Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

• 4 weeks later...

Anelka off to china for 175k a year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/12/shanghai-shenhua-chelsea-nicolas-anelka

ridiculous money, its not like he needs it either he's made a fucking fortune over the years.  Is he not the most expensive player of all time when it comes to accumulated fees? Must have made him a tidy sum in signing on fee's alone!  I dont understand why an already multi millionaire player would want to go play diddy football for  an extra million or so a year when hes still good enough to be playing in the champions league football for another couple of seasons. 

• 4 weeks later...

Taken from Man Ure official site

06/01/2012 22:10, Statement on Wayne Rooney

Issued by Manchester United, Paul Stretford of Triple S Sports and Entertainment Group and Ian Monk Associates

Manchester United and Wayne Rooney have been made aware of the theme of an article in tomorrow's Independent newspaper.

We have not seen the detail but can assure all United fans that the Manager and the Club are committed to Wayne Rooney and Wayne is committed to the Manager and the Club.

The player and the Manager have always had and retain the utmost respect for each other and look forward to working together in the coming seasons.

Any suggestion that Manchester United and Wayne Rooney are to part company is complete nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

Calum Elliot has agreed a two-year contract with Lithuanian side VMFD Zalgiris.

As revealed last week by STV, the former Hearts striker will move to Vilnius on a free transfer, having turned down the opportunity of a trial spell with MLS side Houston Dynamo.

Elliot will travel to Lithuania on Thursday to conclude the deal. The 24-year-old was released from his contract at Hearts at the start of the transfer window, having scored 16 goals in 124 appearances for the Edinburgh club.

Zalgiris finished second in last season's Lithuanian top flight, finishing eight points behind champions Ekranas. The club will participate in next season's Europa League, entering in the first qualifying round.

Elliot's last competitive appearance came during a loan spell with Dundee, where he failed to find the net in six games.

The former Scotland Under-21 international has also had spells on loan at Motherwell and Livingston in his career, scoring two and 11 goals respectively.

“Everything has been agreed,” Elliot told the Scotsman of the move. “I’m delighted and it’s obviously a big move for me. The longer you go without a club the more you worry.

“You could say it’s a step into the unknown so there’s an element of trepidation. But I phoned Marius Zaliukas, who I’m friendly with from my time at Hearts.

"He says Vilnius is an ideal place to live in, so it helped put my mind at rest a bit.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dunfermline/294365-mark-kerr-joins-dunfermline-athletic/

Mark Kerr has agreed to join Dunfermline Athletic until the end of the season.

The former Falkirk, Dundee United and Aberdeen midfielder has been training with Jim McIntyre’s side recently, having left Greek club Asteras Tripolis.

Kerr, 29, left Scotland in June 2010 and will have to wait on international clearance before being available to resume his career in his homeland.

"We are signing a player of real quality who will give us real energy in the middle of the park," Pars boss Jim McIntyre told the club’s official website.

“He is a box to box midfielder, he can play the holding role or an attacking midfielder role. So he gives us good options."

Kerr played 397 times during 12 years in Scotland, spending five years with Falkirk and Dundee United respectively, before two seasons with Aberdeen.