Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18712651

Van Persie not renewing his contract.

One of my gooner mates is pretty angry with their board. What is it 6 seasons without a trophy and they thing one striker is enough to mount a trophy challenge? Their model is to be admired, but they don't seem or Wenger doesn't seem to realise the teams failings.

Riordan is on trial at a few la Liga sides  :o

Derek Riordan could be perfect for the glamorous Spanish La Liga, provided he gets fit and re-discovers his hunger for goalscoring.

The first time I read that Riordan will have a trial at a La Liga club I felt shocked, but after thinking about it more calmly I thought that it could probably be the perfect place for a footballer like Riordan.

He is not the classic Scottish striker - big and strong in attacking long balls. He can link up properly with his strike partners.

The most important thing for Riordan is to have a strong character - sometimes his is too strong. Character will be essential to help his club reach its goals, which will surely be to avoid relegation.

There are some clubs that might want Riordan in their squad, all smaller clubs who needs a known forward with little money.

Teams like the newly-promoted Real Valladolid, Real Zaragoza or Rayo Vallecano, a smaller club in the outskirts of Madrid where Riordan might be an idol for his rebellious attitude, and Levante could be his destination.

Of course, to win an opportunity in La Liga, Riordan will need to improve his fitness, probably lost after his last year between China and the few weeks at St Johnstone.

He should know that this is his last great opportunity in a European top flight team and if he takes it he could have a good contract after some bad years.

Paris St Germain have confirmed the signing of AC Milan's Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Sporting director Leonardo said: "Yes, I confirm that we have reached an agreement with Ibrahimovic. The player will undergo the medical check-ups tomorrow." ?

I'm sure I read something about him being the 2nd highest paid footballer?

• 2 weeks later...