Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Just in thoughts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel compelled to add my tuppence worth, but can think of no words to adequately describe my disappointment.

I never thought I would ever be one to say this, but Jimmy really must go. Clueless twat in charge of a bunch of even more clueless twats.

If I had a picture of a pile of vomit it would be posted here.

:hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

Ach, it was waiting to happen. We've not really played well all season. I think today sums us up for where we really are. Can Calderwood rebuild from that minus Miller, Aluko and Nicholson? Should Lovell and Walker been involved? Many more questions...

Just back from the game.  Utterly devastated.  Really can't believe it.

Calderwood got it wrong playing McNamara who was atrocious, but apart from that he started with a team that was more than capable of winning, but I'm not sure any one of them performed better than shite.  Our defence and Soapy were the cause of us getting beat in my opinion.  It was schoolboy football from us at the back, but the midfield did very little all day as well, and Severin was particularly poor.

What a complete disaster.  :hammer:

Lots of scarves thrown on the pitch.  Lee Miller got a terrible reception at the end when he came over to applaud the support.

I would ship the whole lot of the players and coaching staff the way I'm feeling just now.

Season over.  :(

I'm too worn out to get angry.

The team that started against Falkirk on Monday was atrocious. So atrocious that we were forced to change things around at half time.

So why on earth start with the same team that was a massive failure in the match 5 days ago?

JDV should have started that match on the right wing. In fact, I'd go as far as saying, had he done so, we would have won the match easily. He is the only wide player we have got who knows what he is going to do with the ball before he receives it, and that's an ability that should be inherent in any football player playing at this level.

0540 I got up to watch perhaps the worst defensive display I have seen from an Aberdeen in ages.

Time to go out and drown my sorrows.

Those bunch of overpaid pricks better not show their faces in town tonight, but I wouldn't put it past them at all!

Calderwood got it wrong playing McNamara who was atrocious,

He has to have played his last game for the club..... Totally past it.

Our defence and Soapy were the cause of us getting beat in my opinion.  It was schoolboy football from us at the back, but the midfield did very little all day as well, and Severin was particularly poor.

The defence was terrible. I actually though we looked quite good going forward.

Probably we had ten clear cut chances on goal - we scored three of them & and were unlucky that two went off the post.  But whats the point in only scoring three when you basically gift four goals to the opposing team???

Gutted.

Holy fuck, that was devastating. The prospect of no Europe next season is so hard to take right now.

I just can't see how Jimmy can stay in the job he's in right now. This isn't a 'JIMMY GTF!!!' post, but if we can't see off a 1st division side, infront of 14,000 of our own fans, with possible silverware and pretty much guaranteed European football next season, then he doesn't deserve to have the job.

He'd be gone tomorrow if our board weren't didn't so blindly offer him a 3 1/2 year extension on his contract.

Fucking hell, what a mess we're currently in :(

There aren't many people I'd consider keeping at Pittodrie right now. That goes from playing staff, ground staff, 'physios', marketing and security through to management and the directors of the club.

They've been treating us with utter contempt for years now, and we just accept it.

Fuck off.

There aren't many people I'd consider keeping at Pittodrie right now. That goes from playing staff, ground staff, 'physios', marketing and security through to management and the directors of the club.

They've been treating us with utter contempt for years now, and we just accept it.

Fuck off.

I get what you're saying, but that's a reactionary comment too far i think.

I know of a few people at Pittodrie who work exceptionally hard day in and day out and are proud to be a part of the team.

It's just a shame the players and management don't seem to follow suit.

JDV should have started that match on the right wing. In fact, I'd go as far as saying, had he done so, we would have won the match easily. He is the only wide player we have got who knows what he is going to do with the ball before he receives it, and that's an ability that should be inherent in any football player playing at this level.

I agree. At times Foster was just watching the game. The main difference is that De Vischer is a football player and Foster isn't.

While I am disappointed with the result I also appear to be the most realistic here. Okay, we should be able to beat QoS with our team, but look at our season? We've been erratic all the time, and have had two good performances v Copenhagen and Bayern. Other than that, we've not  been very good in more than one game in 10. Hardly surprising really. It's not like we outplayed Celtic to get here either, just scored the necessary one goal more than them.

Anyway, agree choice of substitutes was possibly ill advised. However, although I've not seen the highlights, I reckon the fact that Diamond was trying not to get booked possibly contributed to the poor defending and maybe one of the goals. He put himself ahead of the team which suggests that maybe I'm wrong in backing him for captain.

Soutar is just not a decent goalkeeper. No communication, stayed on his line most the time. Langfield is better than him but we still need someone better.

At the end of the day though, Jimmy has had £500k to spend in 4 years. That's not his fault. He's done his best on free signings and got us some good players, some of them maybe haven't lived up to our expectations for various reasons, but at the time we were happy to sign Lovell/Severin/McNamara etc. Despite our history etc these are just the times we live in, we need money to progress from here.

Finally, this was always potentially going to happen. Queens were underdogs, incredibly up for it and were always going to work harder than us. It's just like how Barnsley beat Liverpool and Chelsea. These things happen. We need to move on and build a new team for the future now.

PS. We had no luck today, at all. 2 penalty claims and Diamond hitting the post and crossbar. They had a bit of luck.

While I am disappointed with the result I also appear to be the most realistic here. Okay, we should be able to beat QoS with our team, but look at our season? We've been erratic all the time, and have had two good performances v Copenhagen and Bayern. Other than that, we've not  been very good in more than one game in 10. Hardly surprising really. It's not like we outplayed Celtic to get here either, just scored the necessary one goal more than them.

Anyway, agree choice of substitutes was possibly ill advised. However, although I've not seen the highlights, I reckon the fact that Diamond was trying not to get booked possibly contributed to the poor defending and maybe one of the goals. He put himself ahead of the team which suggests that maybe I'm wrong in backing him for captain.

Soutar is just not a decent goalkeeper. No communication, stayed on his line most the time. Langfield is better than him but we still need someone better.

At the end of the day though, Jimmy has had £500k to spend in 4 years. That's not his fault. He's done his best on free signings and got us some good players, some of them maybe haven't lived up to our expectations for various reasons, but at the time we were happy to sign Lovell/Severin/McNamara etc. Despite our history etc these are just the times we live in, we need money to progress from here.

Finally, this was always potentially going to happen. Queens were underdogs, incredibly up for it and were always going to work harder than us. It's just like how Barnsley beat Liverpool and Chelsea. These things happen. We need to move on and build a new team for the future now.

PS. We had no luck today, at all. 2 penalty claims and Diamond hitting the post and crossbar. They had a bit of luck.

Come on now.

Today is for rash reactions and harsh judgements.

In my opinion, right at this moment, everyone associated with AFC can get tae fuck.  This opinion might differ tomorrow but whilst I'm drunk and pissed off they can all leave tomorrow.  I'm starting to sway towards the opinion that something at Pittodrie is rotting to the core.

Totally sober & totally gutted!!!

Queens had fight, determination, a gameplan, will to win & players sticking to the task they were given. They also had an ability to exploit their opponents weaknesses.

Aberdeen had nothing.

Enough is enough, I won't be back while Jimmy is there.