Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Dons v Livi

In the past few weeks we've appointed Jimmy Thelin, taken Celtic to penalties, thumped Hibs 4-0 on their own patch, won the youth league and unleashed a fine strip on Scottish football.

The good times are here again.

Livi have nothing to lose which means they might come out and play a bit tomorrow. Us to underestimate them, lose the first goal, but fight back to win 3-1. McGrath, Miovski and Sokler.

I think one of the reasons that we have done way better lately is that we don't underestimate any teams any more. Going 5 games out of 6 without conceding a goal shows that I think. Also, we have a team of guys who are playing to keep their place in the team for next season. But Aberdeen being Aberdeen...

Not making this or last game of season due to combination of work and family commitments. Few of the fringe players getting a run tonight and would expect Hayes to get on for what is likely his final game at Pittodrie. Sokler starting will be interesting and hopefully he can bang in a few goals to ease my fears about Miovski leaving. Happy Livingston are going down and they hopefully won’t be back. 

Oot

work then shops

stream

flat

3-0 Sokler Barron and Hayes

Posted (edited)

I'm assuming that both Roos and Miovski will get a run out at some point too? Not like we really need to give Doohan a good send off.

Edit: hopefully it is a send off for mcgarry too!

Edited by RicoS321

Oot

Good riddance to Livi,hopefully a long time to not return. Hoping the match is played pretty competitively,be good to see if Duk and Sokler have the makings of a decent partnership

3 - 0 Dons Sokler x2,

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm assuming that both Roos and Miovski will get a run out at some point too? Not like we really need to give Doohan a good send off.

Edit: hopefully it is a send off for mcgarry too!

Mcgarry not exactly making a case for staying so far.

Just back, a fun night. They had all but given up, as expected. Hayes motm. Polvara and Hoilett excellent. If Polvara plays that way next season then we've finally got a player. Boyd did great for the goal, looks a good bit off the first team yet though. 

37 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Just back, a fun night. They had all but given up, as expected. Hayes motm. Polvara and Hoilett excellent. If Polvara plays that way next season then we've finally got a player. Boyd did great for the goal, looks a good bit off the first team yet though. 

Yeah, factor in where polvara played, more advanced attacking role. If he’s expected to be a holding mid or a Rama type, that he’s not. 

not following the hype of Boyd, definitely a young kid playing with men. Great to see him, give him another year or two to develop, most likely out on loan.

41 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Yeah, factor in where polvara played, more advanced attacking role. If he’s expected to be a holding mid or a Rama type, that he’s not. 

not following the hype of Boyd, definitely a young kid playing with men. Great to see him, give him another year or two to develop, most likely out on loan.

Polvara actually covered a lot of ground tonight and at the start was alongside Barron, behind Shinnie. It's the biggest shift I've seen him put in for the Dons, he really did get about and they both took turns sitting, with Barron just moving the ball around keeping things moving (Clarkson was better when he came on). 

7 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

The thing regarding Boyd is that he isn't going to be sitting about Pittodrie for any length of time.

He is contracted to the end of next season and the vultures were already circling prior to his two goal scoring cameo appearances. You can guarantee that if he wasn't on the radar of many clubs south of the border already, he certainly will be now. 

A lot could depend on getting regular first team action and how level headed, he, his parents and his agent actually are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

The thing regarding Boyd is that he isn't going to be sitting about Pittodrie for any length of time.

He is contracted to the end of next season and the vultures were already circling prior to his two goal scoring cameo appearances. You can guarantee that if he wasn't on the radar of many clubs south of the border already, he certainly will be now. 

A lot could depend on getting regular first team action and how level headed, he, his parents and his agent actually are.

You’d like to hope that he’s seen what fergie for example has done and found a pathway. I’d like to see how he develops over time, but an exciting prospect that’s actually delivered. I remember folk screaming about lanky shankland saying how good he was, but he never ever took his chances. Kudos to fletcher, already done it.

enjoyed the highlights, the team really seem to be playing with some freedom (I know it’s livi and it took conceding to do it). Nice pre season anyway, hopefully they carry it on into the next. Was a bit cut up seeing Hayes sat on the ball after the game. What a guy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

You’d like to hope that he’s seen what fergie for example has done and found a pathway. I’d like to see how he develops over time, but an exciting prospect that’s actually delivered. I remember folk screaming about lanky shankland saying how good he was, but he never ever took his chances. Kudos to fletcher, already done it.

enjoyed the highlights, the team really seem to be playing with some freedom (I know it’s livi and it took conceding to do it). Nice pre season anyway, hopefully they carry it on into the next. Was a bit cut up seeing Hayes sat on the ball after the game. What a guy.  

Right?  First time I saw him play was away to inverness and he was tearing Considine a new one.  I wanted to sign him within about 2 minutes of kick off.  Defo one of my favourite dons players of all time. 

Just noticed we wore the new kit last night.  Never seen a team wear next seasons before the current season is complete before 

6 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Right?  First time I saw him play was away to inverness and he was tearing Considine a new one.  I wanted to sign him within about 2 minutes of kick off.  Defo one of my favourite dons players of all time. 

Just noticed we wore the new kit last night.  Never seen a team wear next seasons before the current season is complete before 

That used to be quite common for clubs to wear new strip at end of season as way of launching it to fans before social media and the internet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Usually it's a Scottish Cup final thing. We wore our 'new' strip in the 2017 final, but I believe Celtic didn't wear their new one even though they had already unveiled it, because Rodgers felt they should stick with the strip they had been unbeaten in.

On 16/05/2024 at 06:40, Elgindon said:

Good riddance to Livi,hopefully a long time to not return

Do they win the award of the shittest travelling support ever? I saw Dons Fan VLog's video of the game on YouTube yesterday, and wee Kian who does that VLog panned over to the away section. I counted maybe 10 Livi fans?

5 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Do they win the award of the shittest travelling support ever? I saw Dons Fan VLog's video of the game on YouTube yesterday, and wee Kian who does that VLog panned over to the away section. I counted maybe 10 Livi fans?

23 in this picture. 

image.thumb.png.e12e6752290b9f98cb70b67d6c9979ed.png

8 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Already relegated and a midweek trip up to Aberdeen? Well done to them for taking any fans whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wee toon red said:

Already relegated and a midweek trip up to Aberdeen? Well done to them for taking any fans whatsoever.

This.  The only team I have seen in the top flight that I didn't feel belonged was the farce that was Gretna. I have respect for Livingston, sure they don't have the most fans but fair play to the ones that show.  Their pitch can get in the bin though, hopefully we can now ban them from the top flight. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

This.  The only team I have seen in the top flight that I didn't feel belonged was the farce that was Gretna. I have respect for Livingston, sure they don't have the most fans but fair play to the ones that show.  Their pitch can get in the bin though, hopefully we can now ban them from the top flight. 

Elitist pish. If Raith win the playoff then they'll rightfully bring their plastic pitch up. There are too many honking grass pitches in the top flight to even contemplate having a ban on plastic. Obviously, I'd rather see games on grass, but plastic makes sense for a whole host of teams in the SPFL for various reasons. Livingston's pitch seemed worse, but I reckon that they regularly gamed it by under or over watering, just the same as letting the grass grow or narrowing the lines. Most Scottish pitches are bobbly tattie fields come November anyway, which nobody seems to consider when wondering why all Scottish goalkeepers' kicking goes to shite for six months (wind, also). Roos and Shamal Dode for Livi weren't even playing on grass at the weekend either, they were playing on a shitey patch of sand.