Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't think it would be worth the hassle for them

5% of 4000 ticket at £20 a pop would earn them a measly £4000. And if they were to claim a share of the income, presumably, they'd have to incur an equivalent share of the cost of policing, stewarding and paying for pie sellers, etc too?

You wouldn't think it would be worth the hassle for them

5% of 4000 ticket at £20 a pop would earn them a measly £4000. And if they were to claim a share of the income, presumably, they'd have to incur an equivalent share of the cost of policing, stewarding and paying for pie sellers, etc too?

Does seem daft to antagonise the other clubs (always said they were just opposite ends of the same shitty stick) for not a lot of cash.

It really is fucking scandalous that they have the fucking neck to even try pulling this shite.

If all the clubs will agree to this, we are going to make more money because we have a higher away attendance then we have a away attendance that visit us.

I may be wrong but isn't it just rangers and celtic that are trying to get this 5% handling charge, so we wont be making any money from our away attendance. 

I may be wrong but isn't it just rangers and celtic that are trying to get this 5% handling charge, so we wont be making any money from our away attendance. 

Yea, I think your right. Rangers and Celtic are fucking cunts  :haterangers::finger: Celtic :finger: :finger: :finger:

If this goes ahead we might as well all pack up and head home.

Are the 12 spl clubs not all meant to be "competing"? Why then do 10 of them repeatedly bend over to take it from the "big" 2.

I can see the gutless fucks that are the other teams in the SPL agreeing to this.

Only club that might resist is Hearts... but our own club?  They'll take the full length in the arse.

I can see the gutless fucks that are the other teams in the SPL agreeing to this.

Only club that might resist is Hearts... but our own club?  They'll take the full length in the arse.

Romanov will tell them to swing and rightly so!

I'm already looking forward to his response to this. Mentalist.  ;D

fuck you OF!!

:thumbsup:

Falkirk F.C. have decided that all tickets for the forthcoming SPL match with Rangers on Saturday, August 9, will be sold locally…>>

The decision was made after both Rangers and Celtic stated an intent to impose a five per cent levy on the tickets they sold to their own supporters for away matches throughout season 2008-09.

Falkirk FC, however, have resisted the move by the Old Firm to charge for providing such a service and, in a change to normal procedure, will facilitate the sale of North and North East Stand tickets to away supporters.

Managing director George Craig explained the change in procedure, “Since we returned to the SPL in season 2005-06, it was always the preference of all concerned that the away club would facilitate the sale of tickets to their own supporters."

"Recently, along with all other clubs in the league, we received letters from Rangers and Celtic informing us that if we wished them to continue to provide this service then a five per cent handling fee would be charged to the home club.â€

"Over a season this would mean that a considerable amount of Falkirk FC gate revenue, which has already been allocated to the playing budget, would have to be re-directed.Therefore, we have decided not to take up this offer and we will in future co-ordinate the sale of tickets for home matches involving the Old Firm. We also hope that by having tickets available for the away sections we will minimise the instances of home tickets being bought by visiting supporters, which has caused problems in the past." 

The Club has now teamed up with The Falkirk Herald, their official media partners, to ensure that the bulk of tickets for the opening game of the new campaign will be made available to Rangers supporters who live in the local area.The sale will initially be by postal application.

This week’s edition of The Falkirk Herald (available from usual outlets on Thursday, July 24) will include a special application coupon.

Away fans who wish to attend the match are asked to complete the coupon and return it to the club by 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 31.

Applications can be made for a maximum of four tickets and FULLY COMPLETED* coupons should be returned to the Stadium, accompanied by the correct remittance and a stamped addressed envelope.

They will be processed on receipt and successful applicants will receive their tickets in the post in good time for the match. Should there be over subscription then any unsuccessful applicants will receive a full refund.

However, any tickets which remain unsold following the postal phase of the sale will go on general sale on Tuesday, August 5, at 10 a.m. from the Stadium ticket office. The general sale will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, August 8.

Guest swaddon

Good on them.

Surely this sort of rule change would have to go to a vote by the SPL clubs, and don't they need a majority of 8-4 for things to be passed? I really can't see six other clubs going for it.

Or am I being sily, and forgetting that the Old Firm are Scottish Football, and they can do what they hell they like?

lets tell them we're charging them 10% for selling our tickets then - sorted!

I can't even get my head round what they want us to do... if we were to try the same stunt, it would mean that aberdeen would charge rangers and celtic for selling the tickets for our section down there  ???

I can't for the life of me think that this happens in any other country in the world.

Been a while since the league's had a square off with the old firm though - Bring It On!

got to love how these two supposed rivals constantly join forces to try and bully their way to more cash.  Have the OF ever NOT voted together at a SPL meeting.  One and the same.

Good on them.

Surely this sort of rule change would have to go to a vote by the SPL clubs, and don't they need a majority of 8-4 for things to be passed? I really can't see six other clubs going for it.

Or am I being sily, and forgetting that the Old Firm are Scottish Football, and they can do what they hell they like?

I think they were just going to introduce it unilaterally.

Guest swaddon

10-2 for things to be passed is it not?

I know it used to be 11-1, which is how Rangers and Celtic managed to knacker the idea of SPL TV six years ago which led to the 'rebel 10' resigning from the league.

Interesting, if slightly paranoid take from an Accies fan on P&B

Ranger and Celtic have major problems with their away support.

By charging the 5% levy they know that clubs wont give them the cash and will distribute the tickets themselves. Therefore, when the OF fans cause bother both clubs will say it has nothing to do with them. This is nothing to do with money it is trying to wash their hands of their own problem by endangering even more the 'good' name of Scottish footbal. They are playing games with public safey here. For Rangers the stakes are particularly high due to the recent problem.

I admire Falkirk but i think they might be walking into the trap set for them by the OF. Let the OF sell the tickets and just add a booking fee to the cost

Same and pretty sure that it is.

Good on Falkirk though, now lets wait and see what we do for the filth later in the same month.

what ever they tell us presumably.

AFC will be shitting it that either dons fans or the type of scum seen in Manchester get their hands on tickets for the Rangers end.  The afc board seem to view us all as potential holligans and frankly can't stand us so I just can't see them taking the same kind of action which surely increases the risk of trouble.

Since when has anyone at Aberdeen seen the Old Firm as big brother?

Probably since the original Setanta TV deal at least.  Clubs have SPL TV plan but old firm want more money and pull the plug on it.  They come back with Irish TV company and want most of the money between themselves and other clubs lie down and accept it just to get their few extra pounds from the deal.  The old firm have the rest of the clubs by the bollocks and normally nobody wants to upset them but this nonsense is a step too far and well done Falkirk and hope the rest follow suit, leaving Rangers and Celtic to face the wrath of their own fans.