Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Stewart Gilmour at a St Mirren shareholders meeting reportedly stated 5 spl clubs could go into admin if huns go to 3rd Div. 

Majority of sponsors have get-out clauses if huns leave spl, some will quit and take their money, others will renegotiate their sponsorship but claims been made the majority including Sky and Clydesdale Bank will pull out.

Clauses were written into the contracts with a view to potential OF moves to England.

St Mirren board's favoured option is Newco to Div1 and this view is now shared by majority of shareholders who were at the meeting.

Seveco into SPL if signing ban, change to voting structure and league reconstruction.

Div1 viewed as best option

Div3 not viable.

SG claims many SPL chairmen will be reconsidering their position given new financial implications.

Larger meeting of St Mirren fans with their Board tomorrow.

(taken from http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/34332-shareholders-meeting-re-newco/page__st__60)

Regardless of how much of this is true, or otherwise, it is clear the spl is a stinking cesspit of self interest nearing on corruption.  Perhaps afc would be better just getting the hell out of dodge and play in the Highland League. 

We are being told our game is completely reliant on the huns.  This is utter bullshit but it would seem that perhaps there are 10 or 11 clubs that ARE reliant on the huns, namely the SPL.  If following the rules means the end of these clubs (afc included) then nobody is to blame but those self same SPL clubs.

SFL meeting tomorrow

SPL meeting Wed

48hrs to save/kill Scottish Football.  My increasing worry is that what the SPL/SFL/SFA/Press view as saving the game will kill it to us, and even more scarily what we view as saving the game may kill the top of the game.......perhaps

If above is true anyone want to bet against Newco being voted back into SPL on Thursday if SFL vote goes down division 3 route today.

Also if above is true it explains Milne not mentioning division 3 in his statement the other day.

The big word in the old St Mirren statement is COULD

When I start hearing 'would' or 'will' then I will take notice

either way by the end of the month the SPL will either still be welcome in my house or a Glasgow branch of the Guernsey FC supporters club will be established.

See the Weir has just quit the SPL board.

Can anyone else remember when Airdrie went bust and Airdrie Utd bought Clydebank's 2nd div slot, Jim Traynor for a good while refused to acknowledge Airdrie Utd as 'his team'. I'm sure he made clear they weren't the same team and that Airdrie were dead.

Whether or not he ever did support Airdrie is one thing, but I'd love to know if anyone else can verify my recollection. Would make it all the more obvious - if it weren't already - that his opinion, and lack of basic truthfulness - that sevco is not rangers - has nothing to do with any honest thought process, and everything to do with his agenda.

Can anyone else remember when Airdrie went bust and Airdrie Utd bought Clydebank's 2nd div slot, Jim Traynor for a good while refused to acknowledge Airdrie Utd as 'his team'. I'm sure he made clear they weren't the same team and that Airdrie were dead.

Whether or not he ever did support Airdrie is one thing, but I'd love to know if anyone else can verify my recollection. Would make it all the more obvious - if it weren't already - that his opinion, and lack of basic truthfulness - that sevco is not rangers - has nothing to do with any honest thought process, and everything to do with his agenda.

I honestly can't remember but if this is true he has changed his tune, on the BBC podcast a while back he said Rangers would keep their history and that Airdrie fans saw Airdrie as the same team with the same history.

Any league that requires 2 specific teams to permanently be in it to protect the financial security of that league clearly has its priorities completely wrong and is a disaster waiting to happen.

Any team who requires 2 specific teams to permanently be in the same league in order to help them avoid administration is being financially mismanaged IMHO and only has themselves to blame.

Anyone noticed that SSN and BBC are reporting today's SFL meeting as deciding on Newco into 1st only. Not once do they mention the option of them going into division 3.

There is to be no vote on this today, merely face to face discussions. Given the fact that SPL vote is tomorrow, then guess this makes sense.

Jim Spence on Radio Scotland saying that categorically neither Aberdeen or the Arabs are involved in any behind the scenes discussions with Green, and that both clubs remain 100% committed to their previously stated positions.

Any league that requires 2 specific teams to permanently be in it to protect the financial security of that league clearly has its priorities completely wrong and is a disaster waiting to happen.

Any team who requires 2 specific teams to permanently be in the same league in order to help them avoid administration is being financially mismanaged IMHO and only has themselves to blame.

Nail firmly on head :thumbsup:

Anyone noticed that SSN and BBC are reporting today's SFL meeting as deciding on Newco into 1st only. Not once do they mention the option of them going into division 3.

That's because they'd have to look at all applications for Division 3 individually. If they're not voted into first, as they shouldn't be, then I'd imagine a new meeting would have to be set up for them going into third, especially if there are other applicants.

There is to be no vote on this today, merely face to face discussions. Given the fact that SPL vote is tomorrow, then guess this makes sense.

Jim Spence on Radio Scotland saying that categorically neither Aberdeen or the Arabs are involved in any behind the scenes discussions with Green, and that both clubs remain 100% committed to their previously stated positions.

He also stated he still expects Seveco to get entry to Div 3 and no chance of Div1.

And Jute, you are taking your cynicism too far with regards to Milne, I have no doubt afc want to see Seveco in Div3.

Further evidence that the SFL won't bow to MSM scaremongering?

'The committee of Stranraer FC met this evening to discuss the papers recently received in advance of the SFL clubs meeting. The papers indicate a number of proposals and scenarios to deal with the potential vacancy that would occur if the expulsion of an SPL club occurs this week.

The committee unanimously agreed that the proposals are produced in haste and are unconvinced about the justification for departing from the rules and standards that the SFL represent. As a club recently faced with possible extinction and fighting our way back from financial difficulties we fully understand the position that a club could find themselves placed in and as a supporters run club, fully understand the passions of the supporters of clubs affected by such an event.

We are not convinced at the emotive language currently being aired to describe the potential ramifications to our game should a NewCo not be given special case treatment and consider that the benefits that could be negotiated do not counter balance the damage that would be done to the credibility of the SFL as a governing body.

We hold the stance that it is our place to act in the best long term interests of Stranraer FC and for Scottish Football as a whole and see no reason to breach the integrity of the SFL by filling a vacancy at any level other than at the lowest tier. The possibility of placing a NewCo at any other level breaches the sporting competition of our organisation and compromises the very structure of our game. There should not be a special case made for any club and we believe that the proper place for a phoenix club to restart life is at the lowest level. We believe it is right and proper than any club should have the right to apply for the resulting vacancy and we would then form a view on which club we would support for election to any vacancy based on the presentation case made by the applicants.

Irrespective of the size, stature, history and resources of the club filling the vacancy, the opportunity exists for that club to find their way back to their natural tier in the league structure in a fair and equitable manner while being encouraged to trade and exist successfully within the means at their disposal.

Restructuring of the league set-up and governing bodies is complex and difficult with many differing views and interests across the clubs in the spectrum. The current proposal has been compiled as a reaction to the unique and unexpected circumstances we are faced with and while there are clearly a number of ingredients that have great merit, this is too great an issue to be dealt with in this seemingly indecent haste.

Stranraer FC support the opening of a vacancy in the lowest tier given the options available at present and remain open to the continuing challenge of working towards a better future for all involved in Scottish Football

Then so be it, let clubs go to the wall, even if one of then is Aberdeen.

No club is bigger than the league. No club should ever think they can get away with murder cause the league needs them.

Agree 100%. If clubs go to the wall as a result then so fucking be it.

I actually wish we were in a better financial situation so we could resign our own spl position and apply to the 3rd division ourselves.  Leave the Old Firm and their cronies to it.

I'd love afc to come out of this 'clean'.

I actually wish we were in a better financial situation so we could resign our own spl position and apply to the 3rd division ourselves.  Leave the Old Firm and their cronies to it.

I'd love afc to come out of this 'clean'.

To be fair, we're coming out of this with more credit than I feared we would.

"East Fife say rangers should go down to third, Berwick Rangers won't say. #rangers"

"Gordon McDougal of Livingston FC says there's a growing feeling that #Rangers newco should go to division 3. #SFL"

"On steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he's been lied to, threatened and bullied. "

:clap:

I fully trust the SFL clubs, it's the SPL I'm worried about.

"East Fife say rangers should go down to third, Berwick Rangers won't say. #rangers"

"Gordon McDougal of Livingston FC says there's a growing feeling that #Rangers newco should go to division 3. #SFL"

"On steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he's been lied to, threatened and bullied. "

:clap:

I was going to say this man should be running Scottish Football but I actually think he should be running Scotland.

Got to say, I'm leaning towards this view as well.

Concerned about calls for this to be a secret ballot.

If you've got fuck all to hide, then you have no reason to hide behind the ballot box.

Want this out in the open, fans of ALL clubs have a right to know who is with them or against them