Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

12 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Watched a fair bit of the Killie Celtic game earlier.  It's a myth that you cannot play good fitba on a plastic pitch, totally psychological if you ask me.  Some cracking stuff played by Celtic and the boy Jota can fairly strike a ball.

I find it easier to play fitba on a plastic pitch, even with my dodgy knees, and I'm always surprised when it's mentioned. However, if you dry out a plastic pitch, the bounce can be very high and unnatural and the ball can stick in a way that it wouldn't on a good grass pitch. The emphasis is on good though, as if you let the grass grow a bit then you get the same sticking effect. The biggest oddity is that whenever there is a poor grass surface (which happens a lot), it's blamed on the conditions or just laughed off, yet plastic pitches get zero leeway in the same regard. Pittodrie has been good the last few years, but there have been times in the last decade where it has been horrendous. The biggest issue with all grass pitches is the heavy deterioration around the goal area. Our goalies get accused of being terrible with their feet, yet nobody seems to factor in that they get much worse between December and March as the pitches become more and more difficult to play on (especially when as a keeper you're often asked to belt a moving ball a long way). Plastic pitches rarely suffer the same variability across the surface. Killie's one must be nearing send of life these days though. The Livingston one always seems to be deliberately left un-watered so it's like you're playing indoors. 

Fuck the co-efficent shite the Weegie media are going to be spewing out in the coming days and weeks.

This is bad news guys, they probably earn £40m plus off the back of that result, whilst the other cheek do likewise 

Remind me how this aids the standard of domestic Scottish football for the rest of us ?