Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how much influence Dennis has on team affairs nowadays. He seems to have always had his blue eyed boy out of the two drivers and no doubt in this instance it would be Hamilton. Maybe under the new regime both will be given a fair crack, although I suppose that will only be until one asserts their dominance and I don't think there is any denying Hamilton is faster.

Who is to say that Mercedes wanted him at "Brawn" anyway? They will still be very keen to have an all German line-up no matter what they may say publically and aside from that, there are enough doubts about the competitiveness off next years motor at Brawn.

Don't think it's a bad move at all for Button, he's getting twice his wages (still very cheap for a world champ though) and driving a potentially much better car at a team, however it is set up, evidently wanted him.

I think he'll get his arse felt for him but he's earned a shot at a "big team".

• 3 months later...

Should be a great season ahead. 4 World Champions in the top 8, and a pair of rising stars ahead of them all in pole and second. Really excited about it. I'm not sure the fuel rule is going to make much difference tbh, in my eyes it's just another rule change to keep the sport fresh and keep everyone on their toes.

In the DT "Who's gonna be World Champion" Sweeper, I call Massa.

Should be a great season ahead. 4 World Champions in the top 8, and a pair of rising stars ahead of them all in pole and second. Really excited about it. I'm not sure the fuel rule is going to make much difference tbh, in my eyes it's just another rule change to keep the sport fresh and keep everyone on their toes.

In the DT "Who's gonna be World Champion" Sweeper, I call Massa.

I don't know, I think it will be a significant influence. But either way, roll on the season :)

I'm going to call for Hamilton, though I think Vettel will have a very strong season.

Alonso is a funny one, he's with a good team this year but I still wonder if he'll be his stroppy self when Massa smacks him. Anyone just see the interview between Hamilton and Button? Hamilton had some interesting answers, but at least he was honest to say he hadn't experienced the ultimate team mate yet rather than bullshitting an answer and saying Button was. Roll on the GP today :D

• 2 weeks later...