🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45-65 minutes we were excellent.

Their manager said so as well.

Not that his opinion can stand up to yours.

Excellent is pumping celtic 4-2, playing better that a first division team is what we should be doing. If we had been forcing Gallagher to make excellent saves I could agree that we were playing well but we weren't.

you didn't think there was good passing and movement?

No positives at all from the game?

Fuck me... I thought for those who work Monday to Friday that weekends were supposed to be for winding down and relaxing.

We were better than we were on Tuesday and there was good passing about in midfield and good runs by Smith and Sone, but they are mince! We should have been through and not having to think about a replay. The team has to function as a whole for us to be good it cant just be a part of it. I don't often agree with Calderwood but his quote on the BBC that yesterday "a draw was a fair result" is spot on. We didn't do enough to win that game comfortably and at one goal up anything can happen. I am also hoping that Calderwood is right in his secdond part of the statement and that we can go on and beat them at home.

I thought we played some good stuff in the second half.

I lasted the whole game so it can't have been that bad.

Aluko was good but I thought he was maybe trying to do too much up front, is that a criticism? nae sure.

Wasn't too impressed by Wright.

Smith played well and good to see him last the game - although was it him that didn't clear the first defender with a couple of corners?

Thought Mackie did okay when he came on.

Some good saves from Langfield.

Aberdeen were unlucky not to go a goal up sooner when their keeper while saving let the ball go a wee bit over the line.

There was some dreadful passing but also some good moves.

Highs and lows, peaks and troughs - same as usual.

We'll beat them in the (money-spinning) replay.

I think you see it the same way as I do. See him waltz past a couple of players, gets you on your feet, but then he loses all momentum by stopping and taking the guy on again, or making the wrong pass. I'd say it is criticism but only because your hoping for a little bit better, not picking on him Mackie/Foster style.

Jimmy Calderwood was embroiled in a touchline shoving match with Dunfermline's Stephen Glass on Saturday as Aberdeen scraped a cup replay at East End Park. (Sunday Mail)

Anyone see this? What was that all about?

As has already been said, presumably you won't be heading to the Semi mizer, should we get there? I can't imagine you would want to torture yourself any further.

I think it was towards the end, well the did appear to be some sort of arguement near the end but due to the fact that it was at the other side of the pitch i couldnt see exactly what. I know that clears it all up now. ;):hammer:

With regards to the game the Dons were flying in the first 20 minutes of the second half. Lovely passing and movement and looked like they were really up for it. Unfortunatly they were lacking in the final third. I thought Aluko was superb, fair enough with the comments already posted but bear in mind the is still a very young lad and is still learning, a couple of more seasons playing like he did yesterday and some of the big clubs doon sooth will be looking to take him. Smith i thought was brilliant as well and it was great to see him back to the form we know he can produce. :thumbsup: Wright was utter pish and just seemed to want to kill people and run into them all day and very litte else.

Its just a shame we couldnt finish them off, the substitution killed it IMO and we seemed to loose it a bit and you could see the equalizer coming. Great day oot and good effort by the Globes in demolishing 168 bottles of booze in the pub before the game! :thumbsup:

Between 60?

;D

As has already been said, presumably you won't be heading to the Semi mizer, should we get there? I can't imagine you would want to torture yourself any further.

I'm hoping that the team that turned up against celtic resurfaces once again. Sorry for thinking we should have beaten a first division team but our team has the capability to play great football but it was not on show yesterday.

I thought we played some good stuff in the second half.

I lasted the whole game so it can't have been that bad.

Aluko was good but I thought he was maybe trying to do too much up front, is that a criticism? nae sure.

Wasn't too impressed by Wright.

Smith played well and good to see him last the game - although was it him that didn't clear the first defender with a couple of corners?

Thought Mackie did okay when he came on.

Some good saves from Langfield.

Aberdeen were unlucky not to go a goal up sooner when their keeper while saving let the ball go a wee bit over the line.

There was some dreadful passing but also some good moves.

Highs and lows, peaks and troughs - same as usual.

We'll beat them in the (money-spinning) replay.

I'm in shock!  :thumbsup:

Agree with remainder of your post, although not 100% convinced we will beat them in the replay

I have no idea why some people even bother going. When a team plays some good fitba and get slated for it, some folk are taking a little too much time and enjoyment tearing up the team and their performance yesterday. Grow the fuck up!

Good football produces shots on target and goals not a draw against a first division side with the worst home record in the division. But what the fuck eh why should folk be unhappy we should celebrate being mediocre pish.

My nephew told me Jimmy was pushing a Dunfermline player, but it was over by the time I looked.

No idea why it happened though

Apparantly Glass and Jimmy had a scuffle on the sidelines as both were trying to get to the ball!!

A question to the lads (and lassies) who were at the game yesterday, was there a lot of booing at Half Time and Full Time from our "supporters"?   A thread on Mad certainly suggests there was, disappointing to read I have to say if true.

Yep, it was from our end. Personally I refuse to do that, it's the domain of the arsehole.

dissapointed with the draw against lower league team and fed up with the losers mentality within the club and some of the fan base............but could be worse we could be out.

Get through the replay sneak the semi which will be tough and who knows if jimmy can keep his head out of his arse - we have shot, probably our best shot since 1995.

But then again after the semi last year i refuse to get myself to worked up.

Take each game as it comes and do what we do best (attack teams and stop sitting in) and im sure we can do it.

Will be a true test of our managers abilty and how much faith he has in the team.

There is no "losers mentality" in the fan base. That's AFC_Chat "Jimmy is God" propaganda.  I also very much doubt there is one within the club either.

There is realism (mostly based on the financial climate) and a yearning for steady progress.

Any psychological analysis regarding fans mentality is all in your heid, nae everyone else's.

You are right though, this is our best shot in years - COME ON YOU REDS!

:ultras:

Think we will have to agree to dissagree on this one then, winners go all out for a win in every game, just now its like, well we would like to win i guess but im happy with a draw if it means not getting beat, which is fair enough but if you check the results over the course of the season there have been some shockers and lets be honest not like its been one off results either.

I would also like to point out that we arnt making progress.......in fact quite the opposite, agreed we did make good progress from where we were say 5 years ago when we were the manager at the time was forced to make massive cuts in the budget. But after the money that has been thrown at the team and the current opperating budget there isnt much to show between us and motherwell in the league.

I'll get the open top bus booked and cancel the taxi..................... :thumbsup:

Think we will have to agree to dissagree on this one then, winners go all out for a win in every game, just now its like, well we would like to win i guess but im happy with a draw if it means not getting beat, which is fair enough but if you check the results over the course of the season there have been some shockers and lets be honest not like its been one off results either.

I would also like to point out that we arnt making progress.......in fact quite the opposite, agreed we did make good progress from where we were say 5 years ago when we were the manager at the time was forced to make massive cuts in the budget. But after the money that has been thrown at the team and the current opperating budget there isnt much to show between us and motherwell in the league.

I'll get the open top bus booked and cancel the taxi..................... :thumbsup:

I remember Aberdeen playing for a 0-0 against Bayern Munich in the Olympic Staduim in 1983. Real backs to the wall stuff. One example of many, many I could come up with that shows even the best football teams don't play to win every time. Didn't your beloved United put up the shutters against Barcelona away last year.

Money thrown at the team.  :lolabove: If I thought you kent fit hyperbole was (not ten pin  :thumbsup:) I'd have thought you were taking the piss.

The budget thing isn't as clear cut as you make it ou, if it was then you shopuld never expect to finish higher than 4th. If you did then that would just be hypocritical...

I remember Aberdeen playing for a 0-0 against Bayern Munich in the Olympic Staduim in 1983. Real backs to the wall stuff. One example of many, many I could come up with that shows even the best football teams don't play to win every time. Didn't your beloved United put up the shutters against Barcelona away last year.

Money thrown at the team.  :lolabove: If I thought you kent fit hyperbole was (not ten pin  :thumbsup:) I'd have thought you were taking the piss.

The budget thing isn't as clear cut as you make it ou, if it was then you shopuld never expect to finish higher than 4th. If you did then that would just be hypocritical...

Sorry are you comparing drawing 0-0 with Bayern Muncih away from home with sitting in trying to defend a 1-0 nil lead against a 1st division side?