Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a call from someone heading up for the game and apparently someone has put a big banner up on a flyover on the Dundee-Aberdeen road saying "who fiddled all the kids - big jock knew" and the police are trying in vain to get it down again

Of the defence, Consi looked the shakiest. But in saying that, at least he got stuck in a few times. I didn't even remember seeing Severin's face on the tele once during that match. He might as well have not been involved in that match, he was so anonymous.

Langfield was at his best today, imho, and was probably worthy of MOTM from an Aberdeen perspective. Good job from Maguire too. I thought he and Aluko were a fairly decent partnership. Although there were a couple of chances that Maguire passed up that would've been buried had they falled to Miller or Mackie.

Our biggest failure today really was our lack of depth. We had Celtic by the balls in the first half. But our fitness was beginning to show half way thru the second half. And when we got tired, we pulled on Pawlett and Paton. When Celtic got tired they pulled on Loovens and Maloney. That's the difference in squad-depths today which really won the match. Had we had more capable defenders on the bench today, COnsi would've probably been taken off half way thru the second half. His legs gave way towards the end and Scott MacDonald took advantage.

Miller's back from suspension next game. Smith and Mackie should be back. That should allow Aluko to move back into midfield and let our defence get back to almost normal (ie as normal as it can be without Diamond).

The season's nae over yet!!

Amazing first half, could/should have been a few goals up, but what happened at half time?

MOTM? Either Langfield or Maguire. Langfield looked solid, made some great saves, and couldn't really be put at fault for any of the goals. Maguire looked on fire and maybe should have got a few, faded towards the end.

Foster had a pretty good game too, as did Mulgrew.

Considine, absolute nightmare.

Severin. Looked completely uninterested until maybe the last 15 mins, when he stood up a bit and started gettting on at the rest of the team and at the ref- who looked to have a worse game than Considine from where I was sitting.

Paton looked strong and fast.

Powlett(sp?) he came on and ran about like a Darren Mackie and then seemed to just kick everybody, he looked scared as fuck when Hartley squared up to him though.

Scott McDonald is a cunt.

That's all I can think of right now?

To be fair, I didn't think anyone apart from the obvious player had a bad match. Langfield was very good however.

I thought Pawlett did a lot more than Paton, but it was a tough game for them both to come into and fair play to JC for giving them a run out, he gets pelters for not playing the youth enough but he certainly put his trust in them today. Hopefully see a bit more of them before the season's out.

To be fair, I didn't think anyone apart from the obvious player had a bad match. Langfield was very good however.

I thought Pawlett did a lot more than Paton, but it was a tough game for them both to come into and fair play to JC for giving them a run out, he gets pelters for not playing the youth enough but he certainly put his trust in them today. Hopefully see a bit more of them before the season's out.

It was nice to see them both get a run out and I don't think either of them did badly, Pawlett the better of the two as you quite rightly say. I really thought we deserved a draw out of that game, but to be fair to those tattie cunts they took their chances, whereas we didn't. It really was one of those, if only games. Entertaining game nonetheless, but there didn't seem to be many in the Y?

If only Wright took the shot on earlier when he was 1 on 1 with that scum Boruc(I wasnt chuffed with his antics after it was 3-1) to make it 2-1 it could all of been different.

Both teams looked comfortable in the lead and when it was 1-1 I couldnt see either team getting a winner. Thought Paton and Pawlett did ok. Paton didnt seem to give the defenders peace.

I'm torn between Langfield and Maguire for MOTM. Ive got no idea how Aluko got the sponsers one.

Scott Severin, what a waste of space. Clearly uninterested, shite play, almost cocked up with a backpass that we were lucky not to concede from, and didn't celebrate with the rest of the team when we scored. Every player bar Langfield was over celebrating with Maguire but our "captain".

The sponsors clearly had too much to drink today as well, picking Aluko as man of the match. He wasn't far off useless today, and I thought he should've been subbed.

MOTM could have been any of Maguire, Kerr or Langfield. Langfield had some terrific saves despite the scoreline, and certainly in the first half Maguire played very well. I think we did miss Miller and Diamond today, although other than those already mentioned I don't think we played all that badly.

The 3-1 scoreline certainly flattered Celtic. But I don't think we can complain to much about the defeat based on the second half performance.

We played very well in the first half and I just can't help but think that if we'd held gone into HT in the lead that it would have been a very different result today. That goal was so important for their confidence and so detrimental to ours that was the difference.

From my view, I couldn't clearly see Celtics first goal so didn't realise it was a Considine OG. Up until the end I thought he was coping quite well under considerable pressure, it was just frustrating that McDonald's goals looked so easy.

Severin is not a captain. No motivation, no interest, no passion. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Other than that, there wasn't really much amiss with the rest of the team. We generally played well, looked threatening on occasion and coped better than I expected given the players that we had available.

Tommy Wright and Maguire partnered well and I was particularly impressed by Maguire in the first half. Industrious performances from Kerr and Foster.

Duff and Aluko were fairly ineffective, with Aluko once again flattering to deceive. Sponsors MOTM? WTF?

Paton and Pawlett didn't do much wrong, but I don't think there were going to make much of an impact on the game anyway.

Langfield made some very good saves, and I can't really bring myself to award him MOTM as he did concede three goals, albeit defensive errors. So its probably Kerr for me.

Highlight: high five from Angus the Bull.

Lowlight: The stench of the OF

I noticed that too, I turned to my mate and commented on this, and we agreed, he's off!

End of the season can't come quick enough for him!

I know the feeling.  These last four games are going to be torturous, the only slim hope that we have is getting 3 points at tannadump.  Cant see it

We still have two home games left and I'd like to think we could beat Hibs at home.

You'd like to hope so, but I think that maybe an irrelevancy now that the arabs have beaten hivs today. I can't see us getting a result at tannalice which means they will have a healthy cushion over us. Stranger things have happened, but I just don't see where the inspiration and desire is going to come from.

I thought Pawlett did quite well when he came on.  I can't believe he was booked for a 50/50 challenge.

Another poor day for the officials, so many borderline decisions seemed to go Celtics way.

We created some good chances and deserves something out of the game.

Langfield MOTM for me.

Thought we started well and played some good stuff with the ball on the ground. Deserved the lead and looked good value for it. Then once we were up we reverted to type and sat back to be steamrollered. Once the 1st went in it was a foregone conclusion sadly. Is it Jimmy,is it the skipper, who decides to take the foot off the gas. This costs us so often!!

Also noticed the crowd was shit today, was it bank holiday related or a lack of confidence in our ability to compete lately??

We still have two home games left and I'd like to think we could beat Hibs at home.

I'd LIKE to as well but i dont think we will, we have won only 2 league games since we beat the tims 4-2.   Utd winning today in my eyes effectively ends any chance of getting into europe therefore the season is over.

Only saw the first 15 mins as I had my own game today but most folk know if Aluko is taken off, no matter how tired he looks or how poor he's been Jimmy is gonig to get booed or the "you don't know what you're doing chants" will start. JC knows he doesn't need that right now.

I thought we deserved something out of the game.  Maguire and Wright were both one on one with the keeper, and Severin had a good chance in the first half at the back post.

As for Aluko, he had a good second half and was one of our better players but Kerr, Langfield and Maguire had better matches.

I thought we deserved something out of the game.  Maguire and Wright were both one on one with the keeper, and Severin had a good chance in the first half at the back post.

As for Aluko, he had a good second half and was one of our better players but Kerr, Langfield and Maguire had better matches.

I thought Maguire was unlucky with that chance and Wright, the ball just wouldn't fall for him, although he should have taken a touch to control it.