Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Ayrshire huns

2 hours ago, LA-Don said:

That drives me nuts. Unintentional handball from the Killie forward 30 yards from goal, ball bounces up from his poor control and hits his hand, free kick. Not much different to the ball bouncing up in the Killie box off a defender and hitting his hand 10 mins ago, no free kick. Explain...

Unintentional doesn't matter these days, it's hand in an unnatural position. The handball that was given was because the guy's arm was raised, the handball not given was because the guy's arm was at his side give or take.

Edit: good win, some nice fitba, especially in the first. Really annoying that Wright didn't finish that one in the second, just took it a tiny bit close to the keeper and narrowed the angle too much. Our goal was great though.

Edited by RicoS321

3 hours ago, LA-Don said:

That drives me nuts. Unintentional handball from the Killie forward 30 yards from goal, ball bounces up from his poor control and hits his hand, free kick. Not much different to the ball bouncing up in the Killie box off a defender and hitting his hand 10 mins ago, no free kick. Explain...

Well the actual law  states that "it is not an offence if the ball touches a player's hand/arm directly from the player's own head or body (including the foot) it is not an offence"  so neither should have been given.

2 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Good win, but I think we made it harder than it needed to be. Would have liked to see us push on more and get the 2nd, almost like we played counter attacking football at home to Killie. Still, another win and another shutout!

This. We should have won more comfortably than we did but seemed to ease off and let Killie into game. 

A great goal to win the game and would have been nice to have seen Wright take his chance and make the scoreline look better and was a great pass from Watkins to set him up.

We just look a better team with more balance in the team, but need to score more, which I am sure will come as I believe there is goals in that team.

Having Hayes back has been great, his energy on the park we badly missed in his 3 seasons away.

Have we got an agreement to sign McRorie or is it a loan only?  I keep hearing conflicting stories and even this soon in his time I don't want us to lose him.

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

If you listen to Mcinnes interview after the game, he talks about "responsibility to manage the game" when we dont take our chances.Might have been better continuing creating chances to miss than letting Killie create the chances they missed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54134104

Yep, I suspect he's just referring to the number of possession we gave them in front of our box, number of corners etc. To be fair, I think he chose to make the subs at the right time, and Hayes still had two great attempts subsequently, which showed we didn't really manage the game too much. Even Considine was up in their box with a few minutes to go. I hope he continues with this approach as we created the better chances with Lewis not really having much to do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheDeeDon said:

A great goal to win the game and would have been nice to have seen Wright take his chance and make the scoreline look better and was a great pass from Watkins to set him up.

We just look a better team with more balance in the team, but need to score more, which I am sure will come as I believe there is goals in that team.

Having Hayes back has been great, his energy on the park we badly missed in his 3 seasons away.

Have we got an agreement to sign McRorie or is it a loan only?  I keep hearing conflicting stories and even this soon in his time I don't want us to lose him.

Supposedly there is a 3 year deal set up to start at the end of this season. 
As to whether this can be torn up should gerrard and co decide they made a mistake is another matter but Im presuming as he is on loan he isn't allowed to play against sevco this season?

16 minutes ago, tup1 said:

The Covid 8 nonsense changed the course of our season.

Has led to a massive change in fortune, and got us shot of the useless Bryson.

I don't think the covid thing had anything to do with getting rid of Bryson. He came on against St Johnstone (in arguably his best performance for us, which doesn't say much, but he did play a significant part in the goal), then he didn't feature anyway.

I think the signing of McRorie had a big part to play, but also the change in formation (initially to match up against St Johnstone) which has allowed us to keep both Hedges and Wright in the team. Their movement is fantastic. You just have that horrible suspicion, especially with McGeouch performing quite well, that McInnes will break it up at the first opportunity because we're giving the opposition too many opportunities (even though we aren't, but they're getting a fair bit of possession in our half and there are numerous holes). Hopefully - as mentioned in the BBC article - this is where the pressure from the board will come in and McInnes will feel the need to entertain as well as get results.

Finally got around to actually seeing the highlights of the Killie game this morning.

Actually looked a decent game overall and whilst we could and probably should have scored more, we could have just about as easily dropped a couple of points in it.

McRorie just looking better and better with each game.

Team has a nice settled look to it at present.

Could do with Watkins getting of the goal scoring mark to boost his confidence but link up play looks really good