Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

Just hope he doesn't get penalised for the incident with Hamilton, as it looked like he simply didn't see him.

EDIT: Is it the Alonso incident they're investigating?  If so, I don't think he's got any worries there.

It was nice to hear they had spoken and it seemed like there was genuine understanding. With the amount of spray coming off the track, I'm not surprised Button didn't see him. With the Alonso incident, I can't see much wrong there and on the plus side, it completely fucked Alonso's race up. Always a bonus  :thumbsup:

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure about the Alonso incident?

From what I seen Button went straight into the side of Alonso, 100% Buttons fault.

I wouldn't hold it against him though- still deserves his win.

Just wish Shumy had made the podium- he's a joy to watch in the rain. His double overtake was a joy to behold.

• 5 weeks later...

Cracking race again on the weekend, just a shame that the Red Bulls finished so high up the ranks. I wonder whether Mark Webber will stay at Red Bull next season.

Anyway, hoepfully this will be good news:

1540: FORMULA 1 - Tuesday's top F1 stories: The chairman of the cancelled Bahrain Grand Prix, Zayed Alzayani, says he does not know if the race will be back on the calendar in 2012, report the Evening Standard.

• 3 weeks later...

At a time when people are not too keen in spending any money on anything to do with Murdoch, Sky Sports end up with the F1 coverage!  :hammer:

Viewing figures will plummet for the Sky-only races.  Wonder if they will manage to keep the races ad free, which were a disaster for ITV.

Terrible stuff, all because the BBC have to cut costs.

Fucking moany bastards (not you lot), this is what happens when people tell the BBC to cut costs. It's a real shame, I , like many others was loving the F1 being back on the BBC. I wonder if they'll manage to keep the whole F1 team at the BBC? Bernie Eccleston, hang your head in shame.

Fucking moany bastards (not you lot), this is what happens when people tell the BBC to cut costs.

Exactly.  It's a real shame.

I wonder if they'll manage to keep the whole F1 team at the BBC?

Sky can help themselves to Eddie Jordan if they want but hopefully the BBC can keep the rest, especially Brundle!

EDIT: Brundle on Twitter: "BBC/Sky/F1 2012+. Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options Not impressed"

For those that are moaning - pay for Sky TV. That is all.

I actually do have Sky TV, but am still disappointed its going to Sky. I only have SS1 and knowing my luck, it will be on one of the other channels. The argument people are making is, that BBC had provided a quality programme format. Sky will not be able to do the same. F1 should be on free to air tv.  :haterangers:

Some guy on 5Live this morning was suggesting (and promoting) the idea that within 10 years no sport will be on the BBC.  He said the Licence fee should be spent on good Drama, Documentaries and the like rather than sport.  He also suggested that Sport was just too great a cost for a public service broadcaster and that a lot of it was only of interest to a small minority (although surely the BBC should be about much more than mass popular entertainment otherwise it's just a race to the bottom....or The Only Way is Essex as it's known).

I wonder how true that is but it increasingly seems the BBC will only be showing the reserved events (Cup finals etc) and real minority sports like bowels and swimming (which has been excellent this week btw, although Team GB will be hoping for a lot better in 12months).

Alternatively would they ever have a BBC Sport channel with a top up fee or your Licence Fee? Or would that really be the end of the BBC?

I wonder how true that is but it increasingly seems the BBC will only be showing the reserved events (Cup finals etc) and real minority sports like bowels and swimming (which has been excellent this week btw, although Team GB will be hoping for a lot better in 12months).

I've got a gut feeling you're wrong.

I was reading that not only the fans, but the teams are furious as this will mean they get no extra funding but will lose out on advertising revenue.

As with most BBC sports coverage, the F1 is excellent.

As for getting SKY, I can't as I live in a listed building, so can't put a dish on it. Smart.

Some guy on 5Live this morning was suggesting (and promoting) the idea that within 10 years no sport will be on the BBC.  He said the Licence fee should be spent on good Drama, Documentaries and the like rather than sport.  He also suggested that Sport was just too great a cost for a public service broadcaster and that a lot of it was only of interest to a small minority (although surely the BBC should be about much more than mass popular entertainment otherwise it's just a race to the bottom....or The Only Way is Essex as it's known).

Can't see it, the BBC is supposed to appeal to a broad range of interests, and they couldn't possibly ditch all sport.

F1 gets anything from 6M to 10M viewers, which is clearly in the BBC's remit of appealing to a greater audience.

I see Bernie is now saying the races that are not live on BBC will be shown "as live" on the BBC later in the day.  Sounds like a climb down.

I was reading that not only the fans, but the teams are furious as this will mean they get no extra funding but will lose out on advertising revenue.

As with most BBC sports coverage, the F1 is excellent.

As for getting SKY, I can't as I live in a listed building, so can't put a dish on it. Smart.

Get Virgin Media and get yourself a Tivo Box  :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Fuck all to do with F1 but there's just been a horrendous 15 car pile up in the Indy Las Vegas with three cars going airborne.  Britain's Dan Wheldon seemingly badly injured and airlifted to hospital.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neFX1oGq4Ss

And because of the crash, Dario has won his 4th Indy Car title, but not the greatest way to do it.