Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

Wonder if the club would consider refusing to sell any tickets to OF fans for our home games.

Inform Grampian's finest - no away fans, you'll need less presence, can we have a reduction in your fee?

Try to entice back those AFC fans who stay away from OF games because of the worries about trouble.

If that could come out to be even close to cost neutral for the club, they might consider it.  Are we compelled to have away fans?

Unfortunately, yeah.

It wasn't long ago that Willie Miller was in the papers saying that unless more Aberdeen fans turned out, then they'd consider giving them the whole of the South Stand.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple solution is to add 10 or 15% on to the cost of tickets issued to the Huns.

Just to show we can play silly fuckers as well as they can.

That'll cover the cost of the 5%, the Huns GET their 5%, we make MORE cash and the Huns fans get stiffed thanks to the actions of their own club.

Everyone wins.

From an Aberdeen point of view.

Simple solution is to add 10 or 15% on to the cost of tickets issued to the Huns.

Just to show we can play silly fuckers as well as they can.

That'll cover the cost of the 5%, the Huns GET their 5%, we make MORE cash and the Huns fans get stiffed thanks to the actions of their own club.

Everyone wins.

From an Aberdeen point of view.

Trouble is Aberdeen fans would have to pay the same amount for tickets as the filth, less the handling charge, obviously.

Trouble is Aberdeen fans would have to pay the same amount for tickets as the filth, less the handling charge, obviously.

I don't think it's illegal to offer a rebate to people who purchase tickets for the home sections.

So you make the face value the same as the Huns, but you get an instant rebate when you purchase a ticket for anywhere in the home sections.  So the face value is 25 quid, but the instant rebate just so happens to be the exact amount that the price of the ticket has risen.

Unfortunately rebates don't count for away sections, since there's a greater degree of clean-up required after Old Firm fans visit, meaning rebates are, 'sadly' impossible due to overheads.

Or, rebates only apply to tickets purchased at Pittodrie... and since we don't sell tickets to the away support, no rebates apply to tickets sold by the Old Firm.

But if the Old Firm want to eat the cost of offering THEIR supporters rebates, then by all means do so.

All that means is that the 5% they're charging us goes back to their support and they make not one penny.

If we take over the job of issuing tickets to Rangers fans, they can then theoretically take the stance that we're responsible for any trouble that may arise.  Of course, they'll still have some sort of accountability, but it'll be easier for them to distance themselves away from it.  Just as they did in Manchester during the UEFA cup final.

The rule you posted with regard to CURRENT ticketing arrangements, and which you also used to point out that I'd failed, did nothing but back up my point.

So, you fail  :wave:

By this logic if we all go on the rampage at Motherwell in a few weeks time then it will be Motherwell FC's responsibility as they will have issued us tickets at the gate.

Incidentally according to the bbc, Falkirk, United, Hearts and Hibs are all going to issue tickets to OF directly rather than pay the OF ticket tax.  If hearts and hibs can do this against the OF (hardly low risk matches) then I don't see why we can't.

I do understand the stance that ?? ? is taking but the only way of beating this is by playing hard ball and calling the OFs bluff. If all ten SPL clubs say Fuck off we will quickly hear the end of this

Can't we just let the OF sell the tickets as normal but reject their proposal?

There must be some sort of agreement/contract in place that would prevent a company withholding payment from another company without the consent of the supplying company?

I don't think it's illegal to offer a rebate to people who purchase tickets for the home sections.

So you make the face value the same as the Huns, but you get an instant rebate when you purchase a ticket for anywhere in the home sections.  So the face value is 25 quid, but the instant rebate just so happens to be the exact amount that the price of the ticket has risen.

Unfortunately rebates don't count for away sections, since there's a greater degree of clean-up required after Old Firm fans visit, meaning rebates are, 'sadly' impossible due to overheads.

Or, rebates only apply to tickets purchased at Pittodrie... and since we don't sell tickets to the away support, no rebates apply to tickets sold by the Old Firm.

But if the Old Firm want to eat the cost of offering THEIR supporters rebates, then by all means do so.

All that means is that the 5% they're charging us goes back to their support and they make not one penny.

Exactly my thoughts....

as I mentioned earlier, there would probably be an increased home gate as well in the games following RFC games as folk would probably want to reclaim their money...

The key to this is the voucher/refund system (a) being in place (otherwise AFC are fucking their fans over again..) and (b) to vouchers being non-refundable to Huns.

Its not rocket science!

some more priceless quotes from Bain:

The Rangers Chief Executive hopes that those who choose to sell to Old Firm fans directly will ensure that they take all the responsibilities which accompany this decision.

He said: "The SPL guidelines are such that every person who buys a ticket has to supply their name and address, and I now look to the SPL to ensure that while these other clubs have taken it upon themselves to sell these tickets that they record all these details. That said, it is unfortunate that I won't have the same level of awareness of whom the tickets are now being sold to.

Basically the Huns are saying:

"Give us 5%.  If not you can sell the tickets yourself but our fans are likely to rip up your stadium.  It will of course be all your fault and despite they fact they all wear Rangers shirts, sing rangers songs and cheer rangers goals they are nothing to do with us"

It is the SPL equivalent of "gie us your dinner money or I'll batter you"

How dignified.

Just get the feeling that AFC are going to work out that 4000 x £21 = £84,000 and that 5% is just £4200 and think it is just not worth the hassle of Huns phoning/turning up at Pittodrie for tickets and give in and pay it.

But Falkirk have the right idea making it postal applications only.

Why dont AFC bypass RFC & deal direct with the rangers supporters clubs?

Stipulate that they are responsible for the actions of their members who they allocate tickets to.

AFC would know which supporters club had which tickets.

This would encourage each RSC to ensure better behaviour in order to not lose allocation, or get bigger future allocation.

Why dont AFC bypass RFC & deal direct with the rangers supporters clubs?

Stipulate that they are responsible for the actions of their members who they allocate tickets to.

AFC would know which supporters club had which tickets.

This would encourage each RSC to ensure better behaviour in order to not lose allocation, or get bigger future allocation.

The old firm are going to win either way here. Folk either pay it or they no longer have the hassle of distributing tickets for away fixtures.  :hammer:

By this logic if we all go on the rampage at Motherwell in a few weeks time then it will be Motherwell FC's responsibility as they will have issued us tickets at the gate.

The simple fact is, if any club decides to take over the sale of tickets to away fans, they WILL assume some responsibility for any trouble those fans cause.

united cave in, expect a similar statement from afc in the coming days/weeks

CELTIC TICKET ARRANGEMENTS31 July 2008

Dundee United has today advised Celtic FC that it has been left with no choice but to accept the imposition of new charges in respect of ticket sales for the forthcoming fixture between the two clubs at Tannadice on 17 August. However, Celtic will receive a reduced number of tickets to distribute, with an increased number of away tickets being made available for purchase at Tannadice.

A club spokesman said, "We are very disappointed at the way this matter has been conducted from the start, with no attempt at discussion or negotiation. Having looked at all the practical options available to us, we have reluctantly accepted the new arrangements.

"This decision was taken principally as a result of being informed that unless we did so, Celtic FC would take no tickets at all for this game. While we recognise that Celtic FC are entitled to run their business as they see fit, such action could result in a potential loss of income of over £100,000 for this game.

"At a time when it is well known that all provincial football clubs are under severe financial pressure and that strict budgets have just been completed for the year ahead, the loss of this income – and from other fixtures involving the Old Firm - could be catastrophic to a club such as Dundee United. The Board has a duty to ensure the financial well being of Dundee United and could not afford to take this risk.

"At this late stage prior to ticket sales commencing therefore, the choices left to us were either to bear the cost of these additional charges ourselves or to recoup them by increasing the ticket price. As we had no desire to impose a financial penalty on supporters - both visiting and home supporters – to meet these new third party charges, we have decided to bear the cost on this occasion and review matters in early course."

Dundee United will commence selling tickets for this game to home and away supporters on Friday, 1 August. Tickets will be available from the Club Shop, Dundee United Direct, Tannadice Street, Dundee or by phone 01382 833166

united cave in, expect a similar statement from afc in the coming days/weeks

Gutless fucks.

There's no more to be said about these people.

If AFC follows suit they'll never see another penny from me.

Gutless fucks.

There's no more to be said about these people.

If AFC follows suit they'll never see another penny from me.

I'm getting more and more angry about this by the day.

I already have my ST and being the sucker I am will be backing the team every chance I get in the next year but the board really do nothing to encourage this blind support.

I don't suppose there is anything that we as fans can do that will distract the board attention from the £10,000s to be made from OF fans.  We might as well hand over our vote in the SPL to the OF at the same time as we give them their 5% ticket tax :hammer:>:D >:D

What would the non old-firm teams loose if they all stood together and refused any old-firm supporters entry for the first home meeting between each of themselves and Rangers or Celtic? i.e no away tickets to the old firm for the first 11 games.

Surely they would make some back by selling these tickets to home fans. Presumably a loss, how long would it take to make that loss back as compared to loosing 5% of the income on home gates every game, until they decide they need to charge 10% or 15%. There is no way Rangers and Celtic travelling support will be happy about not going to away games, and surely would kick up enough stink to get their clubs to drop the idea.

Rangers already have our tickets so I don't think we could sell them ourselves if we wanted to. However, I can't see how they are legally able to withhold money from us without our prior consent.

Kind of wondered that too but thought that if they were to get the 5% they would have mentioned it before we sent them the tickets, in which case we will presumably have to take it because by sending them the tickets we would be seen to be entering into that contract. However if it wasn't mentioned till after we sent them the tickets we would be able to invoice for the full amount and expect to be paid it.

Rangers already have our tickets so I don't think we could sell them ourselves if we wanted to. However, I can't see how they are legally able to withhold money from us without our prior consent.

Someone on another site suggested there is a SPL rule which states that the Home team keeps ALL the money from SPL matches, therefore surely the OF have to pay us in full for all the tickets they sell.  They seem to want a 5% rebate on this, but can we not just refuse to send them the cheque, while we have the SPL rule book to ensure they pay up, in full.  I guess it isn't as simple as that or Falkirk, Hearts and Hibs wouldn't have gone to the trouble of selling tickets themselves.

Incidentally the hun end has sold out for the Falkirk v Rangers match, with NO 5% paid. Take note afc.

Do you think Rangers and Celtic will try the same trick with away tickets for the Eurpoean games, assuming Rangers get past their next game.

'I, OK Barac, Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid.... we will sell these 3,500 tickets for you but we will charge you a 5% handling fee for the pleasure of us sending 3,500 Neds to your wonderful city and stadium.'

Tossers!