Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Gerrard and the whole Ibrokes backroom team were awarded new 4 year contracts only a few short weeks ago. If we think it's an expensive business to punt DM/Doc....those cretins in Govan have got a problem likely 4 to 5 times the size of ours if they want to punt Slippy et al. So I can't see their board taking any action for the foreseeable future. Even in spite of the orc hordes who are starting to turn on them in numbers. It's hilarious entertainment for everyone else looking on though. Especially as by this time next week, they could be (in a perfect world) left with nothing but their pride to play for.

As for May......if I'm correct he managed 8 goals in 61 appearances for us. Since returning to St Johnstone he has 7 goals in 22 appearances. He took a lot of stick for his lack of goals for us. But him and Cosgrove got a run in the side between October - December as a strike duo and in that period we picked up a load of victories. Cosgrove was the one scoring all the goals....but I could live with that. They were working effectively together. I'd still rather have May than Main tbh. But right now.....I'd rather have Main in the side than Cosgrove

Big win for St Mirren last night @ Motherwell.

Just watched the highlights on BBC. Remeber being impressed with Durmus at last game we had in Paisley and in the brief highlights of last night he looked like a handful again.

They zare now six points ahead of Hearts with a superior goal difference

They'll go into Saturday's cup tie with confidence high.

Think right now I'd take a replay at Pittodrie

Huns missed a penalty just before half time. Decent save from the keeper but a piss poor attempt from Hagi.

The Braga left sided defender Silva is a total bombscare. I'd genuinely prefer to have Ricky Foster in my side than this imposter. Can't see the game finishing 0-0 but sadly it's sevco I expect to see scoring

Celtic knocked out 3-1 by Copenhagen. All 3 Copenhagen goals the result of horrendous Celtic defending, worst being their firs with Simunovic making a total dick of himself. Even so they pulled it back to 1-1 with 7 minutes to go and should have just regrouped and waited for extra-time. Why the hell don't they defend as comically against us ffs?

Can now envisage sevco actually drawing Copenhagen tomorrow. What's more...if they do I think sevco would beat them. Horrible horrible thought that der Hun could end up in the last 8.

Hearts do us a huge turn by walloping Hibs. Thoroughly deserved and Hibs should have had Scott Allan sent off at the penalty he gave away. Also should have had McNulty sent off first half for stamping on the guy with massive facial birthmark....hopefully the Compliance Officer gets involved and bans him tomorrow which would rule him out against us.

Surely Celtic will also do us a turn against Livi, even with it being on Livi's horrible plastic pitch. I doubt Motherwell will falter at home against County but although I think we will turn Killie over yet again, a point wouldn't be an absolute disaster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched 2 Aussie Rules games over the last couple of days.

One played at the MCG to complete silence other than the players voices/ refs whistle etc.

Another players at the smaller Geelong stadium but they either played crowd noises through the tannoy system or dubbed it onto the TV coverage. Whatever they did it really made a difference to the point I thought they had opened the stand underneath the TV cameras.

Few suggestions that the crowd noise could be used at EPL games. I really hope they do and the same with the SPL when it returns

Watched 2 Aussie Rules games over the last couple of days.

One played at the MCG to complete silence other than the players voices/ refs whistle etc.

Another players at the smaller Geelong stadium but they either played crowd noises through the tannoy system or dubbed it onto the TV coverage. Whatever they did it really made a difference to the point I thought they had opened the stand underneath the TV cameras.

Few suggestions that the crowd noise could be used at EPL games. I really hope they do and the same with the SPL when it returns

BT Sport have had crowd noise on Bundesliga games this week and have said it will be a option for EPL games next week.

Is there a danger that, after lockdown, they will continue to use it for Livingston games?

:rofl:

Crowds have returned here. Saturdays Super Rugby Aotearoa was the first pro sport game in the world to have a crowd.  Pro football is linked to the a-league so won't return until August, but that'll be in Oz anyway.

Was quite impressed with the crowd noise for the AFL, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I see Kaiserslauten have announced that they are proceeding with a planned insolvency.  Wonder how many will follow suit.

Couple of comments Ive seen suggest their demise started after they spent nearly 80million rennovating the stadium for the 2006 world cup. Had they filled the additional 10000 capacity it would have paid for itself but the conensus is their old capacity was about as high as they could expect.

The crowd feed was shite.

VAR was shite.

The game was utter toilet.

Sideshow Bob Luiz in the next game was staggeringly bad. He's jinxed that cunt.

Borussia Dortmund were shite.

And Leipzig's home failures since lockdown are weirdly shite.

Daniel Rashford was great this week though, as that Handcock cunt called him, the shitebag with the queen's image in his hoose. Fucking weirdo.

Really disappointed in the game last night, the crowd makes such a difference to live sport.  The Sky crowd noise on Sky Sports whatever the hell it is called was just weird and the alternative on the other channel with no noise was rubbish too.  Was so looking forward to getting sport back on the telly but the football was crap, the snooker the other week was crap and the golf at the weekend was crap    :(

I feel like you’re making a point, but can’t quite make it out  ;D

Overall I haven’t been impressed with the sports fare on show so far. The rugby here , however was very good. Was nice seeing competitive sport.