Aberdeen 3-6 Dunfermline Athletic 25-02-1961

Aberdeen 4-0 Dunfermline Athletic 20-03-1963

Dunfermline Athletic 2-1 Aberdeen 17-02-1968

Aberdeen 2-2 Dunfermline Athletic 25-02-1969

Dunfermline Athletic 0-2 Aberdeen 26-02-1969

Dunfermline Athletic 0-1 Aberdeen 29-01-1977

Dunfermline Athletic 0-0 Aberdeen 28-01-1989

Aberdeen 3-1 Dunfermline Athletic 01-02-1989

Last game in the cup was a third round replay, in front of 21500 :o at Pittodrie. 

Goals from Nicholas and Wright (2)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last game in the cup was a third round replay, in front of 21500 :o at Pittodrie. 

they absolutely murdered us in the first game, Snelders was outstanding (one save in particular touching it on to the post from point blank range - check YouTube).  We were lucky to an extent to get them back to Pittodrie.

Replay the very next day?

And theres St Mirren (and indeed us a couple of seasons back)  moaning about 2 games in the space of 3 days

It was '69 dude. The players will have been high on LSD and well able to do superhuman shit for a banging 19 hours.

Guest swaddon

Cup Record

Aberdeen 5

Dunfermline 2

Draw 2

Aberdeen 3-0 Dunfermline Athletic 27-01-1906

Aberdeen 3-6 Dunfermline Athletic 25-02-1961

Aberdeen 4-0 Dunfermline Athletic 20-03-1963

Dunfermline Athletic 2-1 Aberdeen 17-02-1968

Aberdeen 2-2 Dunfermline Athletic 25-02-1969

Dunfermline Athletic 0-2 Aberdeen 26-02-1969

Dunfermline Athletic 0-1 Aberdeen 29-01-1977

I mind that last game at Pittodrie; me and my family travelled from Pitmedden to see the game only to be told it had sold out, so we just walked around outside Pittodrie for a bit then went home, but before we did, we heard a huge roar which was for the first goal which was scored early on.

It's scary to see that was 20 years ago, though. :o

Guest swaddon

Replay the very next day?

And theres St Mirren (and indeed us a couple of seasons back)  moaning about 2 games in the space of 3 days

In the early 80s, we once played four games in 8 days near the end of the season, and won most of them, if not all of them.

In the early 80s, Doug Rougvie had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before he went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when he got home, his Dad and mother would kill him and dance about on his grave singing Hallelujah before he went to training at Pittodrie.

And you try and tell the young people of today that..... they won't believe you. 

I mind that last game at Pittodrie; me and my family travelled from Pitmedden to see the game only to be told it had sold out, so we just walked around outside Pittodrie for a bit then went home, but before we did, we heard a huge roar which was for the first goal which was scored early on.

It's scary to see that was 20 years ago, though. :o

Was at that game and ended up having to go in the Merkland as was the only stand with any space left.

Was at that game and ended up having to go in the Merkland as was the only stand with any space left.

I ended up in the Beach end with the pars fans.  It wasn't all ticket, but I remember waiting outside the South stand when the shutters came down, we ran round to the other end, hid our scarfs, and waited in a queue of very hostile Dunfermline fans.  We were shitting ourselves but when the first goal went in it was obvious there were loads of dandies in there.

I ended up in the Beach end with the pars fans.  It wasn't all ticket, but I remember waiting outside the South stand when the shutters came down, we ran round to the other end, hid our scarfs, and waited in a queue of very hostile Dunfermline fans.  We were shitting ourselves but when the first goal went in it was obvious there were loads of dandies in there.

Was Jager with you?

from the pars website, apparently this gives us the stand behind the goal and the whole of the stand opposite the Main Stand, which is a total of 5446 seats

Homecoming Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

Saturday 7th March 2009

East End Park, Kick off 3.00pm

Aberdeen v Dunfermline

Tickets on Sale from Saturday 21st Feb from 12 pm for Season Ticket Holders and Priority Groups

This game will be an all ticket game and Season Tickets are not valid for this game

Ticket Prices have been agreed as £16 adults and £8 for concessions

(Concessions for this game are under 18's, 60 plus, full time students with a valid matric card and wheelchair users  - carers for wheelchair users get in for free)

Tickets for this game will go on sale from Saturday 21st Feb from 12 pm for Season Ticket Holders and other priority groups such as DAFC Sponsors, Jock Stein Suite and Rennie Members.

The remainder of tickets will go on general release from Thursday 26th Feb at 9.00 a.m.

Please note the Home Area for this game will be the Main Stand and the Norrie McCathie Stands only 

Homecoming Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

Saturday 7th March 2009

East End Park, Kick off 3.00pm

Aberdeen v Dunfermline

Tickets on Sale from Saturday 21st Feb from 12 pm for Season Ticket Holders and Priority Groups

This game will be an all ticket game and Season Tickets are not valid for this game

Ticket Prices have been agreed as £16 adults and £8 for concessions

(Concessions for this game are under 18's, 60 plus, full time students with a valid matric card and wheelchair users  - carers for wheelchair users get in for free)

Tickets for this game will go on sale from Saturday 21st Feb from 12 pm for Season Ticket Holders and other priority groups such as DAFC Sponsors, Jock Stein Suite and Rennie Members.

The remainder of tickets will go on general release from Thursday 26th Feb at 9.00 a.m.

Please note the Home Area for this game will be the Main Stand and the Norrie McCathie Stands only

Jesus!

Maybe I will go then, it'll be my first cup game of the season  :thumbsup:

pissed off Dunfermline are through - one of the worst days out in Scottish fitba. Pain in the arse to get to Dunfermline on the train, pain in the arse to get to the pub from the train station, pain in the arse to get to the ground from the pub.Then all the way home. Think I'll give it a miss.

Jump on my local train which goes to Dunfermline  :thumbsup:

Get off at the QM stop and the Elizabethan is just round the corner  :thumbsup:

Arrange to meet boss from work who has promised to buy me bacardi  :thumbsup:

Secure an invite to my best friend's for tea after the game who lives 10 minutes from the stadium  :thumbsup:

If Carlsberg did cupties............................  ;D

Dons Ticket News:

Homecoming Scottish Cup

The latest ticket news regarding the Homecoming Scottish Cup Quarter Final away to Dunfermline Athletic is as follows.

This game will be all ticket.

Following negotiations this morning Aberdeen have been able to obtain approx half the stadium which will give the Red Army in the region of 5,500 tickets.

Ticket prices will be £16 adult and £8 concessions.

As ever the tickets will be available first and foremost to season ticket holders / shareholders (260 shares or more)

As soon the club have finalised the arrangements for the sales process of the tickets we will detail them on RedWeb. 

The draw for the sixth round of the Homecoming Scottish Cup is :

Pars raging that we're taking over their home "end", ie their half of the stand opposite the main:

http://www.dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=812820&t=812820

Even though it is a QF and it is only £16 will we actually sell 5,500?

Guest swaddon

Dons Ticket News:

Pars raging that we're taking over their home "end", ie their half of the stand opposite the main:

http://www.dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=812820&t=812820

Even though it is a QF and it is only £16 will we actually sell 5,500?

They should realise that when bigger clubs come to town, they'll bring more fans and therefore need more tickets.

I should hope we can move 5,500 tickets.

For a Saturday 3pm kick off i reckon we will. I really want to go to this but can't cos I've got a stag do, pretty pissed off cos the stagger was supposed to be the day before and planned to go to this to round off a good weekend.  But still, there'll be a cracking support there.

When do they decide the TV fixture in the QFs ? Will it be after the game tomorrow night ? I really hope they shift this game so I can go. I'll take an early Saturday or a Sunday KO  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Bollocks, just seen on Skysports they are showing the Helen/Motherwell v Celtic game at 12:15 on the Saturday  :hammer:

When do they decide the TV fixture in the QFs ? Will it be after the game tomorrow night ? I really hope they shift this game so I can go. I'll take an early Saturday or a Sunday KO  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Bollocks, just seen on Skysports they are showing the Helen/Motherwell v Celtic game at 12:15 on the Saturday  :hammer:

BBC might also want a game, although don't know how many they get.