Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Arabs vs. Dons

Arab's haven't been very good of late so i'd hope we'd be giving a few of their former dons nightmares. Should have enough to see them off but it feels like we're always a bit off after international breaks.  We started to come into a decent bit of form so i hope that continues. Certainly Consi should be buoyed by his decent international performance.  Lack of goals will probably show up in this game so I think we'll win, but not by much.  When is Cosgrove back?

2-1 Dons, Hedges and Consi

Losing to Peterhead is a shambles.

I don't think Micky Mellon has a clue what he's meant to be doing. Knocking around the lower leagues in England his whole career will not have prepared him for managing in the top league in Scotland. He seems to know very little about Scottish football.

We should win 2 or 3 nil.

Just win it. The team I hate the most and really hate losing too..

I don't care if we are shit and Scott Wright misses a barrowload of chances, just please don't give them the bragging rights against us.

Been a while since we have played them and don't want to end up dropping any points against them.

3 hours ago, TheDeeDon said:

Just win it. The team I hate the most and really hate losing too..

I don't care if we are shit and Scott Wright misses a barrowload of chances, just please don't give them the bragging rights against us.

Been a while since we have played them and don't want to end up dropping any points against them.

Last time we played them at tannalice, we lost 4-2. Had forgotten that and certainly want to be (w)righting that wrong.

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

Last time we played them at tannalice, we lost 4-2. Had forgotten that and certainly want to be (w)righting that wrong.

No they didnt

1-0 win for the dons (March 2nd 2016) - Simon Church goal

According to AFC Heritage the last time the arabs beat the dons 4-2 was at Pittodrie back in the Calderwood era

How many times did the globes smacked you on the head on your last trip to Dundee?

Edited by tom_widdows

6 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

No they didnt

1-0 win for the dons (March 2nd 2016) - Simon Church goal

According to AFC Heritage the last time the arabs beat the dons 4-2 was at Pittodrie back in the Calderwood era

How many times had the globes smacked you on the head on your last trip to Dundee?

According to the AFC site, last time we played there was 11/02/18 and we lost 4-2 - https://www.afc.co.uk/overview/?FixGuid=20DA7719#match-overview

I've looked elsewhere and looks like AFC have the score the wrong way around?

Not being able to go to this one is really going to hurt. Away days at Tannadice are almost always good days out and a great atmosphere in the ground most of the time. Not going to be same watching on TV. Assuming everyone comes back from international duty fit then would not expect any changes to the team that started against St Mirren. Arabs look very poor at the back so we will get chances it’s just a case of taking them. As Tup said this is one we should be winning. 

Has anyone seen anything about Arabs having a live stream for this?

Oot

out on bike with bairn

hopefully watching game on tv

flat as Edinburgh locked down again. 

3-1 Ferguson Watkins  and Hedges for Dons and Shankland for Arabs. 

Shankland was given leave of absence from the Scotland squad last night because his wife had a bairn. He will no doubt be back for Saturday.

If the bairn's head is anything like the size of his, I feel sorry for his wife, she'll be suffering today.

• Haha 1

Shame, didn't work out for us. Some nice fitba, and completely dominated them for most of the game. Subs didn't work out, not convinced at all by Edmondson and Wright's movement way better than his or Watkins. Missed Cosgrove, but I don't think him and Watkins up front will be the answer either, as I think you need that movement of Wright or Hedges between midfield and forward line. Again, massively better than last season. McLennan had a very good first half.