Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

Utd winning today in my eyes effectively ends any chance of getting into europe therefore the season is over.

Got to say totally agree with that comment. can see us being seven behind with nine to play for come 10pm Thursday night. Season over me thinks :(

Reckon the knives will be well and truely getting sharpened o'er on the Hat.

Someone care to remind me where our saviour was today ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say totally agree with that comment. can see us being seven behind with nine to play for come 10pm Thursday night. Season over me thinks :(

Reckon the knives will be well and truely getting sharpened o'er on the Hat.

Someone care to remind me where our saviour was today ;)

Bollocks!  ;D

Season is not over yet, two big games coming up.

Exactly - Hearts and Utd both have to play each of the Old Firm too...

All in favour of optimism BUT fair chance come Thursday night we could seven points adrift of fourth place, needing at least seven points from our remaining three games including away day at Greyskull.

I call in realism, but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

All in favour of optimism BUT fair chance come Thursday night we could seven points adrift of fourth place, needing at least seven points from our remaining three games including away day at Greyskull.

I call in realism, but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Alas, I am of the same opinion :( Today signalled the end of fourth, as I've always maintained, I don't think we'll win at tannalice, and they have the knack of scoring late goals (as seen today). But we'll just have to wait and hope.

As long as it is still mathematically possible, I'll remain optimistic that we can still do it.  :thumbsup:

I don't go to each match at the start and think "we're going to get beat here". Not for Rangers, not for Celtic and certainly not against the likes of Dundee United and Hearts.

You're all such pessimists. Cheer up!

You know I'm not usually pessimistic, I think its more realistic than anything else. I've had all optimism knocked out of me this season. Everytime I begin to hope, they fail to deliver. I mean, I know this is the Aberdeen way, it just feels that its been worse than normal. I have no idea why. I hope we get some form of result on Thursday, because boy do we need it!

If you're going to be 'realistic' then you know we're never going to win the league which is the ultimate desire of every team, but we still go to back the team along the way. If the fans are giving up at this stage of the season then you can hardly blame the players if they do too.

If you're going to be 'realistic' then you know we're never going to win the league which is the ultimate desire of every team, but we still go to back the team along the way. If the fans are giving up at this stage of the season then you can hardly blame the players if they do too.

Jesus fuck.

Fans pay money for the priviledge of watching the team play - that allows us to be able to give up

Players get paid to pay for the team - I would pretty much say that rules them out

I've got to disagree, its because of the players/club that we've given up on the season already. Had they shown they'd given a fuck over the season, there wouldn't be so much apathy surrounding the club. I don't expect us to win the league, I expect to show us a good account of ourselves and be stronger at home than we are away. I don't expect us to win everygame, far from it, football is a game that depends on a number of factors, luck being one of them. However, the manner in which we have conceded defeat and goals this season has been bordering ridiculous. There is a distinct lack of passion and desire which in the end influences the support. I knew we'd lose today, thats not to say I didn't have hope and optimism before/during it and hell on another day/parallel universe, we could have scored a cricket score.

If the support had felt like this from the start of the season and not supported the team, I wouldn't blame them, however there have been a number of occassions that the fans have turned up, and what do they get? An inept performance which turns them off again. We've turned up once this season, Hearts at home. I can't think of any other occassion where the fans have turned up in numbers and the team has performed.

This "perfect fan" stuff is fucking nauseating to be honest.  Don't tell people how to support their team, we've all spent money, time and emotions on Aberdeen FC.  We all want what's best for the club.  I'd wager some of those players only want what's best for themselves.

This "perfect fan" stuff is fucking nauseating to be honest.  Don't tell people how to support their team, we've all spent money, time and emotions on Aberdeen FC.  We all want what's best for the club.  I'd wager some of those players only want what's best for themselves.

:clap:  :thumbsup:

I've got to disagree, its because of the players/club that we've given up on the season already. Had they shown they'd given a fuck over the season, there wouldn't be so much apathy surrounding the club. I don't expect us to win the league, I expect to show us a good account of ourselves and be stronger at home than we are away. I don't expect us to win everygame, far from it, football is a game that depends on a number of factors, luck being one of them. However, the manner in which we have conceded defeat and goals this season has been bordering ridiculous. There is a distinct lack of passion and desire which in the end influences the support. I knew we'd lose today, thats not to say I didn't have hope and optimism before/during it and hell on another day/parallel universe, we could have scored a cricket score.

If the support had felt like this from the start of the season and not supported the team, I wouldn't blame them, however there have been a number of occassions that the fans have turned up, and what do they get? An inept performance which turns them off again. We've turned up once this season, Hearts at home. I can't think of any other occassion where the fans have turned up in numbers and the team has performed.

Good post, buddy.  Unfortunately, the bit that strikes a chord with me the most and saddens me the most is this:

There is a distinct lack of passion and desire which in the end influences the support.

That is the big problem for me. There is an apparent aversion to professional pride at Pittodrie.  The only ballsy challenge today was made by an 18 year old making his SPL debut. 

Nostalgia time: I'm not sure how many of you remember a match in the early 90's that was a Monday night (think it was the first Scottish game on BSkyB or something) it was against the huns, it may well have been a Scottish Cup game. We lost one-nil.  But that night Spackman and Hurlock started taking liberties with some of their tackles on our players. Bett got moved wide right, van de Ven moved into the middle and him and Brian Grant kicked the fuck out the two hun arseholes.  That was professional pride and also pride for the jersey. No one in our team demonstrates that and by Christ we need someone to. Both the team and the fans would respond to it.

Good post, buddy.  Unfortunately, the bit that strikes a chord with me the most and saddens me the most is this:

That is the big problem for me. There is an apparent aversion to professional pride at Pittodrie.  The only ballsy challenge today was made by an 18 year old making his SPL debut. 

Nostalgia time: I'm not sure how many of you remember a match in the early 90's that was a Monday night (think it was the first Scottish game on BSkyB or something) it was against the huns, it may well have been a Scottish Cup game. We lost one-nil.  But that night Spackman and Hurlock started taking liberties with some of their tackles on our players. Bett got moved wide right, van de Ven moved into the middle and him and Brian Grant kicked the fuck out the two hun arseholes.  That was professional pride and also pride for the jersey. No one in our team demonstrates that and by Christ we need someone to. Both the team and the fans would respond to it.

I completely agree. I can't remember the last crunching tackle I saw (probably clark last season) let alone a midfielding performance like that. Don't get me wrong, I love what Kerr does and think he's a great player, but he doesn't take games by the scruff of the neck like I imagine Grant and van den Ven did. I don't remember the game (didn't have sky and too young to be in a pub) but its something that I remember Bisco doing. A passion and a determination to not let the opposition frighten/influence you.

I love what Kerr does and think he's a great player, but he doesn't take games by the scruff of the neck like I imagine Grant and van den Ven did.

This is because of the new age midfielder, thanks to Champ Manager and similar things. Midfielders now are either defensive or attacking.  (See Mark Kerr and Gary McDonald).  Whereas Grant and van de Ven could do it all.

I don't remember the game (didn't have sky and too young to be in a pub) but its something that I remember Bisco doing. A passion and a determination to not let the opposition frighten/influence you.

Roberto Bisconti = Bobby Biscuit

He was a player.

This is because of the new age midfielder, thanks to Champ Manager and similar things. Midfielders now are either defensive or attacking.  (See Mark Kerr and Gary McDonald).  Whereas Grant and van de Ven could do it all.

Roberto Bisconti = Bobby Biscuit

He was a player.

A favourite player of mine too which was why I mentioned him specifically ;) I've never actually thought of it like that but its true, there isn't that all round midfielder anymore. Even Scholes, one of the best midfielders of my generation, he can attack but christ, his tackles are as bad as seve's attitude.

Guest Nellie The Don

I've got to disagree, its because of the players/club that we've given up on the season already. Had they shown they'd given a fuck over the season, there wouldn't be so much apathy surrounding the club.

Apathy? I'll tell ye about fucking apathy...

actually, na. I can't be fucked.

Langfield had some terrific saves despite the scoreline

Completely agree. The three goals were very difficult for Langfield to do anything about. Maybe he could've shouted a bit louder to let Consi know he was behind him. But Consi was only doing what any defender should be doing ... trying to clear the ball out of his area.  The second was a goal out of nothing for McDonald and Langfield did well to get as close as he did, considering how late he would've seen it. And the third ... well, when you're one-on-one with the goalie it's all down to how good a striker you are. McDonald's goal-tally this season shows he clearly knows how to find the back of the net. So again, I can't really fault Langfield for that goal. I just wish Maguire and Wright would take some tips from Scott McDonald on how to finish when you're 1-on-1 with the keeper.

Completely agree. The three goals were very difficult for Langfield to do anything about. Maybe he could've shouted a bit louder to let Consi know he was behind him. But Consi was only doing what any defender should be doing ... trying to clear the ball out of his area.  The second was a goal out of nothing for McDonald and Langfield did well to get as close as he did, considering how late he would've seen it. And the third ... well, when you're one-on-one with the goalie it's all down to how good a striker you are. McDonald's goal-tally this season shows he clearly knows how to find the back of the net. So again, I can't really fault Langfield for that goal. I just wish Maguire and Wright would take some tips from Scott McDonald on how to finish when you're 1-on-1 with the keeper.

See, I don't fault either Maguire or Wright for those chances. I would say Maguire would probably put that away. There is no doubting his finishing ability, just needs to apply it better. He probably shouldn't have gone for the lob, because even Mackie has scored a one on one with Boruc by shooting through him. But he is still learning, and appears to be making progress. Wright, the ball just wouldn't come down for him, but then again, a better striker would have taken a touch before hand. Its not his fault, but I don't expect him to be able to do that. As you say, its all down to how good a striker you are, and McDonald showed his worth on Saturday.

Just managed to think properly after a stinking hangover yesterday.

First half - played very well and had Celtic on the backfoot for large parts. Maguire had that lob over Boruc and Severin had a chance at the back post. Aluko had a shot well saved with Celtics only chance coming from a Hartely drive which was tipped over brilliantly by Langfield. Lovely ball from Mulgrew and good header from Maguire for the first and at that point, we just seemed to be in ascendeny the whole time. Very poor goal to lose at a dreadful time. It was a catalogue of errors as I don't think it was ever a free-kick. I don't know if there was a shout from Langfield or not but, Considine should never have tried to head it. Going in 1 all, flattered Celtic.

Second half - seemed to lose all confidence and started to let Celtic play. I thought it was a blow to us that McManus came off as Loovens was winning everything in the air. Langfield kept us in it with some very good saves but it was cutting a hot knife through butter for McDonalds first. It was so easy and Considine could and should have stuck to him tighter. I thought Wright finally looked like a football player on Saturday as he seemed to hold off defenders and play the ball. Thought he played quite well. Never really created anything in the second half with Wright clean through, the only notable chance. Third goal was again easy and wrapped the game up.

Dougie McDonald had an absolute shocker I thought. Everytime a Celtic player went down, he had to blow the whistle. No way was it a free-kick for the first goal.

Good to see Paton and Pawlett given a run out.

Maguire and Langfield for man of the match with Wright, Foster, Kerr, Aluko and Mulgrew all playing pretty well.

Garry Pendrey is the biggest cunt I have ever had to witness. Beats Boruc by an absolute whisker.