Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

If AFC "bend over" then all other SPL clubs will apply the 5% as well, or else the SPL will surely step in.

The club is well aware of how unpopular this situation is.  People really ought not to believe what they read in the papers and get round to supporting the club.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why the f*ck are you moaning at the club when you take into account they've done nothing wrong yet?  ::)

If they had the balls like hearts falkirk or hibs and come out and say they are paying fuckall to the old firm then i would believe them

but because they have not im not so sure and i will keep thinking this untill it is confirmed either way

as for who do you believe the sunday mail or aberdeen personally i dont trust either of them as they have both been known to lie in the past..

maybe you need to grow up a bit mate there are a lot of people unhappy about this..

Unnecessarily.

I could understand it if people were uneasy about the idea of it, I am,  but until it happens maybe you should, I don't know, get a dictionary? Or maybe at least lay off the club until it actually does something you disagree with.

Perhaps you should be a little more concerned with the police who have insisted that current ticketing arrangements remain in place?

You believe the Sunday Mail as much as the club you support. Ok. Very supportive!

AFC have reintroduced categories.

The OF are category A and everyone else is category B.

:clap:

Only problem I have with that is our fans get punished for the OF's greed.

Some folk suggested they do this but then use the ticket as a coupon for reduced prices for the next home game.

In fact it's not my only problem as I'm still against the principle of having to pay the OF cash for the privilege of having that vermin in our stadium, on threat of violence.

oh and sauce?

ah ok, they are giving our fans a discount :thumbsup:

still paying the OF  >:D

7/10 though, and probably the best we could have hoped for :thumbsup:

Following on from the Club statement on 4 August Aberdeen Football Club today (Thursday 7th) announced that reluctantly they will follow the other SPL Clubs, and reintroduce categories for futureSPL fixtures with Old Firm games only designated category A and all other games at present being category B.

From the Celtic home fixture scheduled for 17 January 2009 onwards ticket prices in the South Stand for all category A games will be £1 higher than for category B games. However all purchasers of these category A tickets will be entitled to a £1 discount on the price of the category B game ticket for the South Stand.

This will be strictly on a one per person basis on tickets bought up to the day before the category B game. It must also be claimed within 2 category B games of the category A fixture. Even with the additional charge Old Firm fans will pay less for tickets at Pittodrie then Aberdeen fans pay when they travel to Glasgow and less then Old Firm fans pay for any other SPL venue. The move also ensures that the same level of charges apply to both sets of fans in the South Stand therefore complying with the SPL rules.

As a result of this Aberdeen FC will pay a 5 per cent levy to Celtic and Rangers on tickets sold by them for games at Pittodrie. Consequently Aberdeen FC will charge to the Celtic and Rangers a 5 per cent levy on tickets purchased by Aberdeen supporters for Celtic Park and Ibrox.

Should there be any future changes to the levy approach Aberdeen FC will review the situation at that point in time.

Commenting on this initiative Aberdeen Football Club managing director Duncan Fraser said "As a Club which, alongside the Old Firm have almost all away fixtures ticket only , we understand the time and cost issues that this results in. We however have decided against going down this route to ensure that we handle the distribution of all our away tickets.

Discussions with the both sidesof the Old Firm have been cordial throughout and both ourselves and Rangers agreed last week that they would sell the Pittodrie tickets prior to the clubs reaching any firm conclusions. That was why it was extremely disappointing and wholly inaccurate to suggest that we had "caved in".

At the very outset my aim was to ensure that both Aberdeen fans who regularly attend home games, whether as season ticket holders or purchasing for individual games were not out of pocket. I also wanted to ensure that the Club were cash neutral.The actions I have put in place will ensure that this is the case".

"We are now in the position to concentrate on the season ahead and look at the longer term strategic issues affecting not just Aberdeen but Scottish football at the top level in general".

I like this bit

Even with the additional charge Old Firm fans will pay less for tickets at Pittodrie then Aberdeen fans pay when they travel to Glasgow and less then Old Firm fans pay for any other SPL venue. The move also ensures that the same level of charges apply to both sets of fans in the South Stand therefore complying with the SPL rules.

So the huns can fuck off with their "diddy clubs rip us off" bullshit.

Is it also a wee dig at the OF questioning the legality of their demands?

Not caved in at all.

The rules state we have to charge the same for the SS for both home and away. So they have to do that but give the fans their pound back later, only people to lose out are the big game hunters and Huns in the wrong end.

Everybody wins.

Well done AFC.

Of course I could have miss read it all and we have been shafted!

Roll on Saturday!!!

This is probably about as much as we could have hoped for from this situation.

The Filth are still quids in, but at least that cash is coming out of their fans' giros, and not from our wages.

We'll still subsidise them slightly, I think: 5% of the ticket price is more than £1, unless the tickets are £20... I expected they would be closer to £25, but I could be wrong. If that was the case, I would have bumped the Category A prices up by £1.50 or £2.

This is probably about as much as we could have hoped for from this situation.

The Filth are still quids in, but at least that cash is coming out of their fans' giros, and not from our wages.

...which it always has, because previously they charged their fans a booking fee.

We'll still subsidise them slightly, I think: 5% of the ticket price is more than £1, unless the tickets are £20... I expected they would be closer to £25, but I could be wrong. If that was the case, I would have bumped the Category A prices up by £1.50 or £2.

But we're also charging them 5% now too, which will presumably make up the shortfall.  :thumbsup:

...of 100% of the ticket price increase.  :thumbsup:

...with the extra money we're talking from their fans.  :thumbsup:

10/10 from me, brilliant creative accounting AFC. Credit where its due.  :clap:

We're still essentially paying the OF £4,000 protection money for each Pittodrie fixture.

I can't say I'm happy about that, but I agree that this is as good as we could have hoped for and screws the OF fans while not actually costing us anything.

Well done afc, and I'm sure Hibs, United, Hearts and others will follow suit.

(but don't listen to me I'm just a moaning-faced tight-fisted Aberdonian cunt, living in Glasgow :thumbsup:)

But we're also charging them 5% now too, which will presumably make up the shortfall.  :thumbsup:

£1 is less than 5% of an away ticket, unless the away ticket costs less than £20, which I doubt.

They are still squeezing cash from us on this; it's just that we are squeezing some back from their fans. Essentially though, we're still going to be giving (slightly) away more than the extra raised by this £1 price rise. This will come from our club and not from the away ticket sales.

The situation as a whole though is far more preferable than it would be if we had capitulated immediately the way other clubs did. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Congratulations to AFC for at least having the fucking bottle to stand up to the Scum.