Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2024 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Apparently he can play as a winger too. Energetic/physical,something we do lack,....but then you realise he's struggled at Wycombe  🤔

Anthony Stewart was a stand out for Wycombe. It's a very high standard, and we should be looking to pick up their scraps. They're up there with Morecambe.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Anthony Stewart was a stand out for Wycombe. It's a very high standard, and we should be looking to pick up their scraps. They're up there with Morecambe.

Think it was a toss up between this bloke and recalling Richardson, but richardson’s car broke down. Inspiring loanee!!

• Like 1

Mattie Pollock being considered according to Scott Burns.

What might make it tricky is he actually started for Watford on Sunday and won rave reviews for his performance, so maybe the manager down there will have a change of heart.

21 minutes ago, Jute said:

Jason Kerr’s name seems to be getting mentioned as an alternative to Pollock. 

Hopefully not. Has been injured all season, and is now being loaned out by a League One team essentially to get him fit. I don't think that's the type of player we're looking for at the moment unless they really add something to the team.

Already heard enough about Gueye's fitness issues.

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Jason Kerr’s name seems to be getting mentioned as an alternative to Pollock. 

Robson/our recruitment team must be watching the wrong team.  We don't need defenders.  The Celtic games aside, we have conceded 23 goals in 18 games but in those same 18 games we have scored just 22.  We need people to create and score goals.  The defence and goalie ain't really that bad.   

33 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Robson/our recruitment team must be watching the wrong team.  We don't need defenders.  The Celtic games aside, we have conceded 23 goals in 18 games but in those same 18 games we have scored just 22.  We need people to create and score goals.  The defence and goalie ain't really that bad.   

It's just with the injuries to Gartenmann and Rubi. Personally I'd be comfortable with MacDonald and Milne as cover. However, someone like Kerr would make sense on loan until the summer to give us time to weigh up our options. He's a known quantity.

Mmm, so was Duk really ill last night ?

Reports circulating today that he could be off to Spain

Leganes (currently top of La Liga 2) attempting to sign him pre deadline

Source: Sky Sports

Anything that nets us over £1m after Benfica cut and I say take the money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Mmm, so was Duk really ill last night ?

Reports circulating today that he could be off to Spain

Leganes (currently top of La Liga 2) attempting to sign him pre deadline

Source: Sky Sports

Anything that nets us over £1m after Benfica cut and I say take the money

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Duk yet and I refuse to sanction this transfer.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Panda said:

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Duk yet and I refuse to sanction this transfer.

With Robson going, it might be worth holding onto him. It's a big might, he's been poor for longer than he's been good and I'm not sure he's a luxury we can afford, and not sure he's the type of guy we need in the battle we face until the end of the season.

Anyway, the timing is an absolute disaster for sacking the manager. Last day of the fucking window when we desperately need at least one player and when at least one might be leaving. Either keep him another day and pretend he's got the job until summer and sign a player (the recruitment team do the majority of the work there anyway, and any new manager will need players), or ditch him before the window opens. This is another window where we've allowed ourselves to get behind again. You can't afford to miss any. The new manager is now already on a handicap. It's fucking disastrous. How the fuck Cormack can't learn these basic things after so many attempts is unbelievable. 

Given the day I assume we bit the bullet and didn’t bring anyone else in??

disgraceful if that’s the case and no more wide players. Or is it save the pennies for the new gaffer in summer?

seems like we’ve spent money on some real shit in the last couple of windows, Richardson, morris, gueye, hope the new guy has some eye for talent.

A disgraceful window like, and shows that nobody at the club has learned anything. The whole point in our supposed recruitment setup is that much/most of the responsibility is taken away from the manager. The idea being that we have a large degree (as much as you can have in the transfer market) of certainty over signings, regardless of who the manager is. The window is about keeping things ticking over, getting rid of a few players and experimenting with new ones. January doesn't have to be a big one, but two players in would have been the minimum I'd have expected regardless of the manager. By not getting a winger, we've completely limited the options of the new manager, and by not keeping things ticking over, it's basically like being one or two short already in the summer. As we've seen since McInnes left, that makes the new manager a window behind at the outset, but we won't give him a window leeway to get it right (I'm not necessarily saying that the others should have got another window, just that they were very hard done by). The last three summers have seen a 10+ turnover over players because of this. We have a slightly more settled team this season, but we're probably still going to be looking at 8+ signings, which means at least 12 in to get 8 worthwhile players. That includes the likely loss of Miovski and Duk (or Duk just continuing to be like having a player missing). 

Players who won't, or shouldn't, be here next season:

Roos

Gartenmann (he might sign)

MacDonald

McGarry

Morris

Barron

Besuijen

Richardson

Gueye

Miovski

Duk

Phillips

That's anything from 8-12 above that will be leaving. Anything between 3-5 of those who'd start. That's a massive turnover, and if you're looking at that as a person coming in, you'd probably pass. Of course, the board will tell us that they'll back the manager, but that's utterly meaningless unless it occurs over at least two windows, as the margin for error in the transfer window is huge and largely has nothing to do with the manager. Unless that manager has strong experience of Scottish football, and bringing players into our game, it's unlikely that they'll get higher than 50% success rate. That's why I thought we had the model that transcended the manager and our recruitment team could ably tide things over where the manager was on a shoogly peg. Just one first team recruit (a fucking winger for fuck sake!) could have saved the manager a world of hassle in the summer. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Still today isn't there?

I'm not saying were going to pull out a starting CDM, a couple of first choice wingers and an experienced manager today, but theres at least a couple of hours of hope 😆.

Aye, it appears I misread the BBC article yesterday! I did wonder why we were still being linked with Kerr. Personally, I think a January window should remain in January.

Looks like club are still looking to bring in a centre half due to injuries to Gartenmann and Rubi. Would like to think we are bringing in a winger but not sure we will. 

As Rico says recruitment team should mean having no manager in place should not prevent the club getting players in today. 

30 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, it appears I misread the BBC article yesterday! I did wonder why we were still being linked with Kerr. Personally, I think a January window should remain in January.

WTF 

A BBC Scotland article was incorrect.

Wish we knew someone that could ensure that doesn't happen again 😉

9 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Given the day I assume we bit the bullet and didn’t bring anyone else in??

Transfer deadline is 23:30 GMT tonight.

19 minutes ago, BigAl said:

WTF 

A BBC Scotland article was incorrect.

Wish we knew someone that could ensure that doesn't happen again 😉

It wasn't wrong, Rico admits he misread it.

BBC 2-0 BigAl/Rico.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Panda said:

Transfer deadline is 23:30 GMT tonight.

It wasn't wrong, Rico admits he misread it.

BBC 2-0 BigAl/Rico.

Ouch ya fucker, fair play.

My crime is greater than Rico's as I repeated his error 😲

• Like 2
  • Haha 1