Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

ITV once again doing their best to ruin football highlights.
Last season Quest's coverage of the EFL was 90mins, and just got on with it (even then it was sometimes too long)
ITV decide it needs 2hrs and to have 'features'

Wonder if this format will change when Match of the Day starts again next week?

Edited by tom_widdows

52 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

ITV once again doing their best to ruin football highlights.
Last season Quest's coverage of the EFL was 90mins, and just got on with it (even then it was sometimes too long)
ITV decide it needs 2hrs and to have 'features'

Wonder if this format will change when Match of the Day starts again next week?

Going to watch the 9:25am rerun in the morning. I was disappointed when I read Quest had lost highlights as thought their coverage was decent. 

Womens Euro 2022 - just wondered, did anyone watch much of this?  It is being built up exponentially as some remarkable achievement as you may expect with England having won it and just wanted to gauge other peoples thoughts.  To me, it's a bit like some random league games being on tele like something from the MLS, Australia or the dutch league in that I had no real desire to watch it in the current world of saturation tv fitba.  But then I see there is a massive party in Trafalgar Square and I wonder if I am in the minority in my thinking, but if Scotland would have won it, would we be all that bothered??  Don't get me wrong, whenever a Scottish athlete/team get to a final of a sport, it does make me want to see how they get on but is the women's game not still a bit of a minority sport?  I mean were the tickets for the final like gold dust as they would have been for the men's England v Italy final last year or did they give a load of tickets away to guarantee a full house?  A lot of talk being banded about that women's football will never be the same but my own opinion would be that I would still not really make a point of watching a women's game.   

On 02/08/2022 at 02:20, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Womens Euro 2022 - just wondered, did anyone watch much of this?  It is being built up exponentially as some remarkable achievement as you may expect with England having won it and just wanted to gauge other peoples thoughts.  To me, it's a bit like some random league games being on tele like something from the MLS, Australia or the dutch league in that I had no real desire to watch it in the current world of saturation tv fitba.  But then I see there is a massive party in Trafalgar Square and I wonder if I am in the minority in my thinking, but if Scotland would have won it, would we be all that bothered??  Don't get me wrong, whenever a Scottish athlete/team get to a final of a sport, it does make me want to see how they get on but is the women's game not still a bit of a minority sport?  I mean were the tickets for the final like gold dust as they would have been for the men's England v Italy final last year or did they give a load of tickets away to guarantee a full house?  A lot of talk being banded about that women's football will never be the same but my own opinion would be that I would still not really make a point of watching a women's game.   

I can only really comment from what I see here in NZ and the game is definitely growing. Wellington Phoenix are going to make sure that as many of their men and womens games are back to back, with the womens being the curtain raiser. Obviously this is also helped by the fact that the next WC will be here so it’s getting a lot of press. I think I’ll try and make it along to at least one or two games. Is the quality the same as the mens? No, but I’m definitely willing to give it a go. 

8 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

It'll be a stretch for us to finish even 4th this season ! Utd look better than us! 

Early days lad and 1st week in August perhaps too early to judge, however do agree that they had something about them last night and appear to have recruited fairy well. 

Always think the time to start making judgement on potential finishing league positions is after the first round of league fixtures

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 21:43, The D.O.C.1903 said:

It'll be a stretch for us to finish even 4th this season ! Utd look better than us! 

Csnt help thinking of another time a scottish team took a 1-0 lead to the Netherlands and got their asses handed to them.

4th place will be a struggle but i wouldnt bank on the arabs being the problem

• Like 1

On 07/08/2022 at 18:31, tom_widdows said:

Csnt help thinking of another time a scottish team took a 1-0 lead to the Netherlands and got their asses handed to them.

Absolute nonsense. No way utd are keeping it below six.

I turned on after the first and was thinking they looked fairly decent. That keeper. Jesus.

28 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Disappointing that. AZ finished 5th in Holland last year, 22 points off Ajax so it’s not like United were up against some European heavyweight. Sad reflection of where our fitba in this country is at especially after the Motherwell shit show in Europe.

Aye but you get to laugh at utd fans for ages about this. Swings and roundabouts