Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Player Of The Year

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Player of the Year Nominees

Here's your chance to vote for the official Aberdeen F.C player and goal of the season. Northsound 1 and 2 have also teamed up with the Dons to give you the chance to win the brand NEW Dons home kit for next season.

Three runners up will receive a signed AFC football.

Vote for your AFC player of the season and AFC goal of the season at www.northsound1.com or www.northsound2.com - please note that your votes will only be counted once.

Former Dons captain and Northsound 2 Friday Sport pundit Stewart McKimmie, has picked his top five players of the season for you to vote on as official Aberdeen player of the season.

AFC PLAYER OF THE SEASON

AFC player of the year

AFC Player of the Season nominees:

• Zander Diamond

Stewart said: "He's the dominate force at the back for Aberdeen. When he's not there you notice his absence, especially his organisation and communication skills. A definite future captain of Aberdeen."

• Lee Miller

Stewart said: "His form has dwindled slightly since injury and suspensions but he's the type of target man every manager would want in their team. If he can add a few more goals to his game he will be a regular Scotland player in the future."

• Sone Aluko

Stewart said: "Hard to pick anyone who's more influential when in full flow. Has pace and skill and if he can dominate opponents more often then the sky is the limit for him."

• Jamie Langfield

Stewart said: "Has matured as a goalkeeper and put mistakes which plagued him in the past. He's making good decisions at crosses and is an excellent shot stopper. If his form continues he must be considered for Scotland again."

• Mark Kerr

Stewart said: "Mark would be my pick as player of the season. He took a few games to settle in to things at Pittodrie; however he hasn't looked back since then. He's a calming influence in midfield and despite some indiscipline this term I can see him getting even better next season."

Vote now by clicking here

I'd go with Langfield, easily our most consistant this season plus he is currently joint 1st for most clean sheets this season

I don't think there has been much between them, and certainly no-one who has stood head and shoulders above the rest. I can't see what is so contentious about voting for Diamond?

I'd have the awards between Kerr, Langfield and Diamond. I'd say Langfield comes in under the 'most improved player' category - an award usually given to a player who has had an absolute shocker in the previous season that by just turning up to training gets him the award by default. Possibly one of the best seasons he's had in an AFC shirt though. Deserves a place in the Scotland setup.

Kerr wins it in the 'best newcomer' category - for me a player who has been generally solid and dependable, but needs to keep the form in seasons 2 and 3 to prove himself. I don't think discipline is as much of an issue here - thats what I like to see in a player.

For POTY though, Diamond edges it. Dedication, effort, workrate, motivation, etc... He has been more of a captain than Seve this season and deserves the armband for next season IMO.

Hows that for sitting on the fence? Awards for all... ;)

I don't think there has been much between them, and certainly no-one who has stood head and shoulders above the rest. I can't see what is so contentious about voting for Diamond?

I'd have the awards between Kerr, Langfield and Diamond. I'd say Langfield comes in under the 'most improved player' category - an award usually given to a player who has had an absolute shocker in the previous season that by just turning up to training gets him the award by default. Possibly one of the best seasons he's had in an AFC shirt though. Deserves a place in the Scotland setup.

Kerr wins it in the 'best newcomer' category - for me a player who has been generally solid and dependable, but needs to keep the form in seasons 2 and 3 to prove himself. I don't think discipline is as much of an issue here - thats what I like to see in a player.

For POTY though, Diamond edges it. Dedication, effort, workrate, motivation, etc... He has been more of a captain than Seve this season and deserves the armband for next season IMO.

Hows that for sitting on the fence? Awards for all... ;)

red cards?

A bit of indiscipline, yeah.

I kinda agree but at the business end of the season to show that much indiscipline and lack of prefessionalism as a senior and experienced player is worth a boot in the stanes.

Diamond will most likely get the nod for the captaincy but will really have to deal with his own standards of indiscipline first.