Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

Kind of wondered that too but thought that if they were to get the 5% they would have mentioned it before we sent them the tickets, in which case we will presumably have to take it because by sending them the tickets we would be seen to be entering into that contract. However if it wasn't mentioned till after we sent them the tickets we would be able to invoice for the full amount and expect to be paid it.

You're totally right, hence why I'm thinking that we've NOT yet agreed to anything, as the only way they can amend the contract is with written consent (or something to that effect) from Aberdeen.  To get the process rolling, Rangers would've needed to write to us with their proposals to change the contract, which they've done.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen hold off a bit longer.

On another note, has anyone worked out the financial pros and cons for either situation unfolding, with regard to us accepting/rejecting the proposal?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old firm have every cunt over a barrel on this and they know it. :hammer:

I don't think they do, though.

I can't see any way in which a club like Aberdeen can't simply raise the price of ALL tickets by 5%, then offer instant rebates to Aberdeen fans.

Any rebate on tickets sold by the OF would be the responsibility of the OF. 

That way the price of tickets to ALL fans is the same, but it would be up to the individual clubs to offer rebates on the tickets they sell to their fans.

This way the OF get their 5%, but the OF fans themselves are funding it, not Aberdeen and not Aberdeen fans.

AFC hasn't broken any rules, because ALL fans are paying the same prices... it's just that AFC offers its fans cash back. 

Of course this could VERY easily be remedied by AFC simply saying, "Fuck you" to the Old Firm, and showing it has the balls to stand up to these wretched fucks.

But one thing Aberdeen Football Club has in no quantity at all is balls.

I fully expect them to comply with the orders of the OF.

Wouldn't it just be easier if we sold them all the tickets we normally do at £20 each, then when they sell them to their fans they do it at £21 each?

They get their 5%

We don't lose any money

Their fans get ripped off

I'm sure it wouldn't be any harder for them to write £20 + booking fee on the tickets?

Wouldn't it just be easier if we sold them all the tickets we normally do at £20 each, then when they sell them to their fans they do it at £21 each?

They get their 5%

We don't lose any money

Their fans get ripped off

I'm sure it wouldn't be any harder for them to write £20 + booking fee on the tickets?

My understanding is that they already do this and that the 5% is an extra charge to be footed by us rather than their fans

I don't see the point of Aberdeen selling the tickets themselves - surely that just increases our administration costs

Could make the match pay at the gate but I doubt the police would allow it

Celtic have been surprisingly quiet about the whole affair

I presume they will be charging each other too ..............

Gutless fucks.

There's no more to be said about these people.

If AFC follows suit they'll never see another penny from me.

Agree me and my 2 sons wont be back

I only go to half the home games per season and a handfull of the away ones but also buy from the club shop so they will lose out not me 

In fact i feel so bad about this im going to email aberdeen and complain

hell i will even post a link to this thread if hebrew removes that hidious banner  ;D

Well if you believe what the Hunday Mail prints, then surprise, surprise, we've given in to the Brothers Grim yet again.

What a buch of gutless fucks ::)

ABERDEEN have caved in to Rangers' demand for a five per cent ticket handling fee because Dons security chiefs feared a repeat of crowd trouble that has marred the fixture in previous years.

Gers travel to Pittodrie in the third game of the SPL season on August 23 with the Old Firm ticket row still rumbling on.

The Glasgow clubs have outraged other top-flight rivals by asking for commission when selling away briefs to their own fans.

Falkirk, who host Rangers in Saturday's league opener, refused and instead flogged tickets directly to Light Blues supporters.

Hearts and Hibs have vowed to do the same but the rest are starting to break ranks.

Dundee United backed down when Celtic threatened a ticket boycott which would have cost the Arabs around s100,000.

Now Dons have followed suit but safety rather than cash is their biggest concern.

Managing director Duncan Fraser said: "We have security and distribution arrangements that are unique to games against the Old Firm.

"In the last five or six years those matches have passed almost without incident and only minimal arrests if any.

"So we felt it was best that Rangers continue to distribute the away tickets."

Grampian Police would be unlikely to allow Dons to risk home fans infiltrating the visitors' section in what is already a powderkeg clash.

The clubs have a history of bad blood and former Gers striker Mark Hateley was once attacked by a supporter while players from both teams have been hit by missiles hurled from the crowd.

Riot police had to take to the field in 2002 and a female Aberdeen fan was banned for life in 2005 for spitting at Fernando Ricksen.

But both clubs have worked hard to stamp out the trouble and don't want to compromise safety.

The move will delight Rangers season ticket holders who lost first option on away tickets for the Bairns clash.

Despite their stance Dons still aren't happy but know security is the priority.

An insider said: "We don't want a situation where there could be trouble in the away end and Rangers say 'It's nothing to do with us.'"

What a farce. The club is run by a bunch of clowns. Have sent them an email informing them of the damage they are doing to the club and they are turning Aberdeen fans off from attending games etc... I don't expect a response. I've only ever received one reply, funnily enough when I was praising the club...

Seriously folks, and I'm as f*cked off as anyone, what else could Aberdeen have done here?

As is pointed out in that article, the police would never let the club risk home fans getting into the away end.  The biggest problem the club have is the hatred held between both sets of fans, no two clubs in Scotland have what we and Rangers have.

The Old Firm are a total shower of c*nts.  Why have the SPL not came out in support of the majoity here?  It's a f*cking joke.

[quote author=??? link=topic=5253.msg77011#msg77011 date= 1217774345]

Seriously folks, and I'm as f*cked off as anyone, what else could Aberdeen have done here?

As is pointed out in that article, the police would never let the club risk home fans getting into the away end.  The biggest problem the club have is the hatred held between both sets of fans, no two clubs in Scotland have what we and Rangers have.

The Old Firm are a total shower of c*nts.  Why have the SPL not came out in support of the majoity here?  It's a f*cking joke.

:clap:

Imagine:    "Don's fans in Pittodrie riot at hun game...........due to AFC not agreeing to allow the glorious rangers to sell tickets as they please Pittodrie has been closed sine die...."

Get the picture?

We are unfortunately "over a barrell" here.....due to the SPL/SFA ball-less attitude to all things of

have not had a reply to my email yet but falkirk,hibs and hearts dont think they are over a barrel

I say it again gutless fucks taking it up the arse like that..

I have also emailed the local press might stirr things up a bit

anyone else pissed off then email feedback@afc.co.uk or the press and journal at pj.sport@ajl.co.uk

No real surprise.

It may have been cutting off our nose to spite our face but I'd rather we just told them they could have 5% of no tickets.  As Al says 5% is just the start and really the "10" should have come out together against this instead of allowing Falkirk to be the guinea pigs.  I also notice the press's take on this is not that undesirable (well more undesirable) huns might get the their hands on tickets and rather that we all might try and pile into the away end....no which do you think would be more likely?

afc

celtic

rangers

spl

sunday mail

what a bunch of cunts

Celtic may have us 'over a barrel' but Rangers don't. Nae cunt wants to see us play Celtic, but we could easily fill Pittodrie for a Hun fixture with our own fans. Tell Rangers that if they don't drop this demand, they're gettin no tickets.

Typical lack of ambition from the AFC board. I for one, won't be going to any games this season.

Celtic may have us 'over a barrel' but Rangers don't. Nae cunt wants to see us play Celtic, but we could easily fill Pittodrie for a Hun fixture with our own fans. Tell Rangers that if they don't drop this demand, they're gettin no tickets.

Typical lack of ambition from the AFC board. I for one, won't be going to any games this season.

What the f*ck has this to do with ambition?

have not had a reply to my email yet but falkirk,hibs and hearts dont think they are over a barrel

I say it again gutless fucks taking it up the arse like that..

I have also emailed the local press might stirr things up a bit

anyone else pissed off then email feedback@afc.co.uk or the press and journal at pj.sport@ajl.co.uk

I would have liked AFC to flick the sticks and told the pair of them where to go but the board will feel they have little or no choice. The cops will have exerted pressure and as pissed off as I am at the perceived bottling of the situation by our board, it's difficult to see what else they could have done that would have been both cost effective and "in the interests of safety".

It should be remembered that its the OF that are the absolute cunts here.

Oh I dunno, perhaps the ambition for Aberdeen Football Club to exist outwith the shadow cast by the Old Firm...

::)

I would have liked AFC to flick the sticks and told the pair of them where to go but the board will feel they have little or no choice. The cops will have exerted pressure and as pissed off as I am at the perceived bottling of the situation by our board, it's difficult to see what else they could have done that would have been both cost effective and "in the interests of safety".

:clap:

Exactly as I said a few posts back.  There's nothing they could've done, especially in the case of the Rangers games as we can't afford to not take money from their away support and can't afford to take the risk of selling tickets by ourselves.  It f*cking pains me to say it but the board had no option. 

I'll ask again, and this is aimed at those who are blaming the club for this, what else could they realistically, and seriously, have done?

It should be remembered that its the OF that are the absolute cunts here.

Along with the SPL who seemed to have stayed silent on it.  It's a f*cking joke.  F*cking ridiculous and has just shown again how much freedom the Old Firm get in Scotland.  F*cking arseholes

5% this season

what happens when the greedy b*stards come back next season wanting more?

lets face it if they get away with it once they'll do it again. the SPL should be putting a stop to this but as usual the yellow b*stards are bending over to take it up the arse from the old firm. what next, the Old Firm Premier League? with all of the rest of us paying to be part of it. we should kick the greedy cunts out of the league and/or start up a new league without them. yes it would cost us f*uckin loads but with no league to play in, they greedy cunts would go out of business.

the whole idea of this is absolutely sickening, do David Murray and Martin Bain not have enough ivory dildo's already?

>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D