beckons, before washing up at St Johnstone/Killie etc.

Would be surprised if this one comes back to bite us on the arse.

Besides, if he was in the Celtic end on Sunday, he can GTF.

stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season?

Taking a slice off of the nose to spite the face there I think. If his form noticably deteriorates then drop him, otherwise play him when needed.

On the contract situation, I agree with the consensus that leaving would proably not be a great footbaling decision for him. However if he feels he can get more money down south then fair enough. See ya.

Ho hum.

Half a season ago nobody would have batted an eyelid.  Took 10 years to show what he was 'possibly' capable of, guess we'll never know what might have been.

Chances are he'll start right back where he did a few seasons ago.  Fits and starts, trying to make a name for himself rather than straight into the starting 11 with a reputation.

Still think it's the agent pulling the strings (and his leg) though.  If "teams in Scotland and England" were interested then why hasn't one of them snapped him up on a pre-contract?

It's not going to cost them any more than the nominal fee we'll be due anyway.

Won't be missed, I thought Paton was twice the player he is but wasn't given the chance to prove it. Hopefully now CB does the right thing and plays Pawlett out wide to show what he can do. Best we've had in years IMO. I can't see why CB doesn't see it.

Is it a case of him not seeing it or rather protecting him? Every run of games he's had has ended with a month or two on the sidelines, might be for the best if we ease him back into the team.

Yes.

Story looks like an agent using fact his player is on international duty to try and generate interest in his client.

Your yes was in reply to will we get £400,000 if he moves within Scotland, .... apparently at the NOTW roadshow Craig Brown said the maximum we could get for Maguire was £360,000.

I agree re your second point.

Can't imagine what Scottish clubs are waiting to make him an offer ???

Rule out the Huns, that really only leaves Farts and Jungle Jims.

Would have thought that Lennon couldn't really be that stupid but then again there is the Mulgrew precedent  ;D

Rumoured elsewhere that Cardiff are one of the Championship clubs lining him up

Jimmy Calderwood at Ross County?