Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Nations league round up

Finalists (Guaranteed Euro 2024 Playoff spot) - Netherlands, Croatia, Spain, Italy

Promoted to A Groups (Guaranteed Euro 2024 Playoff spot) - Scotland, Serbia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Israel
Relegated to B Groups - Austria, Czech Republic, Englandshire, Wales

Promoted to B Groups (Guaranteed Euro 2024 Playoff spot) - Georgia, Turkey, Greece, Kazakstan
Relegated to C Groups - Russia, Romania, Armenia, Sweden

Promoted to C Groups (Guaranteed Euro 2024 Playoff spot) - Latvia, Estonia
Relegation Playoffs for D Groups - Gibraltar vs Cyprus, Lithuania vs Belarus

Northern Ireland escape relegation playoffs on goal difference

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Watching the womens Scotland v Ireland World Cup play off. Ireland have the longest throw in taker I have ever seen, what a weapon. Causing the Scottish defence all sorts of problems.

Ended up 1-0 to Ireland so the Scotland World Cup dream is over.

I have not watched a lot of Women’s games in the past but it struck me last night that the game would be much better played on a smaller pitch with slightly smaller goal posts.

Last night’s match reminded me of watching a schoolboy game on a full size pitch in that there were spaces all over the place. It takes the women longer to cover the same ground so the game moves more slowly.

It got me thinking that in golf, women play to the same rules but because of physical differences they play a shorter golf course with clubs that are slightly lighter and have thinner grips but in football we are making absolutely no adjustments for the differences in the physical abilities between men and women. 

In the men’s game goalies are generally well over 6ft tall so why put a 5ft 8 woman in the same size goals?

The Scotland games would also have a much better atmosphere at a packed club ground and give the women a much better home advantage as well. Hampden last night was very empty and did nothing to provide the best atmosphere for a big game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigAl said:

If Napoli are in the mood then I'd say yes 👍

I've been watching a fair bit of serie a this season, Napoli are a hell of a team now.  Kvaradona is taking all the headlines but victor osimhen is starting to get up to speed again after injury and he is such a fun player to watch.  Napoli will hose the huns