Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

Didn't see it live as i'd foolishly agreed to travel to the weeg and waste some time down there....  :gonk:

As i've said above i'm not a fan of either HAM or ROS but if i'd been HAM i'd have been trying to pull that stunt 4 races ago when it became clear he needed snookers. He was bound to get a result eventually. Saying that the Merc hierarchy would have probably pulled him out if he'd kept it up.

The Beeb are being a bit bairny suggesting ROS isn't a worthy champion, he's maybe not the best but he's obviously earned it!

Looking forward to next season... i think.

It's terrible the Beeb are playing the undeserved champion card just because Hamilton lost, not surprising though. He'll slip back into this bitter wee kid routine as per the later spell at mclaren until things go his way again  (See pulling out of the Pirelli test through "illness").

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So big changes have been made ahead of this season, which will hopefully see a return of some more excitement after the final bernie years. Could Vettel see a return to form given the cars favour more down force this season? Looking forward to it anyway, hopefully Ferrari will live up to their pre-season promise and be competitive.

So big changes have been made ahead of this season, which will hopefully see a return of some more excitement after the final bernie years. Could Vettel see a return to form given the cars favour more down force this season? Looking forward to it anyway, hopefully Ferrari will live up to their pre-season promise and be competitive.

Really can't wait for the new season to kick off, going on the pre season testing the cars are significantly quicker too  :thumbsup:

Really hope Ferraris good testing form isn't a red herring as having genuine competition this year is a must. Same goes for red bull (although they've not looked as quick...).

Really can't wait for the new season to kick off, going on the pre season testing the cars are significantly quicker too  :thumbsup:

Really hope Ferraris good testing form isn't a red herring as having genuine competition this year is a must. Same goes for red bull (although they've not looked as quick...).

Didn't they recently lose one of their technical team to McLaren? Hopefully it doesn't impact their development over the course, but would love to see them hit the ground running.

Didn't they recently lose one of their technical team to McLaren? Hopefully it doesn't impact their development over the course, but would love to see them hit the ground running.

Ferrari? Or Mercedes?

Ferrari had James Allison heading up the concept design for their new car but he's since joined Mercedes.

Not sure about Mercedes... seem to remember they lost a couple of people too.

General thought from the BBC/ sky sports reporters are thay Ferrari tend to run light on fuel during testing where Mercedes does the opposite so it may not be as close as it looks... guess we'll find out this weekend though. A return to form for Ferrari would be good  :thumbsup: (if it means Hamilton doesn't win it's even better)

Ferrari? Or Mercedes?

Ferrari had James Allison heading up the concept design for their new car but he's since joined Mercedes.

Not sure about Mercedes... seem to remember they lost a couple of people too.

General thought from the BBC/ sky sports reporters are thay Ferrari tend to run light on fuel during testing where Mercedes does the opposite so it may not be as close as it looks... guess we'll find out this weekend though. A return to form for Ferrari would be good  :thumbsup: (if it means Hamilton doesn't win it's even better)

I'll try find where I read it    :thumbsup:

General thought from the BBC/ sky sports reporters are thay Ferrari tend to run light on fuel during testing where Mercedes does the opposite so it may not be as close as it looks... guess we'll find out this weekend though. A return to form for Ferrari would be good  :thumbsup:(if it means Hamilton doesn't win it's even better)

Couldn't agree more ED. Love F1 but Hamilton is defo one of the 'villains' in my eyes.

I also agree about the Mercs under playing their hand during testing. Obviously no one wants to show too much but i'll be amazed if the Mercs aren't on top.

For me the biggest disappointment looks to be that Fernando Alonso will be driving a bag of shite again! The sport is defo not at it's peak when he's not driving a top car, but hey ho.

It'll be operation 'avoid all news sources' on Sunday until i can get the time to watch the recording of the race. Vroom vroom.  :spaz:

Couldn't agree more ED. Love F1 but Hamilton is defo one of the 'villains' in my eyes.

I also agree about the Mercs under playing their hand during testing. Obviously no one wants to show too much but i'll be amazed if the Mercs aren't on top.

For me the biggest disappointment looks to be that Fernando Alonso will be driving a bag of shite again! The sport is defo not at it's peak when he's not driving a top car, but hey ho.

It'll be operation 'avoid all news sources' on Sunday until i can get the time to watch the recording of the race. Vroom vroom.  :spaz:

Aye I suspect the mercs are still in front, hopefully it's much closer though!

Totally agree about Alonso too, shame he's in such an awful car as he's probably still up there with the very quickest. Looks like the Honda engine is still a bag of shite though

Aye I suspect the mercs are still in front, hopefully it's much closer though!

Totally agree about Alonso too, shame he's in such an awful car as he's probably still up there with the very quickest. Looks like the Honda engine is still a bag of shite though

After being fastest in the morning, Vettel is second on the grid following Hamilton's impressive final qualifier.  I'm not holding much hope for competition tomorrow.  I think the only way we'll see it is if Hamilton has a series of engine failures over the course of the season to allow others (hopefully Vettel although I don't really like him either) catch up.

After being fastest in the morning, Vettel is second on the grid following Hamilton's impressive final qualifier.  I'm not holding much hope for competition tomorrow.  I think the only way we'll see it is if Hamilton has a series of engine failures over the course of the season to allow others (hopefully Vettel although I don't really like him either) catch up.

I guess we'll see, Ferrari have struggled in qualifying for the last few years but shown good race pace... maybe qualifying so well will mean they're at least there or thereabouts during the race.

Definitely not the most interesting of races but then these temporary street circuits rarely are.

Although the Ferrari won i still think it was more a case of the Mercs losing it. Not sure what HAMs issue was with his tyres but his whinging caused his team to drag him in for new tyres which basically fucked his chance of the win due to track position when he came back out.

I may be wrong but it seemed like Bottas was told to back off when he got close to the back of HAM.... i really hope this isn't going to be an issue. For once i like one of the drivers in a top team so want to see BOT being allowed to challenge.

On to the Chinese in 2 weeks... hoping for better.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a massive race, one of the big three, and McLaren are pish, so he's losing nothing. I imagine McLaren have let him race as an apology.

Seems McLaren have already basically admitted it's a move to appease an unhappy Alonso, rumour has it he'll be allowed to race in Le Mans too, again under the McLaren banner.

Valtteri Bottas on pole for todays race in Bahrain.  :thumbsup:

If he can get off the line well and prevent Hamilton driving off then it could make for a very interesting race.

Don't particularly like the Bahrain race with it being under floodlights but i'm looking forward to this one now.

Valtteri Bottas on pole for todays race in Bahrain.  :thumbsup:

If he can get off the line well and prevent Hamilton driving off then it could make for a very interesting race.

Don't particularly like the Bahrain race with it being under floodlights but i'm looking forward to this one now.

Bahrain is one of my least favourite races, for a multitude of reasons.  I'll watch it if it's on in the background but won't go out of my way. Wish they'd remove the race from that shyster of an area.