Jump to content

Next Match: St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Celeb Deaths


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At last, something good comes from Covid. Rot in hell you bastard

Dave Cornwell, better known as the writer John Le Carre, passes away aged 89. Love his books.

Posted Images

  • 1 month later...

I see that Peter Green died yesterday. A bad trip on LSD when he was only in his early 20's fucked him up for a long time. A bit like Syd Barrett. ☹️ He gave away all his money and left music for years. I was only reading at the start of the year that there was talk of him going on tour again. 😌

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Alan Parker - 76

Think the first film of his I saw was 'Mississipi Burning' then a few weeks later my English Teacher showed us this which was probably more appropriate for my age at the time
 


 

Great director, great film.

Even better however was Midnight Express

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2020 at 20:29, BigAl said:

Great director, great film.

Even better however was Midnight Express

Agreed. Midnight Express was harrowing. Saw it in the cinema over 40 years ago.

Tam Forsyth, known as Jaws, kicked the bucket. He will always be remembered for the tackle on Mick Channon but he was one of the only Rangers players I liked. Hated him performing well against  AFC but he was a quality footballer. Of the hard man no-nonsense breed that we don't get nowadays. The modern generations are too pussy and weak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's younger brother died. They've not said what he died from but if it was Covid, his critics will have a field day.

There's a phrase the origin of which is unknown to me. Tam Cowan was going on yesterday about the origins of well-known phrases and the purple patch was one they were speculating on. A field day as opposed to being inside? Like going out into the community (and contracting a virus) rather than staying in lockdown? Fuck knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Trump's younger brother died. They've not said what he died from but if it was Covid, his critics will have a field day.

There's a phrase the origin of which is unknown to me. Tam Cowan was going on yesterday about the origins of well-known phrases and the purple patch was one they were speculating on. A field day as opposed to being inside? Like going out into the community (and contracting a virus) rather than staying in lockdown? Fuck knows.

It's military pish. A day set aside for playing at sudjers. Not sure how it translates to its modern day equivalent. I'm guessing it'd be like a day free of consequences perhaps?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's military pish. A day set aside for playing at sudjers. Not sure how it translates to its modern day equivalent. I'm guessing it'd be like a day free of consequences perhaps?

Speaking of which, Muriel Thomson's father was quite a character. Muriel was the first female club pro in the UK (and possibly further afield) and was Europe's no. 1 golfer once upon a time. It was Portlethen where she was the pro and one of triplets, was a unique egg. I liked her where she rubbed many up the wrong way.

Her father used to run the NE Alliances and one day this tit came to the desk to sign in and introduced himself as Major so-and-so. "It's gowf we play here laddie, nae sudjers" 😂😆🤣

Edited by rocket_scientist
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Speaking of which, Muriel Thomson's father was quite a character. Muriel was the first female club pro in the UK (and possibly further afield) and was Europe's no. 1 golfer once upon a time. It was Portlethen where she was the pro and one of triplets, was a unique egg. I liked her where she rubbed many up the wrong way.

Her father used to run the NE Alliances and one day this tit came to the desk to sign in and introduced himself as Major so-and-so. "It's gowf we play here laddie, nae sudjers" 😂😆🤣

Aye, a weird thing titles, more so those that use them on themselves.

Fit's your thoughts on portlethen course? I hate it, find it very dull and the dual carriageway close by just grates. Then I'm fairly pish at golf which likely doesn't help and I found the rough used to be a little too unforgiving for someone who thinks using the fairways is cheating. It plays quite long when yer hacking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined Portlethen 25 odd years ago when we came back to Scotland and having bought a house in Stoney (couldn't afford to buy in Abz), one year at the mountain goat track that was and is Stonehaven was too much.

I liked it then. It was young and maturing  and improving every year and had some good times. After we came back from St Andrews I rejoined it but left after 12 months. I detest it now, not just the course but the members and the (relatively) new pro is a weegie-sounding arse. It was taking 4 and three quarters on a Saturday. Too busy with lots of clueless hacking ignorant fucks. And the course stopped improving and has grown into a total bore. 

Edited by rocket_scientist
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I joined Portlethen 25 odd years ago when we came back to Scotland and having bought a house in Stoney (couldn't afford to buy in Abz), one year at the mountain goat track that was and is Stonehaven was too much.

I liked it then. It was young and maturing  and improving every year and had some good times. After we came back from St Andrews I rejoined it but left after 12 months. I detest it now, not just the course but the members and the (relatively) new pro is a weegie-sounding arse. It was taking 4 and three quarters on a Saturday. Too busy with lots of clueless hacking ignorant fucks. And the course stopped improving and has grown into a total bore. 

Sounds about right. Boring probably a good way to describe it. Reminds me a lot of East Aberdeenshire, which was indicative of its surroundings. Some cunt at portlethen tried to enforce the "collar" rule when I was there, that put me massively off. Will maybe try it again sometime, but I'll maybe get some practice in first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...