Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

Totally agree with this.

People that email into the club just seems like going back to school, does it make you feel big and important when you do it? Its remarkably easy to set up filters etc so that you dont have to read wee Jimmy saying he's not happy at us.

what's wee jimmy got to do with it?

I find this decision shocking and as such want to register my disgust by emailing the club, what is wrong with that?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's wee jimmy got to do with it?

I find this decision shocking and as such want to register my disgust by emailing the club, what is wrong with that?

Wee Jimmy was just a figure to represent those complaining, not anybody in particular.

When somebody at the bank messes up and you want to register a complaint do you send them an email as well? You seek out one to one interaction with those involved and ultimately this leads to points being made and people getting a better understanding of whats happened and why. This may not be the easiest thing to set up with the club but is definitely what you should be looking to do if you want to make a point rather than hundreds of folk sending off emails.

Wee Jimmy was just a figure to represent those complaining, not anybody in particular.

When somebody at the bank messes up and you want to register a complaint do you send them an email as well? You seek out one to one interaction with those involved and ultimately this leads to points being made and people getting a better understanding of whats happened and why. This may not be the easiest thing to set up with the club but is definitely what you should be looking to do if you want to make a point rather than hundreds of folk sending off emails.

I would say 100s of emails gives them an indication of the extent that this has angered the fans.

If you look I have also suggested a combined press release/open letter from Supporters Groups.  Being in Glasgow I'm not exactly in a position to pop down to Pittodrie but I agree that face to face discussions would be more fruitful but the chances of speaking to anyone of any importance has to be pretty slim.

Incidentally, apparently the SPL rules contain this rule:

C6.1 Subject to Rules C6.2 and C6.3, the entire gate receipts of all League Matches (including abandoned or replayed League Matches) shall be retained by the Home Club.

So surely the 5% is illegal?

IF the old firm can just demand 5% of the the ticket money which by SPL rules says goes to the home team, why cant we say well we will take 20% fee at ibrox. They cant give us any less tickets than what they give us already.

Pathetic excuse from every team that doesnt stand up top this and how the SPL are sitting back doing nothing is a disgrace.

I would say 100s of emails gives them an indication of the extent that this has angered the fans.

If you look I have also suggested a combined press release/open letter from Supporters Groups.  Being in Glasgow I'm not exactly in a position to pop down to Pittodrie but I agree that face to face discussions would be more fruitful but the chances of speaking to anyone of any importance has to be pretty slim.

Incidentally, apparently the SPL rules contain this rule:

C6.1 Subject to Rules C6.2 and C6.3, the entire gate receipts of all League Matches (including abandoned or replayed League Matches) shall be retained by the Home Club.

So surely the 5% is illegal?

A combined response from supporters clubs is a far better way to do it than loads of individuals sending in emails. It may give them an idea that the fans arent happy but ultimately when has the club ever been overly fussed about that.

I didnt think they would be able to come up with this and it would all of a sudden be law but it takes for the SPL to stand up and say something and they wont unless pressured into it by the other 10.

It's shameful by the scum but they are the playground bullies and know they can throw their weight about if they so desire.

After viewing the emails flying about between supporters clubs, I've since had a chat with someone at AFC about the whole situation.

There is NO AGREEMENT in place as yet between AFC and Rangers other than the fact that for security reasons, Grampian Police advised it best that Rangers sell their allocation themselves.  There is to be a discussion between ALL SPL clubs as to how to go forward, not just between AFC & Rangers.  I believe the SPL are keen to allow the clubs to try to sort this between themselves first and foremost.

The club are very upset at the media stories (lies) from the weekend and intend to release a statement to that effect later today.

After viewing the emails flying about between supporters clubs, I've since had a chat with someone at AFC about the whole situation.

There is NO AGREEMENT in place as yet between AFC and Rangers other than the fact that for security reasons, Grampian Police advised it best that Rangers sell their allocation themselves.  There is to be a discussion between ALL SPL clubs as to how to go forward, not just between AFC & Rangers.  I believe the SPL are keen to allow the clubs to try to sort this between themselves first and foremost.

The club are very upset at the media stories (lies) from the weekend and intend to release a statement to that effect later today.

I wonder if the people here will e-mail their apologies to the club for the mistake they've made...

*goestostartnewthread*

Doubt it.

AFC fans are always the first to complain but always the last to praise.

The majority anyway.

:thumbsup:

The silence is deafening.  ;D

Who'll be the first to bite the bullet and admit they got it wrong?  Place your bets...

Why wait?  36 hours on no word from the club bar direct quotes from our director of finance!!

:thumbsup:

The silence is deafening.  ;D

Who'll be the first to bite the bullet and admit they got it wrong?  Place your bets...

If and when that happens then I will send an email apology to the club. If they were so angered by the "press reports" surely they would have acted sooner?

What a buch of gutless fucks ::)

Pathetic response by the club

Boycott?  Typical lack of ambition from the AFC board

The club is run by a bunch of clowns.

good old visual fan protest.

I say it again gutless fucks taking it up the arse like that..

what a bunch of cunts

Absolute disgraceful from AFC.

I am sick fed up of AFC making unkept promises

They can all go fuck themselves.

Pathetic excuse

Say sorry in your own time folks...  :thumbsup:

Why wait?  36 hours on no word from the club bar direct quotes from our director of finance!!

Do you want them to phone you?  Or maybe they're planning releasing a statement throught the much-hated Glasgow press in the morning?

If and when that happens then I will send an email apology to the club. If they were so angered by the "press reports" surely they would have acted sooner?

Quick enough to shout down the club though?  ;)

I dunno, maybe they have bigger fish to fry other than worrying about upsetting some moaning wee boys on chatsites?

Maybe they're busy trying to sign players before the window shuts so you've something else to moan about next season?

Perhaps since there's a game on Saturday and the team just got back to Scotland they're a bit too busy to worry about something that won't affect them until the end of August?

Or, I know this sounds a bit far fetched, maybe they've just not got round to it because they're tackling the problem head-on instead of draughting up press releases for folk who say they're not going to buy tickets, merchandise, pies, etc..... ever, ever, ever again.  ::)

The decision hasn't been made to pay, doesn't mean it won't be.

I'm aware of that, but everyone's been acting under the assumption that we've 'caved in'.  Quick to jump on the bandwagon, much in the same way they did last season with the 'Madrid ticket fiasco', but they won't turn round and give the club credit when they appear to be going about things the right way.

I'm aware of that, but everyone's been acting under the assumption that we've 'caved in'.  Quick to jump on the bandwagon, much in the same way they did last season with the 'Madrid ticket fiasco', but they won't turn round and give the club credit when they appear to be going about things the right way.

Not everyone.

But ST is right, maybe running a fucking club is bit more important less than a week to go to the KO of a new season with new players to be signed.

Not that they are too crash hot at it but I wouldn't give the club a McCann's weans lifespan should some folk get to run it.

? ? ?, I've always thought the club was run by clowns  :thumbsup: I wouldn't be surprised if they did "cave in" but as I said, I will apologise if the club does not do what I think it will. Furthermore, I have praised the club and emailed them to congratulate them on such matters, these are the only times they ever respond.

? ? ?, I've always thought the club was run by clowns  :thumbsup: I wouldn't be surprised if they did "cave in" but as I said, I will apologise if the club does not do what I think it will. Furthermore, I have praised the club and emailed them to congratulate them on such matters, these are the only times they ever respond.

As much as it would be hugely annoying the club may have very little choice.

Say sorry in your own time folks...  :thumbsup:

I sincerely apologise to all those affected by my response to a story posted here.

Much credit to yourself though for taking the time to highlight the error of our ways. Every single one us should collectively hang our heads in shame.

As a gesture of goodwill I am willing to donate a free tanning session for JC at one of George Street's many tanning salons.