🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was shit last year anyway

Whilst the season was a cracker, the Bahrain track is a complete waste of money, time and was completely dull as a spectacle. Yet another example of Arabs showing their wealth off.

On a side note, sounds like kubica is recovering well.

• 1 month later...

I agree with what Mark Webber said on the subject:

"It can be more exciting when we have some different weather conditions, that does happen. But you just try and think of Jimmy Clark, and Jackie Stewart and (Ayrton) Senna and those guys, masters in the wet.

"Jackie's still here but the other two would be turning in their graves if they thought we'd have sprinklers and hoses lined up around the track."

Ridiculous idea that is only being bandied about because there is not enough overtaking.  Perhaps they should ditch some of the circuits where over taking is difficult!! (e.g. Hungaroring).

I'm surprised that my post has been up all afternoon and this is the only pun reply. . . . . . . ::)

Isn't it nice to have a thread that isn't watered down swith puns? ;)

Aye, sort it out dave_min!

is it this season the BBC are showing it in HD?

edit: Just seen the ad on  BBC, said bbc tv, bbc radio and BBC HD  8)

Well worth a watch!

Wasn't really aware of Colin Chapmans influence on the sport.

He was extremely innovative but it seems to have cost a few lives!

The footage at the end of the doc showing Roger Williamson was terrifying and infuriating.  Unbelievable scenes!

Chapman that did the spoon bottom in the Lotus (or was it Brabham) did he not? I also have vague a recollection of reading about a Formula 1 car or at least a prototype that basically had a big fan underneath sucking the car to the ground, then again I may have made this up with an over-active childhood imagination.

He was extremely innovative but it seems to have cost a few lives!

The footage at the end of the doc showing Roger Williamson was terrifying and infuriating.  Unbelievable scenes!

Aye  - Its unbelievable how unsafe the F1 cars and circuits were - if you crashed, you were fucked. 

Strange considering that alot of the safety/fire retardant technology was available after being developed in WWII for fighter planes (were fire was a major hazard).  Guess the self sealing fuel tanks put too much weight on.

Cant decide if Chapman comes out of this in a good light or not - the revolutionary car design (with no testing) versus the death rate  is tough.

Also note that they mentioned that Honda tested a car on a Grand Prix that had a magnesium body! That's insane!

Chapman that did the spoon bottom in the Lotus (or was it Brabham) did he not? I also have vague a recollection of reading about a Formula 1 car or at least a prototype that basically had a big fan underneath sucking the car to the ground, then again I may have made this up with an over-active childhood imagination.

Nope, you're right.

In the days of "ground effects" and "skirts" in the 80's I think.

• 2 weeks later...