Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Just in thoughts

I think the way the JC era could be described in the future is, the "if" era. If only we'd played a sensible formation and played players in position. If only we'd replaced crucial players in critical positions with players worthy of those first team berths. There are so many whats if's I cannot be bothered typing them out. I wish he could leave, but he cannot, but I shall still support the team next season. This season is a write off only in the manner we have lost out...pathetically.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.  They say it's the ones you love that hurt you most, well the dons fecking hurt me today.  As one of my boys started crying as the realisation of what was happening hit him, his old dad was only just holding back the tears.  :(

Bastard !!!! ..................... Just when I thought I had managed to last a horrible weekend without breaking down, I am flicking throught the posts to see everyones views and I read the above in your post CtS, and fuck ! I get a lump in my throat and feel myself filling up !

Football can be a very cruel game and personally I can't think of another thing in this world that can give me such highs yet such lows !

My wife totally isn't into football at all and really can't get why it cause such changes in my moods and how it can dominate your life so much.

I was at the game today, and have been to hundreds of Aberdeen games over the 30 or so years I have followed them, but today I experienced what was my most horrible feeling I have ever had as an Aberdeen fan. Like so many of us I really did think today would just be a formality and then Europe here we come, and when the final whistle sounded and the realisation hit home that we were out!  My legs actually turned to jelly, I felt phsically sick, and SERIOUSLY for a minute or two I really thought I was going to pass out. It was a horrible fucking feeling !!!

My feelings today ?  I just want the season over and done with,  hope we sign up Nicholson, Miller & Maybury and that the board push out the boat and we make some significant summer signings(in defence in particular!) and that next season is a good one.

And in the words of Forrest Gump "that is all I have to say on the matter "

Stand Free

:AFC2:

My point of 'nothing to show' is in terms of the squad.  We have no style of play, very poor quality product on the park, no good long term players, no settled squad, no team 'built' by Jimmy. I would expect more. No precontracts and 1/2 a team is leaving at the end of the season.

Managers ask for time to implement a squad, a system, their players etc - that is my point of 'nothing to show.'

We were worse off under Pele etc because we slashed wages etc when other teams were still paying money. Now it is a more level playing field and I feel this is where the ability (or lack of) of a manager/coach should show.

Still, we could be Hearts.

Football can be a very cruel game and personally I can't think of another thing in this world that can give me such highs yet such lows !

My wife totally isn't into football at all and really can't get why it cause such changes in my moods and how it can dominate your life so much.

I was at the game today, and have been to hundreds of Aberdeen games over the 30 or so years I have followed them, but today I experienced what was my most horrible feeling I have ever had as an Aberdeen fan. Like so many of us I really did think today would just be a formality and then Europe here we come, and when the final whistle sounded and the realisation hit home that we were out!  My legs actually turned to jelly, I felt phsically sick, and SERIOUSLY for a minute or two I really thought I was going to pass out. It was a horrible fucking feeling !!!

I know what you mean when the final whistle went I just lay on the floor for a couple of minutes with my hands over my face with her asking, whats wrong and what are you doing?

Then when I did sit up she said omg is that tears in your eyes, then uttered the worse words you can hear at that sort of time, it's only a game!!!!!

I think Orlando you have hut the nail firmly on the head. All that bluster about playing in Europe being good for players development is all fine and well if you keep those players that are gaining that experience. Playing in Europe adds up to fek all if all that happens is that the inglish championship benefits.

Captain - Derek Young possibly, Not sure about Zander now

Sorry, that is the most fucking stupid thing I have ever fucking heard!  :o

Are you saying a player who could not get a contract at a first division club and was only brought in as he is good banter is your choice for captain? The best thing that Youngs fans will say is he trys really hard, well I try hard at 5's on a thursday night - it doesn't make me in anyway a footballer!

As you said minus the football a great day out.

The jambo at Linlithgow getting abused  :rofl:

Manc getting covered in topcorners blood :rofl:

The baby left next to the skip :rofl:

Rearranging the pub :rofl:

Breaking the fireplace in the pub :rofl:

Telling the policeman who tried to confinscate my 36 beers for the train back to Edinburgh to gtf as I was on the Edinburgh train not the Aberdeen train :rofl:

Tartan army pub quiz :rofl:

Falling off the fire escape whilst trying to take down the flag from the trees :rofl:

In my still cut state i was in this morning, i managed to stumble down to the local newsagent to buy some fresh milk and bread. It wasn't until i got to the counter to pay, that i realised i still had PENIS and FANNY scrawled all up my arm in pen! Thanks for that one.

Derek Young as captain????:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is that you Darren??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS Memo to self, be more careful when texting!!!!!

I still find the funny side of it Thanks  :doh:

I personally dont think we have a leader on the park worth giving the captains armband to.

Had a great day on sat still feel pretty rough. Well done to the Globes for a respectable 3rd in quiz considering we all been out drinking since 7am. Great story and night a pity about the footie.  :lolabove:

There in NOBODY in that team that is worth keeping. Except Diamond. He is the only one that  has shown comitment to the club. Despite him being  a tim.

He put himself before the team a number of times yesterday because he was too scared of getting a yellow card and missing the final. I would say for that he appears to be less committed than we thought. If he hadn't been one yellow away from being suspended I am sure he'd have done things differently in the lead up to the goal(s).

He put himself before the team a number of times yesterday because he was too scared of getting a yellow card and missing the final. I would say for that he appears to be less committed than we thought. If he hadn't been one yellow away from being suspended I am sure he'd have done things differently in the lead up to the goal(s).

Yep.  He had a poor game on Saturday along with the whole back 5.  Cunts.

Funny though, because few people seem to acknowledge this and seem to feel McNamara is an appropriate outlet to blame. He was no worse than any other player on the park and I thought the booing was a bit harsh. But then the expectation people have of him is clearly of the standard he was at in his prime, whereas he's 33/34 and clearly isn't the same player.

At fault for goals I'd have said - Diamond, Considine and Maybury, although I didn't watch the highlights very closely and didn't see the build up to the first goal.

Anyway, agree choice of substitutes was possibly ill advised. However, although I've not seen the highlights, I reckon the fact that Diamond was trying not to get booked possibly contributed to the poor defending and maybe one of the goals. He put himself ahead of the team which suggests that maybe I'm wrong in backing him for captain.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I've avoided the net and newspapers until now.  Diamond was the main culprit in my eyes and the fear of getting booked and missing the final caused the whole team to miss the final.

He was all over the place, stood off everyone, didn't commit himself to any tackle.

Second Goal - could have slid in on Stewart before he crossed

Third Goal - had two opportunities, could have come across and headed ball clear after ball bounced over Considine, could have got closer to O'conner when he shot.

Fourth goal - three defenders going for the same ball leaving two at the back post, not totally his fault but he was one of the three.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I've avoided the net and newspapers until now.  Diamond was the main culprit in my eyes and the fear of getting booked and missing the final caused the whole team to miss the final.

He was all over the place, stood off everyone, didn't commit himself to any tackle.

Second Goal - could have slid in on Stewart before he crossed

Third Goal - had two opportunities, could have come across and headed ball clear after ball bounced over Considine, could have got closer to O'conner when he shot.

Fourth goal - three defenders going for the same ball leaving two at the back post, not totally his fault but he was one of the three.

What I've said, apart from my lack of detail about the goals. Maybury was also at fault for 4th goal as he got sucked in leaving Stewart unmarked.