Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever met anyone so mean (or stupid) that they would even consider spending 1900% of their original investment just to make sure that said original investment didn't go to waste.

Is it safe to say that you're not studying economics?

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

They're seems to be alot of confusion as to who was right and who was wrong.

I think I'm right in saying that I was right and 'Tenement Fuckup' (TM Rocket Scientist) was wrong, it'd be wrong to suggest otherwise as to who was actually right.

• 4 weeks later...

I see Hibs have now followed Falkirk.

I kind of accepted that afc were in a corner and didn't have much of an option but I still feel it is a shame that we are paying the OF anything at all.  Yeah it is their fans that pay (and ours with increased prices at Ibrox and Parkhead??) but still means that the OF get £1000s they shouldn't.

Anyway well done Hibs, and get it right up you OF

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=2948_0_1_0_C

Rangers Fans Ticketing Arrangements

Hibernian FC today announced a partnership arrangement with the Scottish Sun which will enable Rangers supporters to apply directly to Hibernian FC for tickets for the match between Hibernian and Rangers to be played Easter Road Stadium on Sunday 28th September 2008, kick-off 2pm.

A Ticket Application Voucher will appear exclusively in the Monday 8th September edition of the Scottish Sun.

All original application vouchers, accompanied by the appropriate remittance, must be received at the Hibernian Ticket Office no later than 12 noon Monday 15th September 2008, along with a stamped addressed envelope.

Hibernian FC Chief Executive Scott Lindsay said: “We have already made arrangements through the Rangers FC Supporters’ Association to distribute a number of tickets through their own membership. However, this partnership with the Scottish Sun provides many other supporters with a great opportunity to attend the fixture at Easter Road.

“We are able to accommodate almost four thousand visiting supporters at the match and applications will be handled on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.â€

The process is similar to that adopted by Falkirk FC earlier in the season for their home match against Rangers FC. Each voucher will allow an application for a maximum of four tickets and in the event of over subscription any unsuccessful applicants will be notified and their documents returned.

Is there not a huge risk of theses tickets getting into the wrong hands? Seems very dodgy.

Last season's UEFA Cup Final in Manchester showed that even when Rangers do distribute their tickets, their fans can't be relied upon to behave like members of the human race. The disgraceful behaviour of their away fans at SPL grounds also serves as evidence of this, and goes to show quite clearly that any quality control mechanism which RFC has in place when issuing tickets doesn't justify us paying them a 5% surcharge.

If paying that 5% meant that Rangers would send us respectable human beings instead of the filth that regularly lurches its way drunkenly into Pittodrie for matches against them, then I would gladly pay it. Until then, I doubt any of the SPL clubs could do a worse job than Rangers.

• 4 weeks later...

Get it right up you ya Hun fucks

"The Rangers Supporters Assembly are urging Rangers Football Club to ensure that action is taken against St Mirren FC, due to ticket prices for this weekend's match at St Mirren Park which are completely unfair and may well be in contravention of SPL rules.

A family of four visiting Rangers fans - two adults and two children - will be forced to pay a total of £92 for seats behind the goal. In stark contrast, a family of four St Mirren fans, will be charged only £52 for a similar view of the game from behind the opposite goal. A massive difference of £40

St Mirren fans will pay only £26 for a parent and child ticket in the Reid Kerr stand. Rangers fans will pay £27 for an adult and £19 for a child. Furthermore, these prices are even higher than St Mirren fans in the Main Stand, who will pay £25 and £17 for a better view of the game.

St Mirren can't possibly defend these prices by claiming the Reid Kerr Stand is a special family stand. One of our members telephoned last week and was offered two adult tickets for the price of £20 each, with no need for a child to accompany them. Our member specifically stated that the purpose of the two tickets was to sit near friends and that no children's tickets were required.

St Mirren may argue that the price increase is a direct result of Rangers' demands for a 5% levy but that does not justify such a significant difference. "

410003-1.jpg