Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hamilton v Aberdeen

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1503715,00.html

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/21/4f/0,,10284~4869921,00.jpg[/img]

SPL Hamilton v Aberdeen Saturday 3rd Jan New Douglas Park

Pease note the match is admission by cash only at the turnstiles.

Aberdeen fans will occupy the Spice of Life North Stand (behind the goal, capacity 2246) and should use turnstiles 7-12 inclusive. If needed there is also the East Stand (498), via turnstile 12.

Admission is £22 Adults and £11 Concessions - Concessions are U16s, over 65s and full time students with a current uni / college matriculation card. Photo ID is required at the turnstiles.

Supporters Buses and Car Parking

Supporters vehicles should attend via Junction 5 of the M74 (Raith Interchange), follow signposts for Hamilton on to Uddingston Road, left at roundabout on to Bothwell Road, right at Traffic Lights on to Caird Street, 1st left into Beckford Street. Cars should then turn left into the Car Park on their left (this is not suitable for high vehicles as there is a height restriction), with Coaches turning right into the South Lanarkshire Council Car Park. The picture below highlights the parking areas.

The ground is a 5 min walk on the right behind the two retail parks.

width=500 height=372http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/46/4f/0,,10284~4869958,00.jpg[/img]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the fuck can we drink before the game?

There are a few pubs on Burnbank Rd and Almada Street that are all with in 10 mins walk/stagger of the ground. Silver Tassie and Harveys were two of the pubs I was in last time that were ok. Used to be a pub across from the Station called the Accidemical Vaults that the home fans drank in but not sure if its still there. I see Chambers Bar have a post on chat inviting supporters clubs to head there but you need to be booked in.

Dons hit for six as they focus on Accies

CALDERWOOD WORRY AS SEVERIN, DIAMOND, FOSTER, McDONALD, MAIR AND MULGREW ALL SUFFER

By Michael Gannon

tn2_michael_gambon_2.jpg

Published: 31/12/2008

Aberdeen have been unable to prevent a flu virus blighting their squad. Now Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood is hoping the outbreak does not halt his side’s charge up the SPL table.

Dons captain Scott Severin and centre back Zander Diamond were sent home from training yesterday.

Richard Foster and Gary McDonald both struggled through the 1-0 win against Hearts, while Lee Mair was only fit enough for the bench.

Calderwood is already resigned to being without defender Charlie Mulgrew for this weekend’s trip to Hamilton Accies due to a knee knock suffered on Saturday.

He is now hoping the rest of his players recover in time as the Dons chase down their target of occupying third spot in the SPL before the visit of Celtic and Rangers on consecutive weekends from January 17.

Calderwood said: “Obviously, this outbreak of flu is a real worry. We'll just have to monitor the situation and see what happens.

“On the advice of the club doctor, we gave some of the squad Monday and Tuesday off to keep the players away from each other to try to prevent the spread of the illness, but you don't know if this will work.

“Having a couple of days off won't do any harm because their fitness levels are excellent. Their six-monthly tests were held last week and, while the players didn't always agree with my stopwatch, they all passed.â€

The Dons manager has altered his training programme as a result of the virus but hopes there will be no adverse reaction on Saturday.

He said: “We will train on Wednesday and again on Friday. The players are all desperate to hold on to their places, so I think they will declare themselves fit for Hamilton.â€

Calderwood will not be rushing back attacker Jamie Smith. The former Celtic forward has been out for more than two months and has played just 16 minutes since August due a series of injuries. He had been earmarked for a comeback against Hearts but was not ready and now faces another few weeks in cold storage. :hammer:

After this weekend’s match at New Douglas Park, the Dons are on Scottish Cup fourth round duty at Alloa.

Smith will play no part in the tie as Calderwood is unwilling to risk the 28-year-old on the Wasps’ artificial pitch. The same approach is likely to apply to Mulgrew.

He said: “It is hard to say when Jamie will be back, he is still not training with the group although that could happen on Monday. He keeps getting little niggles which clear up with a couple of days rest and we must get to the bottom of the problem. I won't bring him back until he is ready. We can afford to give him another couple of weeks. No risk will be taken.â€

If Smith doesn't have the flu we might have to play him.

Highly unlikely given he's not training with the group yet.  This flu outbreak amongst the squad probably isn't as bad as has been made out, JC feels he can give Smith another couple of weeks so I don't think it's time to hit the panic button just yet.

Highly unlikely given he's not training with the group yet.  This flu outbreak amongst the squad probably isn't as bad as has been made out, JC feels he can give Smith another couple of weeks so I don't think it's time to hit the panic button just yet.

I think a flu outbreak might not be a bad thing. I have been pleasantly surprised by our football when we have been apparently weakened in recent seasons

I think a flu outbreak might not be a bad thing. I have been pleasantly surprised by our football when we have been apparently weakened in recent seasons

Good point, I remember we tore Dundee Utd a new arsehole last season with a so called depleted squad.

Christ, you would think that AFC would have the sense to give all their playing and coaching staff the flu vaccine. Surely a vaccine at £10 each (guessing costs here) would pay for itself if the whole squad were free off the bug right through the season.

My work give employees the option of the vaccine, which I take up every year. I guess the costs invloved are minimal if they can reduce the amount of sick leave due to the flu. Only problem is I can't take a sneaky week off with the 'flu' now.

Christ, you would think that AFC would have the sense to give all their playing and coaching staff the flu vaccine. Surely a vaccine at £10 each (guessing costs here) would pay for itself if the whole squad were free off the bug right through the season.

My work give employees the option of the vaccine, which I take up every year. I guess the costs invloved are minimal if they can reduce the amount of sick leave due to the flu. Only problem is I can't take a sneaky week off with the 'flu' now.

The only problem with that is what TW says, it most likely isn't an influenza outbreak as such, more likely a heavy cold, which virtually nothing can prevent.

IMO Supposed superfit athletes should not be susceptable to a bloody cold EVERY year.  :hammer:

There is an arguement which suggests quite the opposite:

http://www.scienceofsocceronline.com/2008/11/training-colds-flu-and-respiratiy.html

http://www.iaru.ie/documents/1_foZqejNkqCkilOByQhbB.pdf

http://adam.about.com/reports/000094_3.htm

While recreational or amateur athletes tend to benefit from a slight resistance, those professional athetes who train hard, all year round may actually be more susceptable.

Time to bin Smith I think. He could be Zinedine Zidane, all totally irrelevant if he's never fit to kick a ball for us.

That's the bottom line I'm afraid.

A club like Aberdeen simply can't afford to carry one of our top earners without anything in return.  Smiths wages could be better spent on a centre half, right back or partner for Lee Miller.

Aberdeen flu crisis deepens as seven Pittodrie stars laid low

Jan 2 2009 By Ian Orr

ABERDEEN will not ask for tomorrow's SPL clash with Hamilton to be postponed despite having SEVEN players KOd by flu.

Anxious boss Jimmy Calderwood will hold a head count today when his squad report back after a day off.

Training was cancelled for two days earlier in the week and the players banned from Pittodrie to try to stop the bug spreading.

But despite that Derek Young and Stuart Duff have since joined captain Scott Severin, Zander Diamond, Lee Mair, Richard Foster and Gary McDonald on the sick list.

Calderwood said: "Despite all the precautions taken on medical advice the position has become worse. Two more players have been hit by the bug and my worry is it will spread further.

"It is not our intention to try to get the game called off because our squad should be big enough to cope.

"However, right now I haven't a clue who will play at New Douglas Park and we haven't been able to do any of the tactical work covered in advance of every game.

"Everything is up in the air until we know who is available but it may be that some players have to turn out even though they are not 100 per cent.

"We're on a run of four consecutive wins and are aiming to extend that. But Hamilton is a tough venue and it will be even harder if key players are ruled out."

Guest swaddon

How can it be a tough venue if we have never played there before?!

It's a step into the unknown, which makes it tough.

Remember when we went to St. Johnstone's new ground for the first time, we lost 0-5, so we'll have to be wary when we go to Hamilton's new place.