Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

FFS Killie, really want Hamilton down this season.

I really don't mind Hamilton, they are what they are, getting a tiny support pretty much in the back yard of the arse cheeks...….so well done to the few hundred who turn out week in week out supporting their local side instead of taking the "easy option" of following sevco or septic.

Despite that.....they have a youth policy that appears to work well and manage to sell someone pretty much every second season for decent money which no doubt keeps them in business. I agree with Tom......I hope Killie fall through the trapdoor (obviously I'd prefer sevco above all to do so but I'm a realist)

VAR  :hammer:

Fuck sake this is gonna take some getting used to.

Perhaps it would have seen a penalty awarded at Paisley today (still havent seen any TV pics) but the West Ham vs Man city, and Wolves vs Leicester games show the way things are going.

Mind you given the rule about substitutes leaving the pitch from the closest point seems to have been kicked into touch already will it be the case VAR is footballs equivalent of 3D films & TV?

linfield through to play fc carrier bag... thats punching above your weight our board may want to revise what that means

Is it? They beat FC Sutjeska. Getting to the play-offs is surely only as much of an achievement as the level of the teams you beat? In theory, we could get to the league cup final beating only 1st division teams. That wouldn't be classed as punching above our weight.

Is it? They beat FC Sutjeska. Getting to the play-offs is surely only as much of an achievement as the level of the teams you beat? In theory, we could get to the league cup final beating only 1st division teams. That wouldn't be classed as punching above our weight.

I believe favourable draws like that are currently reserved for The Rangers.

midgetland would have pumped us , needless to day i think the huns would steameroller us based on last 2 performances

Not sure they would, although by the same token I'm certain we would have put 4 past them like sevco did. Because as usual Mcinnes would have had us sitting back and absorbing the pressure. It was shite to watch....but it was working against Rijeka. Until Logan had another of his total brainfarts and gave them an opening that up to that point really didn't look like it was coming.

Not sure they would, although by the same token I'm certain we would have put 4 past them like sevco did. Because as usual Mcinnes would have had us sitting back and absorbing the pressure. It was shite to watch....but it was working against Rijeka. Until Logan had another of his total brainfarts and gave them an opening that up to that point really didn't look like it was coming.

I don't buy that. We were getting more and more defensive and if it wasn't Logan it would have been someone else. Just like when we play Celtic most times, and I'm sure Rangers this year, it's sit back until we inevitably lose one. We would have gifted a goal or they'd have scored as they did the second goal.

I don't buy that. We were getting more and more defensive and if it wasn't Logan it would have been someone else. Just like when we play Celtic most times, and I'm sure Rangers this year, it's sit back until we inevitably lose one. We would have gifted a goal or they'd have scored as they did the second goal.

Agreed, it worked to a degree in the first half, however for the second we should have come all guns blazing. We  (the defence in particular) buckle under pressure. Every single time.

Found this little list after seeing Macclesfield town have been hit with another winding up petition, and the shit that is currently going on with Bury FC. The latter have 9 days to get their finances sorted or be expelled from the entire football league. They actually won promotion last season but have had all of their games postponed so far this season.

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/winding-up-petitions-lists-in-the-football-league-and-beyond.1949/

The media likes to focus on the EPL's spending power and how much money it supposedly makes around the world however drop out of it and you can find yourself in a completley different story.

Reminds me of the spiel the Edinburgh Ghost tours like to spin about once you were outside the city walls you were basically on your own and the police etc wouldnt give a fuck should you go missing.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

VAR  :hammer:

Fuck sake this is gonna take some getting used to.

Perhaps it would have seen a penalty awarded at Paisley today (still havent seen any TV pics) but the West Ham vs Man city, and Wolves vs Leicester games show the way things are going.

Mind you given the rule about substitutes leaving the pitch from the closest point seems to have been kicked into touch already will it be the case VAR is footballs equivalent of 3D films & TV?

Really hate the way the game is going with this.  Watched the Citeh v Spurs game at the weekend and the disallowed goal was terrible.  I get the new rule that they don't want handballs to influence goals, and that's fine as I always felt if a shot or cross was blocked by a hand then the team should be penalised whether it was intentional or not but on Saturday the hand ball played no real part in the goal. 

Also the fractional offside thing is a joke.  In my opinion a player should be clearly offside to be ruled as such not just a millimetre.  We used to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team which always seemed fair.

When VAR was spoken about initially the intention was to avoid blatantly bad decisions, things like mistaken identities and over the top tackles but the things it is being used for is ridiculous.  This is the worst thing that has happened to the game in years.

Really hate the way the game is going with this.  Watched the Citeh v Spurs game at the weekend and the disallowed goal was terrible.  I get the new rule that they don't want handballs to influence goals, and that's fine as I always felt if a shot or cross was blocked by a hand then the team should be penalised whether it was intentional or not but on Saturday the hand ball played no real part in the goal. 

Also the fractional offside thing is a joke.  In my opinion a player should be clearly offside to be ruled as such not just a millimetre.  We used to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team which always seemed fair.

When VAR was spoken about initially the intention was to avoid blatantly bad decisions, things like mistaken identities and over the top tackles but the things it is being used for is ridiculous.  This is the worst thing that has happened to the game in years.

It's pish. It was always going to be pish. TV rule for the TV game. Plastic as fuck.

Bolton postponed their home game with Doncaster tomorrow night citing player welfare concerns because they have been playing their Youth team while they try to survive their financial issues.

Slight issue is they did it about 330 this afternoon and annouced it on social media but apparenlty did not contact Doncaster or the EFL.

English football is so professional

Bolton postponed their home game with Doncaster tomorrow night citing player welfare concerns because they have been playing their Youth team while they try to survive their financial issues.

Slight issue is they did it about 330 this afternoon and annouced it on social media but apparenlty did not contact Doncaster or the EFL.

English football is so professional

Sad to see so many NW English clubs struggling badly.  Bury are due to be closed at the end of the week.  Shit state of affairs, as it's the fans that suffer, not the owners.

:o :o Were you heavily inebriated at the time?! I believe the handball was completely unintentional but the touch off Laporte's (I think it was?) arm cushioned the ball beautifully into Jesus' path allowing him to take a touch and pick his spot. Very nicely finished it was too but to suggest the handball played no real part is just factually incorrect.