Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Todays fitba

Ended 0-3 but really matters not a jot in the grand scheme of things. There are just too many clubs we consider as rivals for top 4 places with large points leads already over us. Hibs and Killie might just be about "reel-innable" but in reality if we can overtake one of them we will be doing well. Hearts can only throw away 3rd place now and second could be realistic as sevco are no great shakes.

I don’t think there are any great teams in the league this year, all of the top 6 can beat each other on any given day. Problem is we’re not top 6. Still think Celtic will take it but there’s zero sign that we have made any progress this season to date.

I don’t think there are any great teams in the league this year, all of the top 6 can beat each other on any given day. Problem is we’re not top 6. Still think Celtic will take it but there’s zero sign that we have made any progress this season to date.

When you consider our post split results of last season, I think you'd have to think we've gone drastically backwards.

I

When you consider our post split results of last season, I think you'd have to think we've gone drastically backwards.

I

I totally agree with you. However, I'm meaning from the Burnley games to now we are not playing any better, winning more, or looking like we are making any progress at all with the 18-19 squad.

I totally agree with you. However, I'm meaning from the Burnley games to now we are not playing any better, winning more, or looking like we are making any progress at all with the 18-19 squad.

Get your point now and totally agree.

Was at both Burnley games and the way we acquired ourselves raised my hopes for the coming season. We are definitely going backwards at present.

Wish Scotland had the same calibre of Refs like the guy in charge of the Sevco game tonight. If this was a Scottish ref you could guarantee two penalties for The Rangers.

The ref tonight got everything spot on.

Said earlier on WhatsApp that he was MOTM by a proverbial mile

Where was the Greg Stewart who is playing for Killie last year. Looks like a different player to the one we had. Scored another good goal last night and now scored 4 in 8.

He has admitted when he joined us he was over a stone overweight. He got about half of it off by the time he left and was starting to look like a decent acquisition. Obviously worked hard in pre-season and got the rest off. With hindsight we would have been far better off getting him in permanently instead of Forrester (and would have got him for free saving £200k into the bargain). He is only on loan at Killie for the season and will be available to sign a pre-contract in January. It's a no brainer for me.

He has admitted when he joined us he was over a stone overweight. He got about half of it off by the time he left and was starting to look like a decent acquisition. Obviously worked hard in pre-season and got the rest off. With hindsight we would have been far better off getting him in permanently instead of Forrester (and would have got him for free saving £200k into the bargain). He is only on loan at Killie for the season and will be available to sign a pre-contract in January. It's a no brainer for me.

He didn't fit into our system.  He's playing through the middle with Killie, and there was no way he was ever going to play there with us.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but only if the aim was to use him properly.

He didn't fit into our system.  He's playing through the middle with Killie, and there was no way he was ever going to play there with us.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but only if the aim was to use him properly.

He didn't fit into our system because he didn't do the work. He played a few times (mainly as sub) in the advanced role of a 4-2-3-1 centrally. I don't see that position being far off what is being asked of him at Killie now. The main thing being that he now looks fit enough to do the tracking back that he didn't really do for us.

He didn't fit into our system because he didn't do the work. He played a few times (mainly as sub) in the advanced role of a 4-2-3-1 centrally. I don't see that position being far off what is being asked of him at Killie now. The main thing being that he now looks fit enough to do the tracking back that he didn't really do for us.

Nah. Being stuck out on the wing isn't playing to his strengths.

I'm not disputing that he was overweight and could/should have worked harder, but to suggest that we played him in a role that suited him is just wrong.

Nah. Being stuck out on the wing isn't playing to his strengths.

I'm not disputing that he was overweight and could/should have worked harder, but to suggest that we played him in a role that suited him is just wrong.

He played several times in the centre for us as a sub. That's what I was saying.