Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Just in thoughts

I think it really is time for JC to go. I've had enough of it and i'm just grateful I haven't had to endure many of those performances this season. But, I don't see him going. As a few others said yesterday, from about the middle of the first half I was yelling for them to get it down on the deck, because on the few occassions we did, we tore their defence apart! I'm just numb with confussion and embrassment that a team like ours has lost another four goals in a semi. It was a complete farce. I'm not quite sure how the club can move forward from this, because I don't think we can afford to, but can we afford not to? We need a helluva investment this summer and I think we're going to miss Miller and Nicholson IMMENSELY next season. Miller won near enough every ball again, just maguire was running about like a headless chicken and then lost it. Another thing which someone else has said, I really thought the players don't look comfortable, like the world is on their shoulders which would have to be the fear of failure and hence being repremanded. Its not a good thing for a team at all to have. I just wonder what the hell he said in the changing room before, during and after the game because whatever it was, it didn't work.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure how the club can move forward from this, because I don't think we can afford to, but can we afford not to? We need a helluva investment this summer and I think we're going to miss Miller and Nicholson IMMENSELY next season.

Totally agree with this sentiment. Nothing encoiurages me about next season.  If Calderwod's signings in the summer are gonna be of the standard of Bus, Duff and Namara then we are going backwards.

Guest swaddon

If Jimmy won't go, then he needs to take a long hard look at his management skills and the standard of player he brings to the club. It's OK to bring in players that are a great laugh and would kick their granny to get in the team, because it's good for team spirit, but it's far more important to bring in players that can actually play football. Sticking with your favourite players when they aren't playing well is ludicrous, this is the SPL, not primary school football.

His credentials are there, he led an unfashionable team in Dunfermline to top half finishes and the Scottish Cup final, I'm not sure what exactly he did in Holland, and he's had some good results with Aberdeen in his time here.

On an unrelated topic, I had a terrible dream last night that I opened up one of the papers this morning, and every single page, apart from two pages on horse racing, were about the game yesterday.

On an unrelated topic, I had a terrible dream last night that I opened up one of the papers this morning, and every single page, apart from two pages on horse racing, were about the game yesterday.

I'm avoiding reading the newspapers this weekend and for the next few days in the hope that this will somehow all disappear.  :-[

Thus result wil NEVER go away. The weegie rags will delight in reminding us about this for weeks. Every time a cup competition rears its head  in the future this result will be dragged out to highlight the "romance" of the cup for wee teams.

It will be an embarassment that just wont go away.

Well done jimmy. Well done boys.

Thus result wil NEVER go away. The weegie rags will delight in reminding us about this for weeks. Every time a cup competition rears its head  in the future this result will be dragged out to highlight the "romance" of the cup for wee teams.

It will be an embarassment that just wont go away.

Well done jimmy. Well done boys.

Agreed this result and performance will not go away it is not acceptable to get beat from Qos. It is an Embarassment! It might go away easy enough for the players but the fans will feel this pain for a long time to come.  >:D

IHave to say cheers to all my fellow Globe Reds. What a great day oot, my sides are sare the day from laughing so much at various random things! Skinny John Hartson, taunting the Jambo, bairn next to the skip and loads of other stuff! Cheers for making what ended up being a bad day a wee bit better! :thumbsup:

As you said minus the football a great day out.

The jambo at Linlithgow getting abused  :rofl:

Manc getting covered in topcorners blood :rofl:

The baby left next to the skip :rofl:

Rearranging the pub :rofl:

Breaking the fireplace in the pub :rofl:

Telling the policeman who tried to confinscate my 36 beers for the train back to Edinburgh to gtf as I was on the Edinburgh train not the Aberdeen train :rofl:

Tartan army pub quiz :rofl:

Falling off the fire escape whilst trying to take down the flag from the trees :rofl:

I have never been so gutted in my life! It hurts like hell the day still and will do for a while. Severin is nae a captain, get him to fuck! He was just as bad as several others though.

I could go on a big rant but i dont have the energy or the enthusiasm for it. Its just pish, i hate fitba! : :'(

Have to say cheers to all my fellow Globe Reds. What a great day oot, my sides are sare the day from laughing so much at various random things! Skinny John Hartson, taunting the Jambo, bairn next to the skip and loads of other stuff! Cheers for making what ended up being a bad day a wee bit better! :thumbsup:

oh, and do i feck look like Gary Dempsey/Scott Brown!! >:D;)  Im off to the pub again if anyone is aboot! :wave:

Heading for Connan Doyles shortly if you fancy it.

Forgot to add that was the most gutless display from AFC I can remember. NcNamara is a waste of air. JC that is two of the most humiliating results ever for Aberdeen occurred under your management. Please do the decent thing and go now. Do not force the board to sack you and have the club waste what little transfer money we have paying you and your hangers on off.

Guys, i'm so angry I cannae even be bothered to pass much comment upon todays events.

Two cup semi finals, EIGHT goals conceded.

I sense some large quantities of alcohol being required to dull the pain.

Meant to say beer consumed last night did not dull the pain. Only made it worse. Now heading to the pub to try again.

Jimmy was on telly this week saying he didn't understand why the fans would prefer to win the cup to finishing in the top 6. It's because you've never won anything, you fucking bellend. You'll never understand how it feels until you experience it yourself. The top 6 is a ridiculous idea, which only allows self-preservasionist fuckwits like yourself to claim some kind of triumphant season. "Ooh, we finished in the top 6 again. Aint we good." No, you're not. This is one of the poorest leagues in Europe and we've got an away record that's worse than everyone bar Gretna. You've had the whole of last year to prepare for Anderson leaving (let's face it, you were telling the papers he was probably going to leave for long enough before the end of last season, that it was a foregone conclusion), and still, with 5 games of this season left, the defence is shambolic (dare i say sloppy?) most weeks. What the fuck goes on in training? Do the players train twice a day? Do they even train once a day (Crocky McNamara excused, as he has to get in and back from Edinburgh. Cunt.)?! It sure as fuck doesn't look like it.

Still raging, and i wasn't even there.

Doubt I could say anything that hasn't already been said.

Agree that we looked good going forward sometimes.

Shambolic defending for the goals.

Calderwood is clueless on many levels.

Mcnamara finished.

Am I the only one who thinks severin should be shipped aswell? Clearly he aint good enough anymore. Miller played well. Also, it hurts that we got beat by QOS but it's the manner in how we played when we equalised that pisses me off. When we went behind we started playing but when we equalised, we seemed to sit back again and hope that we would conjure up a winner out of somewhere.

And also. Calderwood will NOT be sacked. In the eyes of Milne and the other board members, he's had a successful season as he's lined their pockets with the cup runs.

Am I the only one who thinks severin should be shipped aswell? Clearly he aint good enough anymore.

And also. Calderwood will NOT be sacked. In the eyes of Milne and the other board members, he's had a successful season as he's lined their pockets with the cup runs.

Severin should be kept but have the captaincy taken away. he played so much better as vice captain but the pressure of being captain hasnt done him any good but the only thing is I dont know who should be given it - Derek Young possibly, Not sure about Zander now

I dont think Calderwood should go anyway.  If we are the same next year then some questions need to be asked

Hopefully he'll pull his finger out and notice that there is DECENT players going to be able to sign pre ntracts such as Cregg from Falkirk. He also NEEDS a new LB even though I dont foster has done to bad in that position this year, NEEDS at least 2 strikers as a front line of magurie and Mackie isnt too exciting and he NEEDS a new keeper as soutar isnt up to the standard. I thought he was a couple of weeks ago but that opinion has gone. Langfield should be back in against Celtic - at least he has more of a presence in the box than Soapy

I have never been so gutted in my life! It hurts like hell the day still and will do for a while. Severin is nae a captain, get him to fuck! He was just as bad as several others though.

Have to say cheers to all my fellow Globe Reds. What a great day oot, my sides are sare the day from laughing so much at various random things! Skinny John Hartson, taunting the Jambo, bairn next to the skip and loads of other stuff! Cheers for making what ended up being a bad day a wee bit better! :thumbsup:

oh, and do i feck look like Gary Dempsey/Scott Brown!! >:D;)  Im off to the pub again if anyone is aboot! :wave:

Just home and calmed down abit so won't be cutting up my ST and sending it back.... yet!!

As you say Peterheid cheers to my fellow Globe reds, what a great laugh we had. Dinnae think you look like Brown but you are abit like Dempsey!  :thumbsup:

Pub?!, ... I'm away to my bed for a few hours!

I wouldn't shed a tear if Seve left. How he's still club captain is beyond me, but then again, who else would you give it to? Nicholson would be the only one, but he's leaving. There is currently no-one at the club who is of captain standard. Zander may do because of what he gives to the team. Had a dreadful game yesterday but it happens, he's young and he will learn from it. I'm just so disillusioned right now I don't know what to think or how the club are going to lift themselves up from this. It has been like this all season but this was by far the biggest defeat of them all.

Captain - Derek Young possibly, Not sure about Zander now

Jesus!  Started early today?

Agree about the need for someone who has an on field presence... But I dont think D.Young fits that bill..

While he puts 100% in when he's on the pitch & obviously relishes the chance he's been given, I would prefer to see him as a squad player.. Which kind of rules him out of being captain.

"I dont think Calderwood should go anyway.  If we are the same next year then some questions need to be asked"

We have been pish this year and we are getting worse by the day. We've had very very few good performances and are clearly worse than last year. We got great draws in both domestic cups, lucked a win in the QF against the tic, and still couldn't reach a final for yet another year. QOS in f**king Europe instead of us! We scraped into top 6 - woopie f**king do!

The Europe run - in which all the results went for us - hides the fact that were are pish. We have a clueless manager and a paper thin squad, many of which are leaving in the summer.

Sorry, but where now - blame JC, WM, SM?????  JC has had 4 years to build the foundations for a team/club and we have nothing to show for his 4 yrs.

JC has had 4 years to build the foundations for a team/club and we have nothing to show for his 4 yrs.

Sorry have to disagree there. I think we are in a much better position than we were when Pele was here.

We have, to be fair to Jimmy although only just this year finished in the top six during his time here.

The question is can he take us to the next level which is top 3 each year, with European football and a good showing in the cups.

Semi final is not bad but to loose both in the manor we did is a disgrace.

I would almost rather have been knocked out by Celtic in the last round and save some face.

At the start of the season if you were promised last 32 of the UEFA cup, 2 semi finals, and top six, then I would have taken it.  The problem is that the two semi finals have been by far the two worse moments of the season.  :hammer:

So near but yet so far it seems.

To say we have nothing to show for Calderwood's 4 years is nonsense.  Its been far better than previous regimes, we just wish it could have been a bit better!

An amazing season of incredible highs and tragic lows.