Jump to content

Next Match: Aberdeen v Hamilton

Stand Free!

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, tup1 said:

I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. I'm there to watch football. That's it. I'd imagine most people feel the same way. I'm not buying into any propaganda by watching a football match despite your waffle above.

Nor am I there to take knees, give minutes applauses, or make nazi salutes. I find the sight of Derek McInnes taking the knee absolutely laughable. 

It's only in recent years that this has become a 'thing'. Probably started with the Princess Diana stuff, forced grief for someone murdered by her own family members. That was the start of this slippery slope of manipulating sports crowds with geopolitical bullshit.

I get it though, you either can't see it or refuse to see it for what it is. 

I do see that, that's what I'm saying. I agree with your last part, I don't need you or others to tell me that's why I brought up the NHS clap originally. What I'm saying is that the whole experience is political whether you like it or not. By supporting Aberdeen in Scottish football, you're taking a political position. I don't care if most people feel the same way or not, it's a simple fact. Your agreeing to everything about Scottish football by paying your money to watch AFC, and every decision made by the SPFL and its setup is political, unless you can point to any of the examples I gave and say they're not political (or propaganda)? The football match you attend doesn't exist in a vacuum, whether you pretend it does or not, it's just a subset of capitalism. You're buying into the "AFC family" narrative. What you're actually saying, then, is that you don't want a particular type of political action to be practiced at a football match. I'm saying that you're choosing an arbitrary cutoff point. I make a choice to ignore the fact that AFC play in a fixed league designed around two teams (that's political, just in case you thought otherwise) when I turn up at Pittodrie - to suspend the belief for 90 minutes. Whether I extend that for another 30 seconds prior to kick off or not is arbitrary, and would miss the point entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 points

Who cares about that, no self respecting Aberdeen supporter should be watching that nonsense. The criminal boy at Livvy is doing a great job.

Valid reason to like someone, I applaud that. Maybe I should reassess 😀 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I do see that, that's what I'm saying. I agree with your last part, I don't need you or others to tell me that's why I brought up the NHS clap originally. What I'm saying is that the whole experience is political whether you like it or not. By supporting Aberdeen in Scottish football, you're taking a political position. I don't care if most people feel the same way or not, it's a simple fact. Your agreeing to everything about Scottish football by paying your money to watch AFC, and every decision made by the SPFL and its setup is political, unless you can point to any of the examples I gave and say they're not political (or propaganda)? The football match you attend doesn't exist in a vacuum, whether you pretend it does or not, it's just a subset of capitalism. You're buying into the "AFC family" narrative. What you're actually saying, then, is that you don't want a particular type of political action to be practiced at a football match. I'm saying that you're choosing an arbitrary cutoff point. I make a choice to ignore the fact that AFC play in a fixed league designed around two teams (that's political, just in case you thought otherwise) when I turn up at Pittodrie - to suspend the belief for 90 minutes. Whether I extend that for another 30 seconds prior to kick off or not is arbitrary, and would miss the point entirely.

Fair enough.

The fixed league thing only happened since football on TV became a thing. In the 80's, the league was not fixed, and was an actual proper competitive sporting competition, which several teams were capable of winning.

The introduction of saturation TV coverage has also, lo and behold, brought all this political nonsense into football. But BLM is by far the most sinister, and the taking of a knee by everyone, for fear of being labelled racist, is akin to having to Sieg Heil to Hitler back in the day. It's heinous. Booing it seems the only logical response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Granted, only the huns mk2 have done well and qualified, I was merely coming from the angle I want them both to lose all fixtures, at all times. So a win for the dhims still qualifies.

A win keeps 'the winner' in his job thereby continuing the suffering of the so called 'greatest fans in the world' The same fans that unveiled a banner stating the celtic board should be shot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The huns are winning but I won’t get too down about it.

I lost all faith in Scottish football the day Gazza was blazing on the pitch and carried out a number of assaults on Dons players which he never even got booked for.

That was the day the corruption in our game dawned on me. It’s got much worse since.

The huns are still financially doping so you have to question what Scottish football even is. Make a massive unsustainable loss and win. Any team could do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jute said:

How this wasn’t a red card defies explanation.

 

The referee's brother, Brian McLean, used to play for the huns. He shouldn't be allowed to referee hun games, a more blatant supporter with a whistle you'd struggle to find.

He reminds me of Mike McCurry with his cheating, totally shameless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

Watching the EPL, Juergen Koop better not be complaining after today’s game, Liverpool have been the beneficiary of several referee decisions, most obviously the non award of a penalty to Fulham in the 1st half.

Another VAR failure. Clear and obvious error and not overturned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dons8321 said:

Any chance that this will be looked at by the beaks tomorrow and he'll be suspended...I mean the DU player for diving, obviously..  

I didn't think they'd be allowed to given that the ref had already dealt with it. It's a definite red. It must be frustrating for a manager to see an obviously talented player do that sort of thing, it was such a ridiculously stupid action, and not even hard enough to hurt the player either. In fairness to the ref, from his angle it possibly just comes across as "leading with the arm" rather than what it was, which was an actual deliberate elbow. The former being a yellow in most cases.

Edit: more importantly, what about the BBC coverage? I didn't watch sportscene, but I'm guessing they discussed it properly, but normally you'd have the "was this a red card" video singled out (like happened for Ferguson, correctly, the other week) with the incident shown on its own and the pundits view. Instead it goes with a "there's no elbow there" headline with Gerrard's view on the incident. Blatant pandering, again. Concerned they'll get accused of picking on the hun, or specifically, Morelos. Any objective coverage would show this incident in its own right as it merits it - it's the very obvious controversial talking point of the games which likely had a significant impact on the result.

 

Edited by RicoS321
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerrard says 'no elbow'. Ah well, that's fine then. He kens fine it's a red.

A more blatant red you'd struggle to find. What we are watching in Scotland is not really a sporting competition, it's a fraud. Referees should be sourced from all over Scotland but most of them come from one area and are incredibly biased. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Gerrard says 'no elbow'. Ah well, that's fine then. He kens fine it's a red.

A more blatant red you'd struggle to find. What we are watching in Scotland is not really a sporting competition, it's a fraud. Referees should be sourced from all over Scotland but most of them come from one area and are incredibly biased. 

To be fair most of the population of the country come from one area so it stands to reason that the majority of the referees do. 
 

Gerrard is at it though as he knows that was a red card. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jute said:

To be fair most of the population of the country come from one area so it stands to reason that the majority of the referees do. 
 

Gerrard is at it though as he knows that was a red card. 

Well there's a rule in England which specifically prevents a referee from officiating a match which involves his home town team.

In Scotland, the exact opposite applies. The more connections you have, the more qualified you are. Hence we have Ibrox season ticket holders with whistles in their mouths pretending to be objective.

If the same rule was applied in Scotland, half these chancers would have to retire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

 

Edit: more importantly, what about the BBC coverage? I didn't watch sportscene, but I'm guessing they discussed it properly, but normally you'd have the "was this a red card" video singled out (like happened for Ferguson, correctly, the other week) with the incident shown on its own and the pundits view. Instead it goes with a "there's no elbow there" headline with Gerrard's view on the incident. Blatant pandering, again. Concerned they'll get accused of picking on the hun, or specifically, Morelos. Any objective coverage would show this incident in its own right as it merits it - it's the very obvious controversial talking point of the games which likely had a significant impact on the result.

 

Apologies to the BBC, the analysis is up there now, just took them a minute, which is to be expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jute said:

Looking like French football is in the shite following collapse of their TV deal. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/15/ligue-1-clubs-stare-financial-abyss-tv-deal-collapses-mediapro?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1608030752

Time for a cheeky bid for Mbappe. Sure he can play left back. 

 

Accepting a massive payout from a TV company with zero financial scrutiny is so 2009.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By no means an expert or have any real knowledge of French sport but for some reason in my head football never seemed to be a big deal in France which seemed to explain the lack of success of their clubs at European level - Only 1 Champions league and 1 Cup winners cup.
The national team success came from players not applying their trade in France and for some reason I recall there being a bit of controversy in the early 90s where they adopted a policy of only choosing french based players which was potentially a reason for their failure to qualify for the 1994 world cup. That last bit is either bullshit or was a very short lived.

Either way 3.25billion for a league which Ive certainly never seen advertised around the world seems so ludicrous surely someone had to say 'hold on a minute'? 
Will we find out later that PSG, Marseille, Lyon, & Monaco voted against it but the rest of the clubs just saw 'free cash'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tup1 said:

It's a pity the TV deal in Scotland wouldn't collapse, given it's what ruined our league in the first place.

The really annoying thing is the folk behind the deal that collapsed the last time are back involved in our game with Premier Sports being Setanta. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jute said:

The really annoying thing is the folk behind the deal that collapsed the last time are back involved in our game with Premier Sports being Setanta. 

Aye, the company which bought Celtic and Rangers games only in the Scottish Cup.

The duopoly we have will go on forever under the current setup since most of the money is funnelled upwards to 2 teams. Corruption in other words.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...