Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hamilton v Aberdeen

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the highlights McDonald should of had a pen. Miller was unlucky with his freekick - Keeper was in the right position. Probably just had too much curl on it

Nah I'm sticking with that he went down to easily, there was a bump but not enough for him to go down.

Cant really see what happened for their pen, would be better if they had a closer camera.

Always makes me wonder about so called dons fans who slag off team after a defeat.

The best teams in the world can lose on the day to small teams like Hamilton.

Get real  ::)

Im sure if Real Madrid lost to a wee team Real fans would be all happy and and not say a thing, but they are real fans not so-called fans.

Always makes me wonder about so called dons fans who slag off team after a defeat.

The best teams in the world can lose on the day to small teams like Hamilton.

Get real  ::)

So we are only allowed to praise the team are we

There are hundreds of football forums all over the internet who are also only allowed to praise the team are there ..

GET REAL

There are two debates that underpin this discussion (and so may others) as far as I see it.

There is the 'knee jerk debate' that comes around and around as we drift from positive to negative results. I have some sympathy with this debate although not because I am one for the hysteria that surrounds a bad result. I prefer to take a step back and look at the wider picture. However, we do go through these cyclical peaks and troughs in our performance to the extent that it is extremely frustrating.

Then there is the 'reasonable expectation' debate. I also sympathise with this position as it provides fertile ground for a more pragmatic and sensible discussion about our fortunes and allows for a reasoned view rather than a hysterical one. However, it often finds itself populated by claims that 'things are so much better than they were' so we should be satisfied with what we have. Or that 'we could not get any better in terms of management'. I'm not so comfortable with that view and I do believe there is an inherent flaw in our squad management that brings about the sort of attitude in games that we witnessed yesterday. I'm all for pragmatism and realism but there must be something that could be done to avoid the regularity with which we dip to such awful form that we throw away a lot of the hard work that has been done previously.

If I was to have a go at defining the 'next level' I would tend to go for a description of consistently good football that brought a healthy balance between being exciting to watch but delivering results to allow us to challenge for the honours that are realistically in our sights. I don't think we are far from achieving this, its the consistency aspect that we lack. I'd hate to see us try to be Hibs or Falkirk in terms of playing Brazilian-esque football and going nowhere but there should be a balanced position that would see us attracting fans to watch us and challenging at the top of the Scottish game (exc the English & Irish input).

There are two debates that underpin this discussion (and so may others) as far as I see it.

There is the 'knee jerk debate' that comes around and around as we drift from positive to negative results. I have some sympathy with this debate although not because I am one for the hysteria that surrounds a bad result. I prefer to take a step back and look at the wider picture. However, we do go through these cyclical peaks and troughs in our performance to the extent that it is extremely frustrating.

Then there is the 'reasonable expectation' debate. I also sympathise with this position as it provides fertile ground for a more pragmatic and sensible discussion about our fortunes and allows for a reasoned view rather than a hysterical one. However, it often finds itself populated by claims that 'things are so much better than they were' so we should be satisfied with what we have. Or that 'we could not get any better in terms of management'. I'm not so comfortable with that view and I do believe there is an inherent flaw in our squad management that brings about the sort of attitude in games that we witnessed yesterday. I'm all for pragmatism and realism but there must be something that could be done to avoid the regularity with which we dip to such awful form that we throw away a lot of the hard work that has been done previously.

If I was to have a go at defining the 'next level' I would tend to go for a description of consistently good football that brought a healthy balance between being exciting to watch but delivering results to allow us to challenge for the honours that are realistically in our sights. I don't think we are far from achieving this, its the consistency aspect that we lack. I'd hate to see us try to be Hibs or Falkirk in terms of playing Brazilian-esque football and going nowhere but there should be a balanced position that would see us attracting fans to watch us and challenging at the top of the Scottish game (exc the English & Irish input).

This is a well thought out post Ajja which sums up the debate well. I, like you, would love to see us accomplish a level of consistently good football without the seemingly inevitable dire slumps in form which seem to undermine our progress at regular intervals. However, any team which plays "consistently good good football" and balances between "being exciting to watch" and achieving results is likely to run away with the league in Scotland because every club, outside of the old firm, who occasionally manage this balance, struggles to achieve this. If we did we wouldl not only challenge for honours but also win them.

Who here is happy with yesterday's result? 

Obviously nae cunt.

I think you may be confusing "happy" with "keeping things in perspective".

In the context of the post it fits perfectly as he suggested that big teams fans would just sit and be all c'est la vie about it.

We had a lengthy discussion on the train back to Edinburgh and it was quite reasoned, ajja's post covers it quite well. But trying to say people who criticise the team/tactics/manager are 'so-called fans' is ridiculous.

Obviously nae cunt.

In the context of the post it fits perfectly as he suggested that big teams fans would just sit and be all c'est la vie about it.

We had a lengthy discussion on the train back to Edinburgh and it was quite reasoned, ajja's post covers it quite well. But trying to say people who criticise the team/tactics/manager are 'so-called fans' is ridiculous.

But it is life! Some days we win, some days we lose. We will never ever ever win them all. There are far more important things in life than football, that to get so worked up by a bad result after a run of 5 or 6 unbeaten suggests you need to get things into perspective a bit.