Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked what they realistically, and seriously should have done?  ;)

the 10 clubs should have made a statement weeks ago and called the OF's bluff.  If all 10 clubs said that they would sell tickets directly to OF fans, they could even have come to some arrangement between them all to reduce costs, rather than giving the OF any tickets to sell themselves we wouldn't be having this debate.

Their own fans would have rebelled as supporters clubs, ST holders etc would no longer have priority for away games and the OF would have relented.

Instead we have 10 clubs making it up as they go along with the result being the OF will get their way and we end up paying them for the privilege of their presence in our grounds.

It's all very well rationalising it as you have done but once the principal has been accepted Bain, Murray and their pals at parkhead will be looking for further ways of "maximising" their income, from us.

And don't forget the SPL is the clubs. AFC are just as much to blame as anyone else

And don't forget the SPL is the clubs. AFC are just as much to blame as anyone else

No they aren't. The SPL/SFA have a responsibility to sort this shite out, the OF have extorted money from us. But there should be a reciprocal charge, albeit for 9 hunner tickets the other way or perhaps we should be insisting now upon more tickets for the hunnery.

No they aren't. The SPL/SFA have a responsibility to sort this shite out, the OF have extorted money from us. But there should be a reciprocal charge, albeit for 9 hunner tickets the other way or perhaps we should be insisting now upon more tickets for the hunnery.

There shouldn't be any money changing hands.

As you say the huns have extorted money from us, it hardly solves the problem by simply repeating the offence ourselves.

Talking to you is like bullying a spastic.

Soon you'll go mental and press capslock, then I'll know you're really angry.  And if I still don't get scared, you'll send me a PM.  Grrr...

The way of the samurai keyboard warrior.

:finger:

Absolute disgraceful from AFC.

Also CHOSE to speak to the much hated Glasgow press whilst not telling AFC fans through their official site.

Huge double own goal and think they will feel the backlash in many many ways.

Never before has the gap between the club and the fans been so wide.  Maybe a fans rep on the board is the way forward?

Also CHOSE to speak to the much hated Glasgow press whilst not telling AFC fans through their official site.

:doh:

Never before has the gap between the club and the fans been so wide.  Maybe a fans rep on the board is the way forward?

You're spot on.

No explanation to the Aberdeen fans, no official statement... just agreement to do whatever the OF demand, and the fans can fucking lump it if they don't like it.

The funniest thing is that they could have released a statement through their website saying they'll comply with the OF demands, but they'll be looking at restructuring ticket prices.  This could very, very easily be resolved with rebates, meaning the Huns own fans are the ones getting fucked over.

And what Dons fan wouldn't be delighted at the club fucking over Hun supporters.

They could have turned this into a spectacular 40 yard overhead volley of a PR triumph.

Instead... they look like the cunts they so clearly are by acting as if it's fuck all to do with the fans.  The people who keep them in a job, no less.

I'd like to think they misjudged the response... but the truth is they just don't give a fuck.

I would like to say I'm surprised AFC are apparently not opposing this, however I'm not. Their silence has been deafening.

100% a fucking disgrace if they just roll over and accept this  :hammer:

Stringent ID rules for the purchase of tickets by the OF for Pittodrie should make it easy to trace those responsible for any trouble/vandalism/inappropriate singing etc, so the "It wisnae us but" attempt by OF at distancing themselves would be a huge failure.

Let's hope your source is wrong glasgow sheep or I suspect our average attendance will be down by even more than our ST sales apparently are 

My initial response to OF "proposal, so I totally agree K9 with what you say below  :clap:

Never before has the gap between the club and the fans been so wide. 

To release the news in the weegie press just shows how totally out of touch AFC are with their fans.

To imply it would be AFC fans that would try to cause trouble (by getting tickets for the away end) and that's the reason for deciding to pay the 5% is just another kick in the teeth to their own fans.

I was still undecided about renewing my ST. I'm not now.

Maybe that makes me not a real fan in some peoples' view, but I don't really care.

I am sick fed up of AFC making unkept promises and blaming their own fans for various things. I'm in no doubt that AFC will have someone reading the fans views here and on other internet chat rooms, so they will know our thoughts on this issue (and others) which are clearly being totally ignored.

Talking of clearly being totally ignored.... just like any email I have ever sent AFC, and from reading other posts seems I'm not alone in this  :hammer:

I posted this last night  ... "Agree too many people apathetic and not prepared to take a stand on any issue in society in general, however I don't see boycotting the huns game at home as an effective way of protesting as it would obviously result in less income for Aberdeen FC.

Surely boycotting Iprix would be a better option ??. I assume huns would lose more than what the 5% of their Pittodrie allocation would be (? circa £4200)"

What are others thoughts on this?.

I haven't been to Iprix before (I'm too feart!).

How many tickets we get for Iprix and how much is a ticket?

I posted this last night  ... "Agree too many people apathetic and not prepared to take a stand on any issue in society in general, however I don't see boycotting the huns game at home as an effective way of protesting as it would obviously result in less income for Aberdeen FC.

Surely boycotting Iprix would be a better option ??. I assume huns would lose more than what the 5% of their Pittodrie allocation would be (? circa £4200)"

What are others thoughts on this?.

I haven't been to Iprix before (I'm too feart!).

How many tickets we get for Iprix and how much is a ticket?

My thoughts on this are that the ONLY effective way of protesting AFC is to hit them in the pocket.

Anything else will be ignored.

Not spending money on the club will ALSO be largely ignored, initially, but if enough people are pissed off to the extent that significant numbers of supporters withdraw their financial support for the club then the club will eventually be forced to acknowledge us rather than ignoring us with their typical arrogant silence.

Can you imagine any other industry where you register a complaint and are simply ignored?

I mean, their sheer arrogance is breathtaking.  They don't even deem the support as worth their while to even acknowledge us?  I haven't sent them an EMail because I know it will be ignored. It's as simple as that.  

You and I are nothing but aggravating plebs who should give them our cash and shut our fucking mouths.

Vote with your feet and your hard earned.  They'll just laugh at any EMail you send them, so withdraw the cash without comment to them.  

The problem with this is that when they DO choose to acknowledge the complaints... based soley on the fact that they're losing money rather than because they're interested in what you have to say... they're going to come out and make some feeble effort at mollifying the fans.  When they should be doing something tangible to address the fans' anger they'll simply come out and give us excuses.  

Pretty much done with them at this stage.  

I wouldn't worry about being called 'not a real fan' by some gormless tool either, because if enabling the arrogant cockmunchers who run our club is what it takes to be a 'real fan' then they can stick being a 'real fan' right up their arses.

They can all go fuck themselves. The OF, the SFA, the club and the 'real fans'.

PS, how do you manage to make a post on this subject without using words like 'fuck' and 'cockmunchers' every other sentence?

I tried, but it's just not proving a manageable exercise in restraint.

Kudos to you and everyone who manage it.

bendoverandlaughoutloudui6.jpg

That is absolutely quality.

Crude and shabbily cobbled together, but it's more than the sum of its parts  :thumbsup:

I like it so much I'm going to call it Aberdeen Football Club Auto-Sodomised By Its Own Inherent Spinelessness.

Nicely done.

Soon you'll go mental and press capslock, then I'll know you're really angry.  And if I still don't get scared, you'll send me a PM.  Grrr...

The way of the samurai keyboard warrior.

:finger:

That sounds like someone I know...........hmmmm I wonder who it could be.

As for the 5% thing, its an absolute disgrace, nothing we can do or say will change that though. Boycott games? Its a possibility but people will say "yeah I'm boycotting the game" because they're pissed off.......but end up going anyways.

This thread reminds me very much of the KKK-Chat UEFA Cup ticket mass panic fiasco which ended up with everyone who wanted a ticket, got one.

Can’t just be me who finds it amusing that people on here are up in arms that the OF want to hit us financially and the best way they can think of protesting is by...... hitting us financially?  ;D

The folk running the show at AFC may well be a lot of things but they certainly aren’t frivolous when it comes to money matters (these days).  The simple fact of this matter is; they’ll have done the sums and they’d have been favourable towards giving them the 5% they asked for.

Why exactly folk are complaining that the club went to the Weegie press with their statement and not the fans is beyond me.  It’s not going to affect our fans when we buy tickets, it’s not affecting our fans at home games and it’s not even affecting our fans when we travel to Glasgow.  It’s only angered us because the OF get to do as they please and I’m sure they’re as happy about it down Pittodrie as we are.  But financially, it obviously makes sense for us to pay it.  The press would have called them for a statement and they'll have given one.

I’m not saying it isn’t leaving a sour taste in my mouth but the OF will have dreamt up this scheme because they know they can get away with it.  Maybe not from all the clubs, but some, like ours, will have to like it and lump it.

Who says the other 10 teams didn’t have a meeting?

How will the club know you’re not renewing your season ticket because of this incident?

Boycotting games in Glasgow won’t work either as I’m sure AFC pay for any unsold tickets.

We’ll have had to pay this because we are over a barrel, not because we’ve just agreed to it. 

This thread reminds me very much of the KKK-Chat UEFA Cup ticket mass panic fiasco which ended up with everyone who wanted a ticket, got one.

Can’t just be me who finds it amusing that people on here are up in arms that the OF want to hit us financially and the best way they can think of protesting is by...... hitting us financially?   ;D

The folk running the show at AFC may well be a lot of things but they certainly aren’t frivolous when it comes to money matters (these days).  The simple fact of this matter is; they’ll have done the sums and they’d have been favourable towards giving them the 5% they asked for.

Why exactly folk are complaining that the club went to the Weegie press with their statement and not the fans is beyond me.  It’s not going to affect our fans when we buy tickets, it’s not affecting our fans at home games and it’s not even affecting our fans when we travel to Glasgow.  It’s only angered us because the OF get to do as they please and I’m sure they’re as happy about it down Pittodrie as we are.  But financially, it obviously makes sense for us to pay it.  The press would have called them for a statement and they'll have given one.

I’m not saying it isn’t leaving a sour taste in my mouth but the OF will have dreamt up this scheme because they know they can get away with it.  Maybe not from all the clubs, but some, like ours, will have to like it and lump it.

How will the club know you’re not renewing your season ticket because of this incident?

Boycotting games in Glasgow won’t work either as I’m sure AFC pay for any unsold tickets.

We’ll have had to pay this because we are over a barrel, not because we’ve just agreed to it. 

Precisely.

Can’t just be me who finds it amusing that people on here are up in arms that the OF want to hit us financially and the best way they can think of protesting is by...... hitting us financially?  ;D

Totally agree with this.

People that email into the club just seems like going back to school, does it make you feel big and important when you do it? Its remarkably easy to set up filters etc so that you dont have to read wee Jimmy saying he's not happy at us.