Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Now if Forrest could see their way to selling McKenna so we  can get the sell on clause as well that would be great. 

There'll definitely be a question mark over whether he's quite good enough for that level, so he could well be sold to a championship team trying to win promotion if he's not getting a game around January window time. Hope not though, I think he'll raise his game again when necessary. Could be the next Grant Hanley, which is something that would have been used as a slur not that long ago.

23 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

There'll definitely be a question mark over whether he's quite good enough for that level, so he could well be sold to a championship team trying to win promotion if he's not getting a game around January window time. Hope not though, I think he'll raise his game again when necessary. Could be the next Grant Hanley, which is something that would have been used as a slur not that long ago.

McKenna looked part in cup game against Arsenal and I think he could do a job in premier league. I was just being greedy to get cash in now for Summer rebuild. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Fact Kane was Offside when the ball was played through apparently means fuck all

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Noticed that along with him exaggerating the contact. 

This is the type of shit we'll have, off-side wasn't "clear and obvious" etc. Well neither was the foul, otherwise you wouldn't watching a replay...

10 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

This is the type of shit we'll have, off-side wasn't "clear and obvious" etc. Well neither was the foul, otherwise you wouldn't watching a replay...

I had the sound off when it was on, and I didn't watch the aftermath, but my immediate thought was that he was offside and that the var challenge was therefore irrelevant. He looked about half a yard off on my only watching. There was enough ambiguity about the whole situation to make VAR absolutely pointless, it added absolutely nothing to the game. I don't like seeing England winning games, but they don't bother me enough these days to be partisan about this shit, so I think I can be fairly objective about it. I don't think that last night's decision made the game fairer, or more accurate. It didn't right an injustice. It was a meaningless interruption of a live sporting occasion for no additional benefit. It's a shining example of why VAR is so shite. Last night's game was made worse by its intervention.

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

It must be really bothering you Jute to bring up a penalty incident in an England friendly that happened three days ago 😂

For what it’s worth I thought at the time Kane clipped his own leg never mind the  offside issue.

He did. 

I meant to post the picture up on Wednesday but forgot. 

VAR is getting ridiculous.  To give a penalty when there were two reasons why it should not have been awarded is mental.  The cock ups they are making after watching the video are worse than the howlers the refs made pre-VAR.  Also stunned that Ukraine did not get their penalty against Wales, it was not even debatable. VAR is the worst thing to happen to fitba since the Bosman ruling.

4 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

VAR is getting ridiculous.  To give a penalty when there were two reasons why it should not have been awarded is mental.  The cock ups they are making after watching the video are worse than the howlers the refs made pre-VAR.  Also stunned that Ukraine did not get their penalty against Wales, it was not even debatable. VAR is the worst thing to happen to fitba since the Bosman ruling.

I mean, the Bosman ruling was a good thing though, wasn't it? Var is the worst thing to happen to fitba since Mark Hateley.