Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The OF want 5% of our ticket sales

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Hearts.

Still waiting for afc to take some action.

Hearts reject Old Firm ticket levy

Hearts have rejected a proposal put forward by Rangers and Celtic that would have meant the Tynecastle club incurring a 5% charge from the total ticket revenue generated from Old Firm fans who bought tickets to see their team at Tynecastle.

Hearts responded to the Old Firm proposal today.

Campbell Ogilvie, managing director, Hearts said: "We received letters from both Rangers and Celtic regarding a proposal to charge a 5% handling fee for the administration of those club's ticket sales at Tynecastle.

"We have made it quite clear that we will not accept any levy being deducted from tickets sold by either club in respect of matches being played between these clubs and Hearts at Tynecastle Stadium.

"We will therefore require to consider in detail how tickets will be distributed to supporters of Rangers and Celtic at forthcoming matches at our stadium."

we better not bend over and take it in the arse from them. I agree with what Falkirk are doing and it may well work even better up here. Buy an evening, get a coupon, get one ticket, set up a portakabin outside the RDS (dont wanna let them in the ticket office) and lets see how many of the true blue billy boys want to travel up from Glasgow to get a ticket and what they think of their club for this obscene proposal!!!!

I'm suspect that afc may not be too keen on following Falkirk's lead due to concerns about exactly who would get tickets and who would be responsible for any trouble/vandalism caused.

In the past Rangers controlled who got, and who didn't get, tickets and thus took responsibility for any trouble caused by their away support.  AFC may feel that if they sell the tickets to the huns they will then be responsible for the behaviour of them in the "away" section of the SS.

If aberdeen take it up the a*** me and my 2 sons wont be going to any more home games

As i feel so strong about this and im sick of the old firm thinking they can do what they like.

these are the same teams that say there is no competition in the league no much fucking wonder

First it was cup final tickets (they wanted the biggest share) then the tv money now ticket % of what sold

One message to the old firm

GO FUCK OFF TO ENGLAND

Guest swaddon

If they press on with this silly idea, then perhaps we should look at banning away supporters from games against the Old Firm. There won't be such a bitter atmosphere at games, it won't smell of shite so much at Pittodrie, and they can still get their 5%. 5% of nothing is nothing, but it'll serve them right.

Also, if this happens, do we get 5% of revenue for away tickets for their home games? No, I didnae think so.

If aberdeen take it up the a*** me and my 2 sons wont be going to any more home games

As i feel so strong about this and im sick of the old firm thinking they can do what they like.

these are the same teams that say there is no competition in the league no much fucking wonder

First it was cup final tickets (they wanted the biggest share) then the tv money now ticket % of what sold

One message to the old firm

GO FUCK OFF TO ENGLAND

I've already cancelled my annual purchase of a couple hundred quids worth of merchandise (tops, hats, scarves, wallet, pens, hoodies, and assorted gift-shop shite) as a result of their surrender to Queen of the South last season.... if they take this 5% thing lying down, in fact if they do anything other than politely (or better still, impolitely) tell the OF to go fuck themselves, they can wave tata to my cash for next season inna.

I realise my money is insignificant to AFC, but It'll make me feel better about not funding a club that has no balls whatsoever.

My Redweb sub is almost expired, so depending upon how they react to the 5% thing will determine whether I renew even that.

Surely if these daft c***s expect a more competitive league they must realise that everybody should get equal shares of the money and if not they should f**k off to england and start from the bottom where they are treated like the shit that they are and dont get any privilges especially a percentage of the money for there away support!

For years they cunts have been thinking they are the reason scottish football exists. They would be fuck all with out the rest of us. Tell them where to go and if they dont like it either have no away fans at their away games and make a cauldron of hate for the two teams, or let them play each other 38 times a season.  :finger:

On the STV news that Utd have written a letter to both of the infirm today. Why are the 10 other clubs not writing a joint letter? Will AFC speak out?

I emailed afc twice last week via the useless feedback contact and still haven't heard anything. I presume they just delete anything that gets sent to that address.  Also emailed someone at the ticket office who's email I had and he said that the problems of huns buying tickets at pittodrie and the possibility that afc would get blamed for the filths behavior in the SS means that afc are going to roll over accept their masters bidding.

Fucking disgrace.

How can fecking falkirk stand up to them while we just say "Yes Sir, how much sir, what ever you say"

CUNTS

If the OF fans act like cunts then thats the OF's responsability, doesn't matter who sells them the tickets.

How can anyone with any self-respect support a club like Rangers or Celtic? Their both sides of the same tainted dirty coin, I'm absolutely sick of them and their fans acting as if they are the league whilst they suck the life out of the rest of the teams.

Good on Falkirk etc standing up to them,  I really hope Aberdeen do to.

I emailed afc twice last week via the useless feedback contact and still haven't heard anything. I presume they just delete anything that gets sent to that address.

They only get a handful of e-mails per day

I emailed afc twice last week via the useless feedback contact and still haven't heard anything. I presume they just delete anything that gets sent to that address.  Also emailed someone at the ticket office who's email I had and he said that the problems of huns buying tickets at pittodrie and the possibility that afc would get blamed for the filths behavior in the SS means that afc are going to roll over accept their masters bidding.

Fucking disgrace.

How can fecking falkirk stand up to them while we just say "Yes Sir, how much sir, what ever you say"

CUNTS

I would like to say I'm surprised AFC are apparently not opposing this, however I'm not. Their silence has been deafening.

100% a fucking disgrace if they just roll over and accept this  :hammer:

Stringent ID rules for the purchase of tickets by the OF for Pittodrie should make it easy to trace those responsible for any trouble/vandalism/inappropriate singing etc, so the "It wisnae us but" attempt by OF at distancing themselves would be a huge failure.

Well done to Falkirk for their integrity  :clap:

.. and to Hearts and Utd for 'rejecting' the OF's proposal, and considering their options for distributing the "away" tickets themselves.

Let's hope your source is wrong glasgow sheep or I suspect our average attendance will be down by even more than  our ST sales apparently are

It's getting late in the day, and the club (AFC) STILL hasnae managed to formulate a response one way or the other.

I'll hold off on renewing my Redweb subscription until they respond with a big 'Fuck You'.

If they don't then I won't be renewing my Redweb, and I probably won't buy any club merchandise the season after next.

I'm going to have to start an Excel spreadsheet detailing the club's fuck ups, so that I can pinpoint the next time I'll spend money on the club. 

Right now I'm buying nothing from the club in the 08-09 season because of the QotS fiasco.

If they roll over to the Huns that'll be pushed back to the 09-10 season.

I live in hope that they're preparing a special 'Piss Off Huns' special presentation, with balloons and elephants and juggling monkeys, but that's just the mindless optimist in me.

I consider myself to be quite a relaxed character, I rarely lose my temper, or let things get to me in general...

... however, the very thought of us surrendering to the Old Firm over this whole fiasco has raised my blood pressure a few millimetres above the norm.  I will be absolutely furious if they get away this...

Maybe if afc is so frightened of getting the blame for any that trouble breaks out they should refuse to sell rantic tickets for pittodrie.  After all if we are going to pay the OF 5% for the privilege of having their fans in our stadium it might as well be 5% of 0.  Of course we would lose out a bit, although perhaps some folk who avoid OF games would be tempted to come and take their kids with the absence of scum in the SS, but surely it's better then pathetically accepting every outrageous tax and demand the OF request.

What absolute bullshit:

Martin Bain, the Rangers chief executive, last night defended the Old Firm's decision to implement a 5% handling fee for allocating tickets for away games next season.

Bain insists his club will not review the decision despite opposition from Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk and Dundee United. Falkirk, who host Rangers on opening day, have responded by selling tickets to Rangers fans directly; the others have intimated they will do likewise.

"It is incredulous that, despite our attempts to explain this rationally to other clubs, some of them continue to refuse to accept our approach," said Bain. "Rangers supporters travel the length and breadth of the country, often paying premium prices for grounds which are often found lacking in overall facilities. This is about our fans. I believe they more than pay their way in Scottish football and we want to alleviate some of the financial pressure.

"I am also disappointed at the other clubs lack of understanding of our continual efforts to make it as easy as possible to distribute their tickets with minimal cost and effort on their behalf. We help maximise ticket sales for SPL away grounds to the region of £2.5m, but accept this comes at a cost, hence our proposal for the reciprocal arrangement.

"This would allow us to remove the costs currently borne by our fans.I am surprised that other clubs have failed to realise that we have maintained a core fan base for away matches and that base may drop off given the convoluted systems they are operating to sell tickets," added Bain, who confirmed the club are today set to make a new bid for Glen Loovens, the Cardiff City centre-half.

Guest Nellie The Don

Maybe if afc is so frightened of getting the blame for any that trouble breaks out they should refuse to sell rantic tickets for pittodrie.  After all if we are going to pay the OF 5% for the privilege of having their fans in our stadium it might as well be 5% of 0.  Of course we would lose out a bit, although perhaps some folk who avoid OF games would be tempted to come and take their kids with the absence of scum in the SS, but surely it's better then pathetically accepting every outrageous tax and demand the OF request.

Why not sell the tickets directly to the scum? Set up databases of celtic and rangers fans who want to come to pittodrie (with, of course, an annual admin fee involved for anyone who wants to be on it) and distribute tickets by ballot. Easy.

What absolute bullshit:

Martin Bain, the Rangers chief executive, last night defended the Old Firm's decision to implement a 5% handling fee for allocating tickets for away games next season.

Bain insists his club will not review the decision despite opposition from Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk and Dundee United. Falkirk, who host Rangers on opening day, have responded by selling tickets to Rangers fans directly; the others have intimated they will do likewise.

"It is incredulous that, despite our attempts to explain this rationally to other clubs, some of them continue to refuse to accept our approach," said Bain. "Rangers supporters travel the length and breadth of the country, often paying premium prices for grounds which are often found lacking in overall facilities. This is about our fans. I believe they more than pay their way in Scottish football and we want to alleviate some of the financial pressure.

"I am also disappointed at the other clubs lack of understanding of our continual efforts to make it as easy as possible to distribute their tickets with minimal cost and effort on their behalf. We help maximise ticket sales for SPL away grounds to the region of £2.5m, but accept this comes at a cost, hence our proposal for the reciprocal arrangement.

"This would allow us to remove the costs currently borne by our fans.I am surprised that other clubs have failed to realise that we have maintained a core fan base for away matches and that base may drop off given the convoluted systems they are operating to sell tickets," added Bain, who confirmed the club are today set to make a new bid for Glen Loovens, the Cardiff City centre-half.

And this idiot has just been voted onto the SPL Board!!

I'd fucking love the other SPL sides to get together and start developing policy designed to push the scum out of the SPL. Then their fans wouldn't have to be put out by travelling the 'length and breadth of the country'. They would soon realise that this is a two-way street and they need us to survive, they seem to think its all the other way round. The SPL may not be competitive and may not bring them enough revenue but where are they without it ? Fucking nowhere, thats where.  :hammer:

Why not sell the tickets directly to the scum? Set up databases of celtic and rangers fans who want to come to pittodrie (with, of course, an annual admin fee involved for anyone who wants to be on it) and distribute tickets by ballot. Easy.

Like Falkirk have done?

Because our board have no back bone and are too frightened that as they are selling the tickets they will get the blame if there is any trouble.

Plus it would upset their mates in the boardrooms of ibrox and celtic park.

I don't know who I am more pissed off with. The OF for being their usual arrogant, ignorant, selfish cunts or our board for being, yet again, fucking useless