Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

I'm not a huge fan of Vettel but I'm not sure I fully understand the vitriol he is getting.

F1 is supposed to be a race, and he's probably as fed up of team orders as the majority of us fans are!

Farcical decision by Red Bull IMHO to initiate team orders in the second race of the season FFS fuck's sake!

Aye, fair play to him but I actually felt for Rosberg more.  Hamilton showed a lot of humility and clearly felt guilty about it (rightly so imo) but it was vey harsh on Rosberg.  Still dislike Vettel immensely.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought Webber was going to lamp Vettel when he came into the weigh in room in the paddock.  Vettel is a cracking driver but a grade A tosser, that overtake attempt down the pit straight was just lunacy.  A couple of millimetres either way and both cars were out of the GP. The drivers championship might be where the glory is but the constructors is where the money's at, you can't blame Horner and Newey for trying to protect their maximum points position.  Webber deserves credit for not losing his head and trying to take 1st back regardless of how good it would have been to watch.

As for Hamilton and Rosberg I can't help but think that Ross Braun made the call on the grounds that Hamilton is more likely to put a title challenge in.  I tell you what though, Hamilton has gone up in my estimation hugely the past 6 months.  I was really rooting for him when it became clear Raikkonen was out of the running.

I'm not a huge fan of Vettel but I'm not sure I fully understand the vitriol he is getting.

F1 is supposed to be a race, and he's probably as fed up of team orders as the majority of us fans are!

Farcical decision by Red Bull IMHO to initiate team orders in the second race of the season FFS fuck's sake!

I think it's probably because he stitched his team mate up completely. When Vettel was on the radio complaining about Webber being too slow he was actually 3-4 seconds ahead and putting in slightly quicker lap times than Vettel, made me think Vettel was only planting the seed for later in the race to demand he was let through.

Webber could have raced him had he not listened to his team, conserved his tyres and turned his engine down.

Thought Vettel was a total wank with how he went about things.

• 3 months later...

You think? Lucky no-one wasn't seriously injured or worse.

Absolutely, it was great entertainment!  Tyres blowing out is not ideal, obviously, but to say serious injury was genuine threat is going waaaaaaaaaaaay over top IMO.  F1 cars are so tough now, safety is the top priority.  Eg the kubica crash of 2007 http://www.streetfire.net/video/canadian-grand-prix-robert-kubica-horror-crash-wh_120993.htm

all he suffered was a slight concussion and sprained ankle. 

• 4 months later...

What a terrible season.  I used to watch all the races religiously but it's a total borefest now.  I feel a bit sorry for Vettel, he has the best car so I don't see why he should be boo'd if he's making the best use of the car.

Don't know how they can improve it as a spectacle though.

What a terrible season.  I used to watch all the races religiously but it's a total borefest now.  I feel a bit sorry for Vettel, he has the best car so I don't see why he should be boo'd if he's making the best use of the car.

Don't know how they can improve it as a spectacle though.

Completely agree, I thought the season started off well enough but it's just got so bland.  Bringing back re-fuelling for start might help but it just seems like Red bull are untouchable at the moment.

To be honest, I'd forgotten that there was even a race on until late last night!

• 1 month later...
Michael Schumacher, the seven-time Formula 1 champion, is "fighting for his life" after a ski accident in the French Alps, his doctors say.

The driver remains in a critical condition in hospital in Grenoble with head injuries suffered on Sunday morning at the resort of Meribel.

"We cannot tell you what the outcome will be yet," the team treating him told a news conference on Monday morning.

His family are at his bedside.

Schumacher underwent surgery on arrival at the University Hospital in Grenoble.

He remains in a coma and the medical team treating him said that they are working "hour by hour".

"All we can do is wait," they added.

• 11 months later...

I used to hate Hamilton but he's really grown on me as he's got older.  He's some racer too. My favourite driver is Kimi though, he da man! Glad button has got a seat for next season, comes across as a lovely bloke

He's definitely not as dislikeable as he used to be.  I was pleased he won the championship this season.  It's hard to dislike the rock star that Kimi is, lives his life how I would expect an F1 driver to!  8)