Formula One

manc_don

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't believe Vettel managed to pip Hamilton at the death of Q3 yesterday (well I can but still). Hopefully Button will be able to have a good race, just want someone, anyone (but Webber or Alonso) to beat Vettel. The times were promising yesterday, so hopefully it's an indicator that McClarren will be able to compete this weekend.

Can't believe Vettel managed to pip Hamilton at the death of Q3 yesterday (well I can but still). Hopefully Button will be able to have a good race, just want someone, anyone (but Webber or Alonso) to beat Vettel. The times were promising yesterday, so hopefully it's an indicator that McClarren will be able to compete this weekend.

Vettel effectively oot second corner so your wish came true

Vettel effectively oot second corner so your wish came true

Well, nearly. I wanted Button to win but it was a decent race. Very well driven by Hamilton and the battle for 3rd between Button/Massa/Webber was quite interesting. Just nice to see some others on the podium for a change!  :thumbsup:

A friend of mine was taken out on a yacht yesterday for the qualification by a product supplier! Was moored right opposite the Yas hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Gutted about Brundle joining Sky, wonder who the Beeb will turn to now.  Ben Edwards would be good IMHO.

I see Sky are launching a new channel for this:

BSkyB is to launch a new sports channel devoted entirely to Formula One motor racing and will use it to drive takeup of high definition television.

Sky Sports F1 HD will be the satellite broadcaster's first channel devoted to a single sport. Sky bagged UK TV rights to Formula One for the first time earlier this year in a joint deal with the BBC, which previously had exclusive coverage of the sport.

The channel, which will broadcast for all of the nine-month F1 season from next year, will be available to subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2, and to non-sports customers who subscribe to its HD services. Sky Sports subscribers without HD will receive a standard definition version.

Sky Sports F1 HD will broadcast between March and November and feature live coverage of all practice and qualifying sessions and every race in the calender.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone else disappointed with Sky's coverage?

They seem to have WAY too many people involved.  And David Croft has been quite poor.

I'm sticking with the Beeb for all their live races.

Watched the qualifiers on it, and I was very unimpressed. Too much fluff and don't actually talk about anything.

The BBC on the other hand as has been said has been very professional and i've thoroughly enjoyed it. They even made the Bahrain race look good ;)