Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Possible new signings

Guest ally s

Guest ally s

DEFENDERS Davide Grassi and Aitor Fernandez Lopez have joined Aberdeen Football Club on trial.

Nae idea who they've played for previously although I believe Grassi was on trial at Bournemouth earlier this year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen FC would be a step up from Parma

Grassi determined to win a deal

By Sean Wallace

Published: 18/08/2009

ITALIAN defender Davide Grassi today insisted joining Aberdeen FC would be a step up from his first club – Serie A side FC Parma.

The 23-year-old has been brought in on trial at Pittodrie alongside Spanish right-back Aitor Fernandez Lopez.

Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee has moved fast in a bid to shore up his defence which has leaked 11 goals in their first three competitive games.

Grassi said: “Aberdeen FC were in Europe this season, and will be looking to get to that level again next year.

“I want to sign on at the club and be a part of that.’’

Spanish right-back Aitor Fernandez Lopez also urged Aberdeen FC to offer him a deal – so that he can face Hamilton on Saturday.

The former Espanyol and Racing Santander defender has vowed to win over Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee during his trial period.

He reckons his La Liga experience would ensure he could cope with anything the SPL throws at him.

For the full interviews, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1359688/

McGhee has budgetary constraints but he remains hopeful of signing new recruits before the closure of the transfer window on September 1.

He is currently assessing trialists Davide Grassi and Aitor Fernandez Lopez but is still pursuing other avenues.

He said: “The trialists have done okay so far. They are defenders, one left-sided and one right-sided, which is something we are keen to look at.

“They have worked hard but I have not made any decisions yet. We will keep them here as long as necessary, right up to end of the transfer window if need be, because I want to be sure.

“The two of them have come through the ranks at decent clubs, although they have not played at a high level with them, but they have looked fairly decent and we will see what happens.

“We are still looking at one or two options, we are speaking to people and we will keep working right up until the transfer window closes.

“It is difficult, obviously, because of the financial situation, but we will keep working away.â€

Guest ally s

Just a thought, but......

.....if you were an AFC player and they keep bringing in trialists in your position, would it help your confidence?

Either sign someone, or don't, but stop hammering the already shit confidence of our supposed 1st teamers.

On the other hand it could galvanise those in said positions?  Make them realise they're not guaranteed a starting place every week and they have a fight on their hands to hold on to their starting berth.

Maybe if it was one or two trialists, but every fucking year?

And I don't think those players have the spine to cope!

Well hopefully McGhee whittles them out, because there's no point in having players like that at the club. They need rockets up their arses to get them out of this apparent comfort zone complex they seem to be harbouring.

Guest ally s

Maybe if it was one or two trialists, but every fucking year?

And I don't think those players have the spine to cope!

Got to agree with you there, there's a distinct lack of guts and fight about the current squad imo.

Got to agree with you there, there's a distinct lack of guts and fight about the current squad imo.

100% and they need to shape up or ship out. There are kids who will play with more and I would have them in the team without doubt. Time for someone else to get a shot at it.