Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the best option at the moment, however I think it is still ridiculous asking for ticket money from another club. We may as well start asking other clubs for the 5% too as we have the 3rd largest travelling support........ ::)

5% of £21 is 1.05, so we are paying them 5p per ticket, which is £300 for 6000 fans.  However, unless the OF do something similar back to us, aberdeen will be getting over £1000 for us at Ibrox, so AFC will actually gain money.

Fantastic how aberdeen have put the cost of this onto the rangers fans themselves.  :thumbsup:

Well done AFC.

I'm glad of that.

It could also act as an insentive for those fans who only seem to turn up for OF matches to go to the next home game to get back the pound.

Aye, that'll have them breaking down the doors of the ticket office, desperate to spend another £20 in order to reclaim their £1 Old Firm Tax.

???

Aye, that'll have them breaking down the doors of the ticket office, desperate to spend another £20 in order to reclaim their £1 Old Firm Tax.

???

It will be an insentive.

If they go to an OF game they obviously like football and support Aberdeen, and it may only be a pound, but it might just be enough for them to think they might as well go to the next game.

It will be an insentive.

If they go to an OF game they obviously like football and support Aberdeen, and it may only be a pound, but it might just be enough for them to think they might as well go to the next game.

Are you serious? They won't be saving any money over what they would currently pay anyway (ie. £20 + £20 now; instead of £21 + £19 from January 2009 onwards). If we can't get them in now, rejigging the way in which they pay that money is not going to be any incentive whatsoever.

Are you serious? They won't be saving any money over what they would currently pay anyway (ie. £20 + £20 now; instead of £21 + £19 from January 2009 onwards). If we can't get them in now, rejigging the way in which they pay that money is not going to be any incentive whatsoever.

Personally If I felt I was losing a pound by not going to two matches I'd certainly go claim back the pound. It's like paying a pound towards your next ticket, then not going to the next game.

Personally If I felt I was losing a pound by not going to two matches I'd certainly go claim back the pound. It's like paying a pound towards your next ticket, then not going to the next game.

I don't think I've ever met anyone so mean (or stupid) that they would even consider spending 1900% of their original investment just to make sure that said original investment didn't go to waste.

Is it safe to say that you're not studying economics?

I don't think I've ever met anyone so mean (or stupid) that they would even consider spending 1900% of their original investment just to make sure that said original investment didn't go to waste.

Is it safe to say that you're not studying economics?

Its not a case of investment or anything like that, its a case of, 'well I've already sort of spent a pound on the next game, might as well pay the other £19 to see it'. Its not as if you are losing £19, you get to see another football game out of it.

I did study economics but dropped it.

Its not a case of investment or anything like that, its a case of, 'well I've already sort of spent a pound on the next game, might as well pay the other £19 to see it'. Its not as if you are losing £19, you get to see another football game out of it.

I really don't know how to argue with that kind of logic. It simply doesn't work that way, and I think you are in a tiny minority if you are prepared to pay £19 purely and simply because you couldn't bear to see £1 wasted.

By your logic, if AFC told previous fairweather fans to bring along an old ticket stub because it would knock £1 off the entry fee, we'd sell out. It simply doesn't work like that, unless you're an incredibly, staggeringly, monumentally tight individual who would rather be £20 out of pocket and watching a game you're not really bothered about than see your £1 go to waste.

I did study economics but dropped it.

I could make a really sarky comment here, but I'm in a good mood today.

I really don't know how to argue with that kind of logic. It simply doesn't work that way, and I think you are in a tiny minority if you are prepared to pay £19 purely and simply because you couldn't bear to see £1 wasted.

By your logic, if AFC told previous fairweather fans to bring along an old ticket stub because it would knock £1 off the entry fee, we'd sell out. It simply doesn't work like that, unless you're an incredibly, staggeringly, monumentally tight individual who would rather be £20 out of pocket and watching a game you're not really bothered about than see your £1 go to waste.

Yes I probably am. I hate seeing money go to waste, and would rather go to two games for £40 than one for £21.

Yes I probably am. I hate seeing money go to waste, and would rather go to two games for £40 than one for £21.

Are you taking into account other costs on a match day? transport, food, feeding your now legendary drinking prowess?.... :thumbsup:

In saving yourself one pound your costing yourself more money.

I'm not saying that Aberdeen haven't done the right thing, I'm only making the point that your logic is very twisted