Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

This is just a scam.

No other way to describe this.

Their fans want tickets, we want to sell them. The huns now believe they are entitled to skim a 5% cut from it, it is nothing to do with their fans or facilities.

Interesting that this cunt who would have been better a blow job refuses to acknowledge that by skimming this cash from tickets sales the facilities he refers to as "lacking" will have less chance of improving.

What a complete fucking farce, I wish to fuck our board would grow a set on this and tell them to fucking sling it.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d love it just as much as the next Dons fan if our club told them to go fuck themselves, but at the same time I don’t think they need to unless the Huns refuse to pull the plug on the idea first.  Our club has to tackle this differently to the rest as we maybe more hit more financially by not paying the 5% than if we do.

Would you all be happier knowing we were paying more to Grampian police for policing games and having to pay for the damage done by Hun fans breaking seats out of our own pocket than paying the ‘insurance’ of 5% to the Huns and they pay the damages or take the blame for their supporters clubs?

Mark my words - Any damage, violence, coin throwing, banned songs, racist chanting, Nazi salutes, sectarian flag waving or similar, that emulates out of the away stand, would be down to “Aberdeen fans†or “non-Rangers fans†who infiltrated that part of the ground due to us selling tickets out with their ‘official’ ticketing structure, and well you all know it.

Personally, I think AFC are being mighty shrewd on this issue.

Then again, they’re probably just haven’t got round to tackling the problem yet.

Would you all be happier knowing we were paying more to Grampian police for policing games and having to pay for the damage done by Hun fans breaking seats out of our own pocket than paying the ‘insurance’ of 5% to the Huns and they pay the damages or take the blame for their supporters clubs?

All probably true but equally true is the principle at stake here that the old firm can just decide on a whim that they are not getting enough money, dress it up as a caring sharing move for their long suffering fans when in actual fact this is just an exercise in extortion, especially in view of the likely potential for a calamity at Pittodrie.

At it is distasteful particularly after that comment from the Head Flute.

Personally, I think AFC are being mighty shrewd on this issue.

Then again, they’re probably just haven’t got round to tackling the problem yet.

I agree with this, although I'd like to think that they DO have someone on the case.  Regardless of what you think of the board, they can't rush into a decision without serious consideration of all their options.  I as much as anyone would like for them to just turn round and tell the Old Firm to get to f*ck, but I don't think it's as easy at that, is it?  :-\

If, as I suspect, the board are scared that if they sell tickets then any potential trouble would lie at their feet, and not at those of the Old Firm, then fair play to them for taking their time on the matter.

What I would like to see is Aberdeen charging the Old Firm away fans 5% on top of their usual ticket price, so that it doesn't make any difference to the books.  ;D

Fans pay at gates all the time but their club is still taken to task for their actions

::)

Bit different when it's Aberdeen-Rangers though, isn't it?  Do they let you pay at the gate for these sorts of games?

Bit different when it's Aberdeen-Rangers though, isn't it?  Do they let you pay at the gate for these sorts of games?

Nope but SFA handbook states:

92.6 Each club MUST ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that its players, officials, supporters and any person exercising a function for or in connection with the club do not engage in Unacceptable Conduct at any club's ground on the occasion of a match.  Any failure by a club to discharge a requirement to which it is subject by virtue of Articles 92.5 and 92.6 shall constitute a breach of these articles.

So Rangers still responsible for their own fans behaviour and if AFC and other clubs sell direct to fans Rangers could well have problems from sectarianism for which they will have to answer.  Rangers really have to back down on this one for 2 reasons.  First being the above and second being their own fans in supporters clubs who normally get allocated these tickets will go mental at their own club over a few quid every year.

Nope but SFA handbook states:

92.6 Each club MUST ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that its players, officials, supporters and any person exercising a function for or in connection with the club do not engage in Unacceptable Conduct at any club's ground on the occasion of a match.  Any failure by a club to discharge a requirement to which it is subject by virtue of Articles 92.5 and 92.6 shall constitute a breach of these articles.

So Rangers still responsible for their own fans behaviour and if AFC and other clubs sell direct to fans Rangers could well have problems from sectarianism for which they will have to answer.  Rangers really have to back down on this one for 2 reasons.  First being the above and second being their own fans in supporters clubs who normally get allocated these tickets will go mental at their own club over a few quid every year.

I'm sure that rule is with regard to said club selling to its own fans though.  If Aberdeen decided to sell tickets to Old Firm fans then this rule wouldn't really stand.  A good lawyer would have loads of fun with it, put it that way...

I'm sure that rule is with regard to said club selling to its own fans though.  If Aberdeen decided to sell tickets to Old Firm fans then this rule wouldn't really stand.  A good lawyer would have loads of fun with it, put it that way...

How can it be when most games are NOT all ticket and regulated?

What I would like to see is Aberdeen charging the Old Firm away fans 5% on top of their usual ticket price, so that it doesn't make any difference to the books.  ;D

I like the sound of that. Was it Kilmarnock who hinted that may be what they are going to do?

92.6 Each club MUST ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that its players, officials, supporters and any person exercising a function for or in connection with the club do not engage in Unacceptable Conduct at any club's ground on the occasion of a match.

fail2it9.jpg

How can it be when most games are NOT all ticket and regulated?

Most games pass with no incidents. 

Can you just turn up at an away ground and buy a ticket for a game?

fail2it9.jpg

92.6 Each club MUST ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that its players, officials, supporters and any person exercising a function for or in connection with the club do not engage in Unacceptable Conduct at any club's ground on the occasion of a match.  Any failure by a club to discharge a requirement to which it is subject by virtue of Articles 92.5 and 92.6 shall constitute a breach of these articles

If Rangers aren't selling the tickets, they can claim they aren't responsible for whoever's hands the tickets end up in.  Reasonable practice would see them take the fall should they sell the ticket to someone who causes trouble, if they didn't sell the ticket though, they couldn't be held to task, could they?  :-\

Most games pass with no incidents. 

Can you just turn up at an away ground and buy a ticket for a game?

If Rangers aren't selling the tickets, they can claim they aren't responsible for whoever's hands the tickets end up in.  Reasonable practice would see them take the fall should they sell the ticket to someone who causes trouble, if they didn't sell the ticket though, they couldn't be held to task, could they?  :-\

It's their fans, they are there in connection with the club.

Simple solution as far as I see it would be to charge the extra 5% to the away fans.  

Due to the issues with stands & pricing, I believe that the rest of the south stand (home section) will also have to get an extra 5% put onto there ticket price.  The solution to this is that it will be refunded upon production of the ticket at the next home game. i.e. the refund would come off the price of the ticket & hopefully the next home gate would be higher.

AFC dont fuck over their fans.

RFC fans get charged for their clubs greed.

More AFC fans at the next home game.

Everyone's a winner.

Except huns who can fuck off and die.

It's their fans, they are there in connection with the club.

I'm aware of that, but when it comes down to it, the accountability of any issue that were to arise with those fans wouldn't lie solely at the feet of Rangers.  They would, theoretically speaking, have the right to say that Aberdeen have to take some blame as well, as they sold the ticket.  In court, they'd have a pretty good case if you ask me.  As much as I hate to say it...

Put the boot on the other foot, and let's say that Aberdeen were saying the same to the Old Firm, give us 5% as we sell your tickets.  They then tell Aberdeen to get stuffed, and that they'll sell the tickets to Aberdeen fans.  Next Aberdeen-Rangers game at Ibrox sees a handful of Aberdeen fans kick-off and cause a bit of trouble in the away end.

Would that be Aberdeen's fault?  Would you accept Aberdeen being punished for Rangers selling tickets to moronic fans?  I for one couldn't see how Aberdeen would be held accountable.

As I've said already, add the 5% onto the price of the Old Firm fans tickets.   ;D

Simple solution as far as I see it would be to charge the extra 5% to the away fans. 

Due to the issues with stands & pricing, I believe that the rest of the south stand (home section) will also have to get an extra 5% put onto there ticket price.  The solution to this is that it will be refunded upon production of the ticket at the next home game. i.e. the refund would come off the price of the ticket & hopefully the next home gate would be higher.

AFC dont fuck over their fans.

RFC fans get charged for their clubs greed.

More AFC fans at the next home game.

Everyone's a winner.

Except huns who can fuck off and die.

Sounds like a superb idea to me  :thumbsup:

It doesn't matter what I think, the rules are pretty clear.

That said, those rules are written on the basis of the current ticketing arrangements. The huns are being desperately cuntish about this.

What do you think I've been speaking against?

What do you think I've been speaking against?

As I posted that I thought that maybe the current ticketing arrangements (databases etc) may be as a result of the laws, not the other way around, makes more sense ie if you are responsible for the behaviour of your fans in any ground then perhaps you should control the supply of tickets. 

As I posted that I thought that maybe the current ticketing arrangements (databases etc) may be as a result of the laws, not the other way around, makes more sense ie if you are responsible for the behaviour of your fans in any ground then perhaps you should control the supply of tickets.   

If we take over the job of issuing tickets to Rangers fans, they can then theoretically take the stance that we're responsible for any trouble that may arise.  Of course, they'll still have some sort of accountability, but it'll be easier for them to distance themselves away from it.  Just as they did in Manchester during the UEFA cup final.

The rule you posted with regard to CURRENT ticketing arrangements, and which you also used to point out that I'd failed, did nothing but back up my point.

So, you fail  :wave:

So, you fail  :wave:

No.

Clubs have a responsibility for their fans behaviour no matter the source of the tickets, within the ground, if, in the case of Manchester, the club concerned wishes to abdicate that responsibility and create a shitstorm of nonsense and bollocks that is up to them, they will still be held responsible for the events in the ground.

Clubs have a responsibility for their fans behaviour no matter the source of the tickets, within the ground, if, in the case of Manchester, the club concerned wishes to abdicate that responsibility and create a shitstorm of nonsense and bollocks that is up to them, they will still be held responsible for the events in the ground.

That said, those rules are written on the basis of the current ticketing arrangements.

As I said earlier, I don't think those rules were written on the basis of current ticketing arrangements, more the other way around.

I don't think they were written on the basis of current ticketing arrangements either, but the rules/regulations would cover the way that things are run.  If there's a change in the way things will be run, then the rules/regulations would need to be altered as well, hence why it's not as simple as saying yes or no.

Essentially, this is a contract/agreement between all the clubs in the SPL, and there's now a proposal from the Old Firm to change this agreement.  The other member clubs will then need to see if this affects the current rules/regulations that are in place covering their agreement.  Which I believe it undoubtedly will.

Wonder if the club would consider refusing to sell any tickets to OF fans for our home games.

Inform Grampian's finest - no away fans, you'll need less presence, can we have a reduction in your fee?

Try to entice back those AFC fans who stay away from OF games because of the worries about trouble.

If that could come out to be even close to cost neutral for the club, they might consider it.  Are we compelled to have away fans?