Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 1-1 draw away from home, against a hugely experienced team who still have a chance of promotion to the spl, in a cup quarter final where 'underdogs' so often raise their game, is not a bad result at all.

The word 'Aberdeen' was pulled out the bowl in yesterdays semi-final draw, whilst names like 'Celtic', 'Dundee Utd', 'Hearts', and 'Hibs' were noticeably absent.  Dunfermline were always going to provide difficult, up-for-it opposition.  We can take them back to Pittodrie and finish the job.  

It always amazes me that people are so outraged when results don't go our way, this is a sport where shock results happen week in, week out.  This divine right to win attitude is one I expect from fans of the old firm, but I'm always disappointed to hear it from Aberdeen supporters.  That's not a losers mentality, just a touch of realism.  Awsome highs, devastating lows.  Saturdays result comes somewhere in between.

A 1-1 draw away from home, against a hugely experienced team who still have a chance of promotion to the spl, in a cup quarter final where 'underdogs' so often raise their game, is not a bad result at all.

Their home form this season is shite, their away form is excellent. Should and could have killed that game off on Saturday.

The word 'Aberdeen' was pulled out the bowl in yesterdays semi-final draw, whilst names like 'Celtic', 'Dundee Utd', 'Hearts', and 'Hibs' were noticeably absent.  Dunfermline were always going to provide difficult, up-for-it opposition.  We can take them back to Pittodrie and finish the job.  

It always amazes me that people are so outraged when results don't go our way, this is a sport where shock results happen week in, week out.  This divine right to win attitude is one I expect from fans of the old firm, but I'm always disappointed to hear it from Aberdeen supporters.  That's not a losers mentality, just a touch of realism.  Awsome highs, devastating lows.  Saturdays result comes somewhere in between.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, I still felt that we should have won the game on Saturday. I do not have this "we have a devine right to beat lower league opposition etc...." but I just felt our team should have had the bottle and desire to preserve if not build upon the one goal advantage. But as you say, lower league teams are always going to be stubborn opposition for any SPL team and its no surprise that they gave us a tough game, I just wonder how much of it was brought upon ourselves. Anyway, we're still in the cup and hopefully we'll see ourselves in the semi and then the final against most probably, the orcs.  :thumbsup:

Sky Sports are listing a Scottish Cup replay (TBA) on Wednesday 18th, so I guess the replay could well be on the Wednesday night now?

Fingers crossed!

I'm going to see Ross Noble on the Tuesday.

But i've missed every other cup game this season, so what's one more between friends?

Somebody told me we were dressing up as Alvin Stardust for the day ok.

:lolabove:

Mind them photos getting taken at start of game and wondered where abouts they would be published if indeed they ever saw the light of day. Managed to just sneak into the third one 8)

I think I was sitting next to that "nobend" and the guy with the strange sideburns on the train back from Paisley last week. Got to say, you grew those sideburns really quickly...

BB you need to be more careful about the company you keep mate ;)