Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

This is a now a massive game for Calderwood.  :hammer:

Defeat on Saturday and there will be sections of the support calling for his head, more so than normal.

I'm not sure how I'll feel if we get beat, but its clearly the most important game of the season so far.

Completely agree with this. I think JMG will be more vociferous than ever then as there will be fence sitters who will be tired of all this. We really need to get through this game with a positive result!

BB don't even mention bottling it! If they do, the backlash will be bigger than previous seasons.  :-\

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree with this. I think JMG will be more vociferous than ever then as there will be fence sitters who will be tired of all this. We really need to get through this game with a positive result!

BB don't even mention bottling it! If they do, the backlash will be bigger than previous seasons.  :-\

There are folk who will not change their opinion no matter what. There are folk who go every week and are happy about absolutely nothing and seem to just go for the sake of waiting for some players to make mistakes and give them a verbal shoeing and when that doesn't happen "that fat orange bastard" gets flung out one more time. I'm really starting to tire of it. There were a few bangers dotted around us last night who wasted fuck all opportunity to get fired into some players for the slightest mistake. Quire remarkable levels of energy that could probably be better used supporting a team that, for whatever reason, is having a sticky patch. That said, a fucking champions league win wouldn't satisfy some of these cunts.

If supporting a team takes that much out of you that you have to start eviscerating players from the first whistle and the manager before the fucking whistle maybe it would be better for all concerned if you stayed in the house.

I think Saturday's game will be quite tight but I'm very confident we have more than enough in our tank to see them off.

Like we should have had enough in the tank to see off Queen of the South last season and Queens Park the season before?

Guest ally s

Like we should have had enough in the tank to see off Queen of the South last season and Queens Park the season before?

I'd rather be positive about our chances if it's all the same to you.  Continually accentuate the negative if you want, I don't really see the point.

There are folk who will not change their opinion no matter what. There are folk who go every week and are happy about absolutely nothing and seem to just go for the sake of waiting for some players to make mistakes and give them a verbal shoeing and when that doesn't happen "that fat orange bastard" gets flung out one more time. I'm really starting to tire of it. There were a few bangers dotted around us last night who wasted fuck all opportunity to get fired into some players for the slightest mistake. Quire remarkable levels of energy that could probably be better used supporting a team that, for whatever reason, is having a sticky patch. That said, a fucking champions league win wouldn't satisfy some of these cunts.

If supporting a team takes that much out of you that you have to start eviscerating players from the first whistle and the manager before the fucking whistle maybe it would be better for all concerned if you stayed in the house.

Aye, like the cretin near us last night who shouted "Get to fuck Young you useless cunt" as he came round to warm up.  Now, Derek Young is one of my least favourite players ever, but I'd never shout something like that. Christ, the boy didn't even get on the pitch and he's getting pelters! Unbelievable.

Aye, like the cretin near us last night who shouted "Get to fuck Young you useless cunt" as he came round to warm up.  Now, Derek Young is one of my least favourite players ever, but I'd never shout something like that. Christ, the boy didn't even get on the pitch and he's getting pelters! Unbelievable.

I think I may have heard that too. Fucking brutal. He is not one of my all time favourites too but that sums up the general attitude at times and I find it really wearing. That same fuckers sit on their hands when it's sing song time to support the team.

Plenty folk criticise the team and tactics, fair enough, I have a pop myself now and again but this negativity as a norm for some folk and the utter contempt for the team they "support" makes you wonder why they bother. 

that may have been certain posters on here being "ironic" ::)

If it was the 'Thats a fucking terrible warm up Young' then I must confess that was me and I was most certainly doing nothing other than poking fun at the phenomonally negative position being taken by the group in front of us. I also shouted at Mackie for playing a 'terrible ball' when he contested a bounce up for the same purpose. It was indeed tiresome to hear some of the shit they were dishing out and I know these guys are some of the more ardent and regular visitors to our games. Its tragic.

So if it was my shout you were offended by then I hope that sets things a little more in context  :-\

If it was the 'Thats a fucking terrible warm up Young' then I must confess that was me and I was most certainly doing nothing other than poking fun at the phenomonally negative position being taken by the group in front of us. I also shouted at Mackie for playing a 'terrible ball' when he contested a bounce up for the same purpose. It was indeed tiresome to hear some of the shit they were dishing out and I know these guys are some of the more ardent and regular visitors to our games. Its tragic.

So if it was my shout you were offended by then I hope that sets things a little more in context  :-\

No, it wasn't your shout Ajja.  It was definitely "Get to fuck Young you useless cunt" and there was a fair amount of venom in it.  There were guys behind us - going by their age they should definitely have known better - who were giving the players and JC fucking terrible abuse, and you actually got the feeling from them that they were gutted we scored at the end.  ::)

No, it wasn't your shout Ajja.  It was definitely "Get to fuck Young you useless cunt" and there was a fair amount of venom in it.  There were guys behind us - going by their age they should definitely have known better - who were giving the players and JC fucking terrible abuse, and you actually got the feeling from them that they were gutted we scored at the end.   ::)

Where were you sitting out of interest ? It might have been the guys in front of us. There was a regular impromptu cry of 'you fat orange bastard'

Where were you sitting out of interest ? It might have been the guys in front of us. There was a regular impromptu cry of 'you fat orange bastard'

The group sitting in front of you were from supporters clubs in Aberdeen.  I think there is a huge split in the support in terms of JC and the team, but i don't agree with abusing the players while warming up. Don't like JC myself but certainly wouldn't call him that.   

Aberdeen FC boss praises Red Army

Jimmy Calderwood delighted as fans rally for Cup clash

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 05/03/2009

ABERDEEN FC boss Jimmy Calderwood today praised the Red Army for rallying behind their quest for Scottish Cup glory.

More than 30 buses have been booked to take the bulk of the 5,250 Aberdeen FC fans to Saturday’s quarter-final clash with Dunfermline at East End Park.

They will outnumber the Pars faithful, who have purchased only 3,300 tickets so far.

Jimmy Calderwood is sure the Dons fans turning out in such force will inspire his men to go on and claim a place in the last four for the second year in a row.

He said: “Seeing East End Park packed with so many of our fans will give the lads a lift.

“The response from the fans have been incredible and it is much appreciated.â€

The group sitting in front of you were from the main supporters clubs in Aberdeen.  I think there is a huge split in the support in terms of JC and the team, but i don't agree with abusing the players while warming up. Don't like JC myself but certainly wouldn't call him that.   

Yes, I know who they are. I know them from afcchat also, wasn't planning to name names though  ;)