Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

Ah classic Aberdeen - Im on the Scotrail website to get my train tickets down to hampden and they equalise :hammer: Ah well should get the job done at Pittodrie. Not particularly 100% by the result as like I said we should get the job done up here.

Also the Celtic result has kept me in a positive mood, one of the benefits of the majority of your mates being Tattie Munchers. Mocking them with stuff such as - "thats 2 years on the trot you've gone out in the 1/4 finals", "We are in the draw tomorrow, are you?" and "Treble hahahahaha!!!". At least one of them(who said that their main priority was the diddy cup) was hoping we went through as he sees us as the only team that could possibly stop the dark side

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think drawing with a shite team like dunfermline is good stuff, I dont even know what to say to that! That is not good enough in my eyes and goign on the reaction on every fan I saw post game I would say they agree with me.

I will quote to you one of the Australian guys we had with us today

They probably like rugby, cricket and Aussie Rules Football, fuck them :thumbsup:

Aluko on the left, young on the right, Smith and Wright up front?

I'm presuming Duff will be at right back... after JC saying when he signed he wouldn't play him there as United used him there and it clearly wasn't his position.

Unfortunately, you were spot on BB, 20 minutes before kick off!

The tombola threw out a strange starting 11, so no surprise really it has gone to a rollover replay.

1-1 was a fair result in the end, although we should have used the first period in the second half to bury the tie.

Kerr, although he looks like a runt and needs a haircut deserves another deal, I worry for our midfield if he ever picks up an injury.

Aluko was excellent although could play earlier ball on occasion.

Missing the attacking Mulgrew and would prefer him at left mid - thought the comments about him concentrating on defensive duties have affected him.

Hard to forgive Foster for the random header that led to their goal, but he was only on the park 4 minutes and in that time the defense changed from 4 to 3 at the back.

For folk querying why Considine came on, it was to allow us to go 3-5-2 with Duff and Mulgrew pushing on as wing backs..the usual gung ho type effort from calderwood.

Great atmosphere today, and a solid bounce for Sone's goal.

Welcome back Jamie Smith, lets hope we leave you wondering on a new deal to get performances like that until the end of the season.

They probably like rugby, cricket and Aussie Rules Football, fuck them :thumbsup:

... and wearing speedos, drinking Bundaberg lemon-lime-bitters, and referring to cookies as Afghans.

Not to mention referring to football as "sokkah", cos "footy" is already reserved for both Aussie Rules AND Rugby League (wtf??)

Nae doubt there will be calls on other minor AFC sites calling for a public lynching of JC,JN,SC,SM,WM, Foster, Duff, Mackie and any "fraudulent" AFC supporter who isn't firmly in the JIG camp

Al min, did you really mean that ?    ;D

From the commentary, it sounded like we played some good football in the second half, should have done enough to win it on the day. I have no fears we'll get past them in the replay.

I certainly value the opinion of TF, BiGal and the redTV commentary team higher than that of a pished up bizer and an Aussie who knows fuck all about football.

We may have had the ball in the second half but there was no product from it. Looking at the stats the possession overall was 50:50 and we had five shot on target to their four, but Langfield was the keeper having to make the good saves.

If we cant go to East End and beat the team with the worst record in the First division, who have also not been playing well recently and not come away winning - that is not good enough.

As for the Australian he does knows quite a bit of football, but even if he didnt he was right the product on display was shit as we had only a couole of shots on target. We also had a French boy with us who didnt think it was great, but he only used to have a season ticket at Nice so he wont know anything about football as he eats garlic!

I thought we played better than we did on Tuesday and I actually thought we played some good football in the second half. It royally fucked me off that we let the lead go, but you just knew unless we got that vital second goal, something like that was going to happen. It is Aberdeen afterall. Great atmosphere, did anyone who wasn't sitting in the east stand get a photo of the display? I'm not overly confident we'll pump them at Pittodrie, but we should have enough to see them off. I hope at least. Great finish from Aluko as well!

Finally, welcome back Jamie Smith, by fuck was it obvious that we've been missing him! I thought him and Aluko were playing well together, I just wished he'd shot rather than pass out wide on a few occassions. Still though, great to see him playing from the start!

We may have had the ball in the second half but there was no product from it. Looking at the stats the possession overall was 50:50 and we had five shot on target to their four, but Langfield was the keeper having to make the good saves.

If we cant go to East End and beat the team with the worst record in the First division, who have also not been playing well recently and not come away winning - that is not good enough.

As for the Australian he does knows quite a bit of football, but even if he didnt he was right the product on display was shit as we had only a couole of shots on target. We also had a French boy with us who didnt think it was great, but he only used to have a season ticket at Nice so he wont know anything about football as he eats garlic!

Our problem is our lack of guts when it comes to shooting from outside the area. We only seem to want to score from 6 yards out now. Aluko was the only player to really have a decent crack from distance, and there you have it - GOAL.

Our problem is our lack of guts when it comes to shooting from outside the area. We only seem to want to score from 6 yards out now. Aluko was the only player to really have a decent crack from distance, and there you have it - GOAL.

Exactly, it was the same problem on Tuesday and that was us playing against a keeper who had shipped seven goals a few days before. Paul Gallagher is a better keeper than Chris Smith but why were the players not taking a shot from outside the box as we had plenty of possession around there.

Exactly, it was the same problem on Tuesday and that was us playing against a keeper who had shipped seven goals a few days before. Paul Gallagher is a better keeper than Chris Smith but why were the players not taking a shot from outside the box as we had plenty of possession around there.

Agree with you on that point Mizer.

On Tuesday night I was fucking raging about our lack of shooting on sight of goal against a keeper coming off the back of an absolute howler at the Tattie Bowl and on a pitch where the ball was going to skid all o'er the place

Agree with you on that point Mizer.

On Tuesday night I was fucking raging about our lack of shooting on sight of goal against a keeper coming off the back of an absolute howler at the Tattie Bowl and on a pitch where the ball was going to skid all o'er the place

Im not the biggest fan of McDonald, but if we had had him on the pitch in the last few games he would have been busting through and taking shots which could have well seen us still in with a chance of getting third and in the semi-final.

Appreciate Smith is just coming back from long term injury again, and whilst overall thought he played alright, got to say that some of the corners he took in th second half were absolutely woeful

If it was a competition for finding their first defender, Smith would have been world champion  :thumbsup:

I have no idea why some people even bother going. When a team plays some good fitba and get slated for it, some folk are taking a little too much time and enjoyment tearing up the team and their performance yesterday. Grow the fuck up!

We didnt play good football yesterday min! Name the excellent bits of play that happened outwith Alukos goal.